Anybody have a les paul studio??????????????????????

Ryan

Guest Trojan

Epi or Gibson?

I own a Gibson Les Paul Studio.

The only thing im not too keen on is the fretboard.

You own a fucking Gibson? Dude, make a band with me. The sheer power of the Gibson is just beauty!

the aesthetics(binding,etc), are a big difference between the two, but other then that I dont see a huge difference.  Standards have burtsbuckers and studios have the 400 series buckers, which the standards used to have i believe.  I personally prefer burstbuckers over most pickups but thats all opinion.  Same mahogany body/maple top. rosewood fretboard.  the standard has a slim 60's neck, which is a very easy neck to move around on, and the studios has the fatter 50's neck players like Zakk Wylde like.  I do know the tuners gibson uses on there recent studios are very shitty.  IMO i dont like the look of studios.  Do you need to get a Gibson or are you looking at other options?

the aesthetics(binding,etc), are a big difference between the two, but other then that I dont see a huge difference.  Standards have burtsbuckers and studios have the 400 series buckers, which the standards used to have i believe.  I personally prefer burstbuckers over most pickups but thats all opinion.  Same mahogany body/maple top. rosewood fretboard.  the standard has a slim 60's neck, which is a very easy neck to move around on, and the studios has the fatter 50's neck players like Zakk Wylde like.  I do know the tuners gibson uses on there recent studios are very shitty.  IMO i dont like the look of studios.  Do you need to get a Gibson or are you looking at other options?

I prefer Gibson LPs to any other guitar I've played. I'm not too worried about the looks I just want the LP sound. After I wrap up college and all that I'll plunk down for a better one probably.

the aesthetics(binding,etc), are a big difference between the two, but other then that I dont see a huge difference.  Standards have burtsbuckers and studios have the 400 series buckers, which the standards used to have i believe.  I personally prefer burstbuckers over most pickups but thats all opinion.  Same mahogany body/maple top. rosewood fretboard.  the standard has a slim 60's neck, which is a very easy neck to move around on, and the studios has the fatter 50's neck players like Zakk Wylde like.  I do know the tuners gibson uses on there recent studios are very shitty.  IMO i dont like the look of studios.  Do you need to get a Gibson or are you looking at other options?

I prefer Gibson LPs to any other guitar I've played. I'm not too worried about the looks I just want the LP sound. After I wrap up college and all that I'll plunk down for a better one probably.

o i wasnt implying gibsons are bad.  there are just companies out there that you can get similiar sounds for less.  Granted no guitar can copy the gibson chunk. Gibson's quality has gone down overall, but if you can find a perfectly built one, there is very few better guitars out there.