Joaquin Phoenix on Letterman

daveo

Letterman isnt that funny most of the time, but he was in that video.

"Joaquin im sorry you couldnt be here tonight.."  :lol:

But I do think it is a mix of drugs and publicity stunt. because I dont think he would have laughed at that joke if he was really that serious about what he is doing. Especially how he reacted to the guy interviewing him in the other video.

reasons why i think it's a joke:

1. joaquin phoenix is an ACTOR. and a good one. plus it's no secret that casey affleck is running around with him filming a documentary. i think they're up to something.

2. dave's funny, but let's be real... there's no way he came with all of those jokes on the fly.

3. on those late night shows, they discuss what they're going to talk about beforehand. you really think they decided they were going to talk about... nothing? let alone the stuff about the movie. no WAY did he not know there was going to be a clip, let alone who was in it. joaquin's known to not be a big promoter of his movies, so i think this is just his way.

4. he did laugh a couple times, so he was aware of what was going on. plus, i noticed that during the gum part, that was one of the only times throughout the interview he was chewing the gum vigorously. i think it was TOTALLY staged.

Letterman is hilarious, so hilarious that joaquin broke character on accident quite a few times by laughing (especially at the end when he tries to save it by sarcasticallly saying 'he's a funny guy')

It's a joke. And Joaquin is awesome. No Andy Kaufman, but he is awesome.

Letterman isnt that funny most of the time, but he was in that video.

"Joaquin im sorry you couldnt be here tonight.."  :lol:

But I do think it is a mix of drugs and publicity stunt. because I dont think he would have laughed at that joke if he was really that serious about what he is doing. Especially how he reacted to the guy interviewing him in the other video.

I don't find Letterman funny at all.

• 1 year later...

Letterman is hilarious, so hilarious that joaquin broke character on accident quite a few times by laughing (especially at the end when he tries to save it by sarcasticallly saying 'he's a funny guy')

It's a joke. And Joaquin is awesome. No Andy Kaufman, but he is awesome.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebritynews/news/casey-affleck-joaquin-phoenix-act-was-a-hoax-2010179