The Official Gaslight Anthem thread

Meltdown Tracker

his voice is better than brandon flowers.

wanna know what i think of flowers.  flowers is like a weed and fallon is like a rose.  straight up.

Thats pretty strong words haha.

In all seriousness, when you look at it, the frontman can carry a band or break it, and when you look at the success of the killers vs gaslight, killers win by a landside.

But then again, it's all about opinion.

his voice is better than brandon flowers.

wanna know what i think of flowers.  flowers is like a weed and fallon is like a rose.  straight up.

Thats pretty strong words haha.

In all seriousness, when you look at it, the frontman can carry a band or break it, and when you look at the success of the killers vs gaslight, killers win by a landside.

But then again, it's all about opinion.

Very true, but the Gaslight only has put out 2 albums.  One of them being a very raw punk sound, so of course they are under the radar.

I think Fallon's lyrics and guitar riffs surpass Flowers by miles.  I enjoy his voice more too, but thats far too subjective to argue over.

I actually found out about this band 2 or 3 weeks back. I like the killers and can see the similarities but The Gaslight Anthem win big time for me. I have not stopped listening to them since i found out about them and hope i can catch them at a show soon, sucks i don't have a Tin the Park ticket as i would go just to see them  :-(

His solo stuff is the shit too,

http://www.myspace.com/brianfallonmusic

Also just saw this on his myspace:

l_24e8c2a0469c41129b4cdcedc308003d.jpg

Chuck Ragan and Brian Fallon...............*creams*

Yeah, his solo stuff is awesome.  My favourite song of his has to be Red At Night (a Gaslight Anthem song, but only featuring Brian Fallon).

I heard he's going to put out a full solo album after the next Gaslight album drops.

My favorite is probably Tin Can Alley, but here's to looking at you kid is a good song too (another gaslight anthem song, but he does an acoustic version that's bad ass)

Fuck yeah!  Here's Looking At You Kid is by far my favourite gaslight song, and that acoustic version is so so good.

Guest THillingworth

My favorite is probably Tin Can Alley, but here's to looking at you kid is a good song too (another gaslight anthem song, but he does an acoustic version that's bad ass)

Fuck yeah!  Here's Looking At You Kid is by far my favourite gaslight song, and that acoustic version is so so good.

Yeah here's looking at you kid is my fave aswell

I seriously cannot wait for their next album, the 59 sound blew me away

was so glad i got into them before i went to leeds last year.. easily the best band of the whole weekend.

i much prefer sink or swim to the 59 sound but they are both amazing.

ive also being told by a few of my friends that they sound like the killers. i proceeded to slap them haha

• 1 month later...

I'm so fucking excited for:

Gaslight Anthem's new album

Brian Fallon's solo album

Gaslight Anthem's tour and seeing them in September for the third time :)

Fuck I love his acoustic takes on songs.  Check out these 2 acoustic versions of Old White Lincoln:

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4Pd6pb_pb0

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2b9cYoAxJk

I really need to launch my fansite soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Haha I have to bump this thread because I finally downloaded the Señor and the Queen EP.  Couldn't find it anywhere so I happily purchased it on iTunes  :-)

Any fans of the song 'Here's Looking At You, Kid' will probably appreciate 'Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts':

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cunR6Jz0ARQ