Zoo Magazine Review

Russel Coight

Harsh but kinda true.

yeah, and unfortunately for Tom most reviews aren't giving it anything above a 3.5 out of 5

I just don't get how he can be so good writing on his own with one project of his own (Boxcar) and not close to as good with the other (AVA)

I think this following review has a lot of really good points, this line in particular got to me because it is very true (though i find it funny that his favorite track is one of my least favorites):

"Again. Look, deep inside of us, we all want to like Angels and Airwaves. Whether you’d like to believe that they are ‘saviors of rock’ and ‘the best music in the past 20 years’, you know, that somewhere deep within you wants Angels and Airwaves to be good."

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/album.php?albumid=22323

Decent review, has some good points. The album was a disappointment to me, too, but there are some stand-out tracks. I can't agree what he said about Breathe though. I can't stand that song.

The review has many good points but this one is easily the most important:

Almost every song over utilizes that same structure of opening up with a two-minute keyboard introduction before shifting into auto-drive with a completely bland verse-chorus-verse song structure.

But this suggests that the reviewer missed BCR:

He’s got no passion, emotion. No depth. No songwriting skills.

The review has many good points but this one is easily the most important:

Almost every song over utilizes that same structure of opening up with a two-minute keyboard introduction before shifting into auto-drive with a completely bland verse-chorus-verse song structure.

But this suggests that the reviewer missed BCR:

He’s got no passion, emotion. No depth. No songwriting skills.

yeah i think that may be the case, but i think a lot of reviewers are unaware that BCR existed, it was such a short and under-promoted part of Tom's life, when that was the album Tom should have been telling the world about IMO.