Fav Hoppus Bass?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Fav Hoppus Bass?

• Music Man
    • Plad
    • Pink Signature
    • Stingray(I Miss You Live)

Guest GrandpaReefer
You only like the hoppus bass because it is Marks.

The hoppus bass sucks. It doesn't even have a tone knob!

SHUT UP. You're a fucking moron. Who cares if there's no tone knob. Mark may be a crappy bassist' date=' but he's got amazing tone.[/quote']

which has almost nothing to do with his bass at all

it has to deal mostly with all his heads and cabinets and processors that he uses

jackass

you suck, you dont even have a tone knob

it depends on the type of music you play and how experienced you are at music, the more knobs a guitar has doesnt mean its better

i have the daphne blue one.

you CANNOT purchase the HOT pink bass. and the SHELL pink bass is discontinued meaning they dont sell that one anymore, but they did once upon a time.

you can only get DAPHNE blue, SURF green, black (which ive never even seen him use), or his OLYMPIC white one he used alot on the previous tour.

personally i love the bass. even if mark didnt use it or whatever. it has a great selection of colours, it has just one volume knob, and its just a great compression of two different styles of bass'

and too the guy that said it sucks cause it doesnt have a tone knob. well i have news for you.... mark had the tone PRE-SET when the bass was made. when he was using precission bass', his tone knob was always on full, so they just pre-set the tone on his sig bass to full. PLUS, there are things called EQ's on amps if you dont completely like the sound your getting from the bass.

• 3 weeks later...

your giving him advice?

because bloc party use them.

way to contradict yourself. just pointing that out.

and too the guy that said it sucks cause it doesnt have a tone knob. well i have news for you.... mark had the tone PRE-SET when the bass was made. when he was using precission bass'' date=' his tone knob was always on full, so they just pre-set the tone on his sig bass to full. PLUS, there are things called EQ's on amps if you dont completely like the sound your getting from the bass.[/quote']

props to bassfreak.

EDIT: not trying to start shit, just pointing out that you said he only liked it because mark uses one, however in another thread you said you liked telecasters because they were used in bloc party.

and too the guy that said it sucks cause it doesnt have a tone knob. well i have news for you.... mark had the tone PRE-SET when the bass was made. when he was using precission bass'' date=' his tone knob was always on full, so they just pre-set the tone on his sig bass to full. PLUS, there are things called EQ's on amps if you dont completely like the sound your getting from the bass.[/quote']

props to bassfreak.

EDIT: not trying to start shit, just pointing out that you said he only liked it because mark uses one, however in another thread you said you liked telecasters because they were used in bloc party.

if your talking to me about the bloc party telecaster. it wasnt me who said that, because i dont even listen or like them for that matter. never even heard them, so you go the guy dude lol

props to bassfreak.

if your talking to me about the bloc party telecaster. it wasnt me who said that, because i dont even listen or like them for that matter. never even heard them, so you go the guy dude lol

no, not at all, in fact i gave you 'props' for owning the guy with your post. (i assume to give someone 'props' is a good thing? i am a stupid australian, so i wouldnt be suprised if i got it wrong :P )

I was pointing out that royalgfx was contradicting himself by saying 'you only like it because mark plays it' however, he said he was interested in a telecaster 'because bloc party use them', which is the same thing.

your giving him advice?

because bloc party use them.

way to contradict yourself. just pointing that out.

props to bassfreak.

Brilliant post, especially Some guy that knows more than you

if you want the pink one,you have to have it custom made...but thats dumb anyway if your in a band no-one is want to see another mark hoppus,by having that guitar people will jsut make the assumption that you want to be him and associate you with him.

props to bassfreak.

no, not at all, in fact i gave you 'props' for owning the guy with your post. (i assume to give someone 'props' is a good thing? i am a stupid australian, so i wouldnt be suprised if i got it wrong :P )

I was pointing out that royalgfx was contradicting himself by saying 'you only like it because mark plays it' however, he said he was interested in a telecaster 'because bloc party use them', which is the same thing.

oh okay. no 'props' is good. thanks by the way.

just in the post it made it seem like you were saying it to me, thats all.

anyways, now that i owned him, and myself owning the bass, its great. but i definitely didnt just buy it because mark uses it. its the best colour and pickups in a bass i have seen, great combination.

Guest GrandpaReefer

i dig the sound but not the price of it

i could easily get the same sound outta the Fender MIM Pbass by throwing Quarter Pounds in it and save over 100 bucks

basically thats all it is, the only thing jazz on that bass is the body, the neck is Precision, such a fat neck.

Id save 100 and just buy a Jazz Bass MIM or like i said with the P-Bass

but oh well, your money is your money