IT'S HERE!!!!! [DL] I-Empire Promo CD

CyanFire

Copy & Pasted From My Post On PD

Hmmmm after being woken up out of a dead sleep from being stung by a wasp (yes pwnt) this was the perfect thing to be a risen to after being quite pissed off.

I started out with "My Only Fear" and when the verse kicked in wow i didn't see that coming it knocked me back (not literately) I wasn't expecting that at all but in a great way. It's so strong and powerful it shows how creative Tom really is. His vocals stand out so much in this song.

"Sirens" It's nice to hear this without it being a bootleg it's great I'm really digging it the chorus is great as well as everything else in the song.

"Breathe" First impressions of this song was It's great to hear something different thats not in the style of AvA it's good to differ. A lot of people are bitching about this song and I honestly think it's because a lot of people are pretty closed minded to music. The song is simply beautiful.

I just have to say something about Secret Crowds... The 2nd part of the intro why does it seem like it sounds like shit? Not the music just the quality of it... I wish they would re-record that part. Other than that I love this song.

Watch I'm calling it right now since he's been being silent... one week before the album is released and everybody's liking the music Mark is going to go have some interview blasting Tom apart and all of a sudden people are going to go back to hating everything about Tom and the music they just said they loved.

Mark's tell all interview was over 4 months after WDNTW was released.  Plus nothing new (as far as any of us know) has happened between him and Tom since that interview.  however, I do see Mark releasing a new song a week before I-Empire is released, like how they released No It Isn't on Tom's B-day (though like said many times it could just be a coincidence, but if something like that happened again, I'd say it probably wasnt)

Anyways, My Only Fear and Sirens are really really good.

Breathe is decent, but I dunno, it feels kinda like a forced love song to me, I do like it, but something about it feels almost fake and a bit forced.

And as I've said, Secret Crowds doesn't do much for me, am I alone with that?  The song is to blah for me, feels to recycled I think is what I'm saying, though maybe thats not what I mean, I dunno its strange.

All in all though I am very happy for this, My Only Fear and Sirens are on par with The Adventure IMO, so at least Tom is heading in that direction it would seem.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Trojan

if they go on myspace, they'll be taken down right away anyway.

i'm really enjoying these songs. they're what i expected. i loved wdntw, and i'm sure ill love I-E.

wooow, very cool, i am impressed. especially breathe, that is the kinda of "new music" tom was talking about, it is something new.

my only fear is my favorite song by now, so good. i am very exited for the album.

i go on a 11 day trip to austria tomorrow so when i come back i expect the full album :-D

wooow, very cool, i am impressed. especially breathe, that is the kinda of "new music" tom was talking about, it is something new.

my only fear is my favorite song by now, so good. i am very exited for the album.

i go on a 11 day trip to austria tomorrow so when i come back i expect the full album :-D

Glad im not the only one  :-D

Glad im not the only one  :-D

i like it too, but parts of it just feel fake to me, i dunno

also, in Secret Crowds, when Tom sings,

"Secret Crowds rise up and gather"

does anyone else think the vocal melody sounds an awful lot like

"Everything has fallen to pieces"

its weird, Everything Magic has the tune to Anthem pt2 and Secret Crowds has a very similar vocal melody (at least in my head) to anthem pt2

Regardless, this stuff is awesome

These songs are great, but is it me or do they feel sorta imcomplete and rushed? Are these the final version of the songs?

From what I understand, these aren't final versions, but pretty close to it.

Breathe:  I'm loving this song.  It seems like it will be the "I'm Lost Without You" of I-Empire (without the drum solo of course).  It's different from the rest of the album, with how slow it is, but still a great song.

My Only Fear:  I don't know what to say about it, I think it's really good.  I really like the drums in both songs.