What's your rig? - Master Thread

david to the fifth power

7 hours ago, daveyjones said:

really? i praise clarity up and down on these boards. my top record of '99. that is actually cut from a clarity promo cover art sticker. got it at a record store in february that year.

Oh yeah I think we've discussed Clarity before, sorry I completely spaced haha 

• 4 months later...
20 minutes ago, Backpfeifengesicht said:

I have them on my Tele and love them but the strat was handed down to me and needs some work. This is the first step.

i have these on my yamaha super strat:

https://www.amazon.com/Sperzel-Line-Locking-Tuners-Black/dp/B000Z4M9NC/

and these on my washburn LP:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0789YLB1D/

everyone talks up sperzels, and they are good. but i think after having them on for a while, gotoh is a superior product.

1 minute ago, daveyjones said:

everyone talks up sperzels, and they are good. but i think after having them on for a while, gotoh is a superior product.

Can’t comment on the quality of Gotoh but I had a Spurzel lock up on me when a string broke and the pin wouldn’t release. I called the company at like 8pm and Bob Spurzel picked up, apparently he was working late in the shop, and he sent me a replacement tuner free of charge. That experience sold me on his company to the point I’ll evangelize for them any chance I get. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2021 at 5:01 PM, Trainwreck said:

Can’t comment on the quality of Gotoh but I had a Spurzel lock up on me when a string broke and the pin wouldn’t release. I called the company at like 8pm and Bob Spurzel picked up, apparently he was working late in the shop, and he sent me a replacement tuner free of charge. That experience sold me on his company to the point I’ll evangelize for them any chance I get. 

Can confirm.

They were awesome to deal with when I purchased Sperzel tuners for my surf green build.

They seem like a small shop too, but yes they are awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, gear guys, should the bridge on my strat be flush with the body or is it okay to leave it floating a bit? I took off the whammy and it's just a matter of tightening springs. The problem is, if I tighten them to get the bridge flush then the low e buzzes ... I do kind of like the bridge raised a bit because I can manually push on in to mess with the sound, so it's cool for the effect but I don't know if I'm damaging the guitar by leaving it like this.

23 hours ago, Slevin Seconds said:

Hey, gear guys, should the bridge on my strat be flush with the body or is it okay to leave it floating a bit? I took off the whammy and it's just a matter of tightening springs. The problem is, if I tighten them to get the bridge flush then the low e buzzes ... I do kind of like the bridge raised a bit because I can manually push on in to mess with the sound, so it's cool for the effect but I don't know if I'm damaging the guitar by leaving it like this.

The bridge is supposed to float a bit on a strat so you can use the tremolo, so it's totally fine to leave it that way if you like it.

I've decked the bridges on both of my strats because I don't use trem at all and I found I'd always throw the tuning off when palm muting.

• Like 1