Travis injured in plane crash

Patient #48273

i've heard rumours of his penis being burned off, Im not sure. But I also hear from the same person that he is alive

That was sooooooo hilarious, dude.

it wasnt meant to be......  But the guy that said it only used the fact that he was burned from waist down as proof, so I dont think that means it has to be burned off, but its a good thing he is alive.

dammit this is awful. RIP lil chris. and i hope travis gets better.

you know AM is a person too, right?

So are Sarah Lemmon, James Bland and Charles Still. Do we have to mention all of them? My prayers go out to everyone involved, but I don't think excluding anyone in text is disrespectful nor should it be pointed out

Yeah. Some of us only know Travis from out of the group of people.

I disagree, Blee,

it's seriously pisses me the fuck off that some people & the media & shit are putting Travis as the MAIN focus alone here.

Like the CNN article headline is

"Blink-182's Barker critically injured in plane crash"

I personally find it wrong.

So are Sarah Lemmon, James Bland and Charles Still. Do we have to mention all of them? My prayers go out to everyone involved, but I don't think excluding anyone in text is disrespectful nor should it be pointed out

It doesn't matter who you know and don't know. What matters is people are injured & dead.

I disagree, Blee,

it's seriously pisses me the fuck off that some people & the media & shit are putting Travis as the MAIN focus alone here.

yep, but that's how it works these days. I also found it weird that the BBC article about the crash is in the 'entertainment' section:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7627125.stm

I disagree, Blee,

yep, but that's how it works these days. I also found it weird that the BBC article about the crash is in the 'entertainment' section:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7627125.stm

As is Yahoo's. They're entertainers... That's where it's going to be...

It doesn't matter who you know and don't know. What matters is people are injured & dead.

Yeah, but thats how the media works. If they had the title on the site, "6 people in plane crash", no one will click on it. But mentioning Travis from blink 182, he is well known, so people will click on it. Yeah, its not fair.

'Sources tell us Travis Barker and DJ AM saved their own lives after their plane crashed by jumping out the door of the burning plane, almost immediately after the small jet came to a halt.'

TMZ has learned Travis Barker has been burned from the waist down, but he is expected to survive the plane crash. DJ AM's face was severely burned and is being tended to right now

We're also told the tragedy is all the worse because one of the passengers who died, Chris Baker, Travis' assistant on "Meet the Barkers," was married recently and has a new baby

so so sad about chris, his wife must be devastated.

good news about Travis though,

he also didnt want to go by air ambulance to the hospital, he wanted to go by normal ambulance to the hospital - 75 miles away

and they had to knock him out to get him on the helicopter because he didnt want to fly so bad. so it sounds like he's ok,

legend!

I disagree, Blee,

I agree. But they need readers, and titles like that are more likely to get them. And there's also a difference between an article at Yahoo.com vs someone not mentioning AM on a message board. I just didn't think it was fair to call someone out for not mentioning AM

you understand that this wouldn't even be on cnn or yahoo if it wasn't somebody like travis involved right? maybe in some small section on the site, but not anywhere where the headline would matter. a crash like this happened down the street from my house a few months ago and i dont even think it made the atlanta news.