What's your rig? - Master Thread

david to the fifth power

• 2 weeks later...

I've used a Mesa Cab Clone a lot, it does the same thing basically, it allows you to bypass the need for speakers or a cab. Yeah it alters the signal and tone, it takes out some of the low end, but it certainly shouldn't make for such a scratchy awful tone like what Tom has. The difference is only really noticeable if you isolate two tracks together and do a direct comparison of through a speaker versus not through a speaker. I think it's the effects he uses but especially his overdrive pedal that really fucks the tone up.

Well my Jazzmaster has started to go green cause I left it out in the sun. I dig it.

photo-32.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Tom delonge in black/white/surf green!

surf green with invader, black with sh-4 (jeff beck) and the white one with sh-6 (distortion)

• Epiphone tom delonge
  • Epiphone - ES 339, pelham blue and customized by myself
  • Peavey Valve King, shematic customized by myself (new EQ, 3 channels, more deep end, less gain, reverb switchable, effect switchable) also kicked out the grill and logo and replaced it a batman logo and white cover
  • Marshall 1960 Cab

im thinking about gettin a hughes&kettner tubemeister 36, but they r damn xpensive .. 750 bucks

maybe ill buy a bugera T50 instead ... its 390,-

gitarren.JPG

amp.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

haven't posted in here in a while!

my current amp is a kemper profiling amp. it's incredible. so clean and literally whatever tone/amp i want, i have. and i use an Orange cab

2bRYyQT.jpg

ESP LTD EC-1000t. this is my studio guitar. it's basically the les paul custom equivalent for ESP. used it as my live guitar up until i got the tele

VPLhmve.jpg

Fender Tele Deluxe. my new live guitar. it's so much lighter than the esp, a lot easier to whip around for shows

thIkti4.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Amp: VOX VT100 (wide ranch of sounds...just use 2 presets on it

Guitars:

- Epiphone the Dot (hollowbody Red)

- Squier Jazzmaster J Mascis signature

- london city Telecaster (up there with the fenders)

Pedals: Verbzilla, Various pedals with Shimmers and flange-verbs, MXR distortion+, flanger, Boss Delay, Freeze sustain pedal.

work.jpg

DSC00482__92002.1453421553.1280.1280.JPG

89ee158c-97a8-42c8-b070-baaf9178f414.JPGelectro-harmonix-freeze-sound-retainer-c

not trying to throw my band in this thread....but i sounded like this for3 years i think. (i'm back to my punkrock roots now and my sound is very different from this single)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jordidanen95 said:

not trying to throw my band in this thread....but i sounded like this for3 years i think. (i'm back to my punkrock roots now and my sound is very different from this single)

Dude, your band is really good, really liked to listen to your performance! Keep up with it and forget the punk rock thing, no one listens to that anymore, sadly! You'll do better with your current songs. Around 2:35 this song is a banger!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, theHELL182 said:

Dude, your band is really good, really liked to listen to your performance! Keep up with it and forget the punk rock thing, no one listens to that anymore, sadly! You'll do better with your current songs. Around 2:35 this song is a banger!

thats so cool, thank you man!

• 2 months later...

Guitars: Partscaster Tele I built a few years ago, Epiphone 335 (formerly a Dot Studio and now totally customized with a Dimarzio SD, push pull pot, New electronics, Refinished headstock, scratch plate, polished body), and a partscaster Strat 

Amps: My main amp is a modded Fender Blues Jr. with a Weber Speaker and a bunch of BillM mods. Kinda sounds somewhere between a Twin and a Vox AC15. I've also got an old Orange Crush 30 that I run in stereo with the Blues Jr. but I'll soon replace it with an AC15.

Pedals: Homemade killswitch->Mooer Yellow Comp->EHX Soul Food->Visual Sound Oil Can Phaser->Visual Sound H2O Echo and Chorus->Ditto Looper->Behringer Reverb (that I never use)

Pics:

IMG_1718.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Here's my set up
Guitars:

-Epiphone Dot Studio

-Epiphone ES 339 P90 Pro

I also have a squier thinline telecaster which is absolutely gorgious but i only really play at home to record..

Amp:

Orange TH30C

Such a great amp, I could'nt be happier and can't imagine ever buying something else again :) The distortion ist just heaven

However i'm absolutely obsessing over the new gibson memphis 339 in satin black, which got to be the most beautiful guitar i have ever seen. Just can't afford it any time soon, but maybe some day :)

InstagramCapture_e5f5b1e7-bf2c-42ff-8371-05c0910e4bb6.jpg

es339.jpg

WP_20141116_002.jpg