New Tom Interview. pretty interesting.....

Mr Hoppus

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's after this tour? Are you going to do an album or are you right back to Angels?

Well, that's the big debate—how do we fit it all in, how's the tour going to go and how are we going to get along. Right now, everything's amazing. None of us expect that anything is going to go past this.

What does that mean?

Totally made it seem like it was a one tour thing but maybe that's just me.

If you look at it in context of everything else he said it's obvious that's not what he meant.

Agreed.

"Blink's going to release a song, we started working on some great music. It comes so natural to Blink. The new song is so good. It sounds like us, but it's got an element of Rush in it. I think people are going to love it. It's like Rush, Floyd and Blink all in the same song. It'll make people excited for what comes next. We've just got to figure out the schedule, I guess."

i hate when people take littel parts of interviews and turn that into something more then it is..He even fucking said they've started on other songs..I think when tours done their scheduel will be pretty similar to it is now like 2 days with blink and the rest to do their other shit..Let Tom release his gay movie and next record then say ok fuck this im off to blink..I honestly find it impossible for AVA to do more the a one month tour if any..Expecially if blink is getting offers to play festivals and shit but alot of that depends on travis cause hes said more then one time that he won't ever fly again....People just tend to take EVERYTHING tom says out of context. They've all said their gunna go back and work on the record after tour and i'm sure mark and trav will have studios on tour as well so im sure they could get a good part of it written while on tour.

On a more of a positive note, I liked this bit:

Well you captured a time for a lot of fans, so that makes a lot of sense. You were their Beatles.

Maybe we were like the semi-retarded Beatles to them [Laughs]. I'm going to repeat one of the coolest quotes I've ever heard. Pete Townshend came to San Diego speaking and doing a solo thing in front of a large audience. I had the story relayed back to me that Pete was telling the audience that his kid asked him how to play a Blink song. Some of the older people in the audience were chuckling and he was like, "No, you don't understand. To my kid, Blink is The Who." That, to me, was such a validation obviously. That's beyond. I don't really believe anybody would want to repeat that except those kids, but it makes sense. The kids that grew up with our band weren't going to grow up listening to The Who, The Beatles or Led Zeppelin. They needed their own band to relate to. It's like that with every generation. We were a modern rock band—just like The Who was for their time. I think it's really important for critics not to give new bands shit because there might be an old band that did it better. That's not the point. Every generation needs their own band to do what it is they do for them.

I really think its goin to be crazy hard for Tom to balance AVA and Blink. It really scares me to be honest. I don't want him to get "burned out" and watch blink go to the shit again. I doubt it will happen, but whenever i see him so enthusiastic about AvA, i get scared lol.

what im hoping for is that around the AvA album release, Tom to announces that the next AvA album will be their last album for a while and will be released with the movie for free. He does some promo for it while being in the studio with Blink (following roughly the same schedule they have been following).  Then Tom focuses everything on Blink until the album and album tour is finished. Then when they are taking a break from Blink, he goes back to AvA to do some touring or whatever

I really think its goin to be crazy hard for Tom to balance AVA and Blink. It really scares me to be honest. I don't want him to get "burned out" and watch blink go to the shit again. I doubt it will happen, but whenever i see him so enthusiastic about AvA, i get scared lol.

what im hoping for is that around the AvA album release, Tom to announces that the next AvA album will be their last album for a while and will be released with the movie for free. He does some promo for it while being in the studio with Blink (following roughly the same schedule they have been following).  Then Tom focuses everything on Blink until the album and album tour is finished. Then when they are taking a break from Blink, he goes back to AvA to do some touring or whatever

Honestly i think thats what hes planning on...he knows ava will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER in a million years be as big as Blink their going to be doing fucking small club tours the rest of the time they are around unless its opening for another band...I think he knows now how MASSIVE Blink is and how much it means to people expecially like people my age.

Honestly i think thats what hes planning on...he knows ava will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER in a million years be as big as Blink their going to be doing fucking small club tours the rest of the time they are around unless its opening for another band...I think he knows now how MASSIVE Blink is and how much it means to people expecially like people my age.

yeah but a part of me also thinks that Tom needs AvA to use the parts of his creativity he can't use in Blink-182. As he said in the interview "Blink works in a very specific way"

Umm if u guys go look at their last tours theyve played these same venues...theyve also said they love playing outside. So their always going to be playing in front of 30,000 people..As far as casual fans go they can fuck off. Us hardcore fanboys/fangirls are still gunna go and blow our load all over tom,mark and travs face...i know i will and it will be loads hahahahaha.

fuck yeah, very excited to read the rush/pink floyd bit. blink and floyd are two of my favourite bands, if they could capture the epic detail and have a few vast intricate longer songs i would die a very very happy man