What's your rig? - Master Thread

david to the fifth power

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got my dark blue hss strat fixed up. It has a white single humbucker perloid pickguard with a seymour duncan JB pickup at the bridge. So it looks like the Tom delonge strat, except it has a JB pickup instead of an Invader, the single volume knob is push/pull (for coil tap), and it has a maple fretboard (I know tom had a few signature strats with maple fretboards).

I also just got a Peavey Classic 30 amp.

No one probably cares so i didnt upload any pics haha

Just got my dark blue hss strat fixed up. It has a white single humbucker perloid pickguard with a seymour duncan JB pickup at the bridge. So it looks like the Tom delonge strat, except it has a JB pickup instead of an Invader, the single volume knob is push/pull (for coil tap), and it has a maple fretboard (I know tom had a few signature strats with maple fretboards).

I just got a peavey classic 30 head myself, running it through a mesa cab

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a peavey classic 30 head myself, running it through a mesa cab

nice man mine's the combo. you do like yours?

• 2 weeks later...

I am saving up for some new pedals. I wanna get a EH MicroPog, a Fender Blender, a Tuning Pedal and right now I am in the shop for a new distortion pedal, I have my eye on a few different ones. I also have a first act acoustic guitar that I trashpicked and an Epiphone LP Special II from years ago. I will post pics soon.

You know that the Fender Blender is an octave/fuzz, right?  The MicroPOG (awesome though it is) is kind of redundant.  My recommendation for distortion: Little Big Muff.

I am saving up for some new pedals. I wanna get a EH MicroPog, a Fender Blender, a Tuning Pedal and right now I am in the shop for a new distortion pedal, I have my eye on a few different ones. I also have a first act acoustic guitar that I trashpicked and an Epiphone LP Special II from years ago. I will post pics soon.

You know that the Fender Blender is an octave/fuzz, right?  The MicroPOG (awesome though it is) is kind of redundant.  My recommendation for distortion: Little Big Muff.

As much as I appreciate your attempt at helping me, I look into gear quite a bit before I buy it. The Fender Blender isn't really a bad pedal, but I have decided to go against it. Also, I like the micropog. And as for distortion, I have my eye on a few different ones, for different purposes, the Little Big Muff doesn't quite do it for me. I really don't need general gear recommendations.

As much as I appreciate your attempt at helping me, I look into gear quite a bit before I buy it. The Fender Blender isn't really a bad pedal, but I have decided to go against it. Also, I like the micropog. And as for distortion, I have my eye on a few different ones, for different purposes, the Little Big Muff doesn't quite do it for me. I really don't need general gear recommendations.

The Blender is an interesting beast alright. I owned one for a little bit, and while it did do some cool stuff, it's just really a one trick pony. It depends on what you want really. If you love Billy Corgan and Kevin Shields, than yeah man, you'll probably love it. It's noisy and dissonant. But if you want the Hendrix Octavia thing, then it's definitely not your bag.

If you're looking Muff style but improved look at the stuff Earthquaker Devices is putting out; specifically the hoof.

If you just want a straight ahead do anything distortion, look no further than a ProCo Rat. Those things are stupidly fucking versatile. It can do light OD, Crunchy Distortion, and Fuzz with the turn of a single knob.

• 4 months later...

I'll post pics tomorrow.

Guitars:

Gibson LP Double Cut

Custom made Strat

ESP EC-1000 ( altough im selling it )

Alvarez AF60CK Acoustic

Amp:

Line 6 spider 30,

and im getting a new amp soon, either a Vox ac-30 or maybe an orange ..not sure yet.

Pedals:

Boss tu-2

Ds1

DD6

noise gate.

• 2 weeks later...