The Wrestling Topic

caillou

9 hours ago, Mitch. said:

Fuck I would have LOVED to seen Banks go the whole way then.
Can't stand that Auska or however the fuck you spell it.  Haha.

How does one not like Asuka? I was thrilled with her winning/ For a second i honestly thought the bella twin was going to win it. 

• 4 weeks later...

I love the direction they took for the IC title Rollins VS Miz VS Balor...Hell yes! 

Also rumors of Brock no showing last night is an interesting twist. Not sure if its legit or if WWE is "leaking" that out for a storyline. It was weird cause Brock was advertised at the start of Raw. 

Forgot to mention to you guys i started doing commentary for a local company here in Iowa. Here's one of the first matches i did.  Rory Fox was from the MTV true Life show "I want to be a pro wrestler" that aired in the late 90s. Dude has been an indy mainstay here in Iowa for a number of year. I'm doing the Color commentary here while my buddy is doing play by play. Gotta say it was a rad experience always been a bucket list item to do commentary.

• Like 1

Went to the SD live house show in my town on Sunday night. Overall fun show i enjoy house shows WAY more than TV/PPV taping.  Mainly cause there's less down time and you can tell the crew are having fun. I'd say there were about 3,000-4,000 people there which isn't bad for our little town here. Venue has a max typicality of like 8,000 i believe for concerts. 

Results

The Uso's defeated gable/ Joordan and Rusev Day (Man those dudes are OVER!) to retain tag titles

Mojo Rawley defeated Tye Dillenger ( OK match nothing special Tye deserves better)

Bludgen Brothers defeated Breezango ( Meh) 

Jinder defeated Sin Cara

Naomi/ Becky Lynch def Carmella/ Lana and Sarah Logan/ Live Morgan (Decent little match honestly i'm tired of multi-women tag matches they do every week)

Bobby Roode VS Randy Orton for US Title went to No contest when Jinder attacked both guys (This match was a freaking SNOOZE fest. I hope they pull out something better at Fastlane but man it was boring and went on way to long)

Charlotte def Natalya and Rubie Riot to retain women's championship (This was a pretty good match to kick off the second half of the show)

Nakamura defeated Dolph for the millionth time (Fun match but why is Dolph even still in WWE at this point?)

AJ Styles def Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens and Baron Corbin to retain the WWE title (Fun match AJ hit the PERFECT styles clash on Sami, Corbon is boring as fuck in this one though)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a feeling the Rousey match is going to be a trainwreck lol but Im looking forward to the rest of the card.

Nxt was awesome. I had to miss ROH since their site wasnt working. Im glad since it ended up being over 4.5 hrs long. 

I wish I watched Joey Janelas Spring Break 2. Its one of those weird crazy shows but I might check it out next week. 

Sooo long. Rousey was awesome surprisingly. Pretty much everything was good on its own. Wow @ that main event. Brock with those 2 awesome reversals..the knee then the final F5. The stupid crowd didnt see it coming at all. Romans going to have a massive headache after those 3 or so elbows lol

I'm just so stoked RR didn't win.  When is Vince going to realise he's not over? Though I do think Lesnar does need to drop the strap if he's not going to be around.  

Rousey was surprisingly good.  

Thought Balor needed the win more than Seth though.  I was devo there was no demon as well!

Was stoked Auska lost.  Don't like her at all.  

Wishing the Styles match went longer too...

All in all.  A decent show.  

My Highlights

Cruiser weight Title match

IC Title

Mixed Tag

Bryan Return

SD Women's title

Meh Moments

AJ/ Nakamura (Surprisingly just not that good) 

Cena VS  Taker

Nia vs Alexa

Brock vs Roman

Bad moments

Raw and SD Tag titles

Battle Royals

US Title

Still overall enjoyed the show but that last hour and a half was just meh. 

• Like 1