New Tom Interview. pretty interesting.....

Mr Hoppus

yea i mean ava will never play a show anywhere near as big as 1 of the blink shows, minus when they opened for weezer

You will probably be offended, but after this MASSIVE tour, Blink will find it hard to achieve that size of tour again.

A lot of people will be going to these shows because of nostalgia, the reunion hype and to hear the hits again.

The album tour will obviously sell big, but the casual fans will probably not be at those shows, especially if they are just a year later..

Will the Blink guys wanna go on a smaller/less-hyped tour so soon after this epic tour?

Um well, look at the last shows before the break up. They were HUGE shows too as far as I know (Wembley etc.). So how could a band like blink step down on popularity as much as you're suggesting they will?

I think they'll simply

1. Tour the U.S.

2. Make and release a new album

3. Tour the U.K.

4. Tour the U.S. (again)

5. ????

6. Profit!!!

No way if they're gonna have smaller groups of audience just because the current U.S. tour is being so hyped.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have to figure out how to tour the uk first..I honestly see them making more records after the next one.Mark said it himself he hates it when bands come and go all the time. If they did that then all the fans would be like oh its about the money it doesnt mean shit..I think this will last and ava will eventually just be a studio band and do one month tours while mark is producing records to give them their seperate times. They all pretty much work mon-fri now the way it sounds which is good for them and their families.

Didn't he say something like his ava project was the biggest and best thing he's ever done?

The thing about tom is he ALWAYS says that i mean ALWAYS..He even admitted it one night on modcam saying he needs to stop saying it because he always does lol...I never take anything Tom says about his music or modlife too seriously.

Awesome interview...

You guys can't expect Tom just to drop AVA like it never existed. I mean, cmon, he invested years of his life and money into this stuff. If he just quit AVA, modlife would tank, and it would be like he was living a lie for the last 4 years.

My prediction:

1. blink tour

2. write songs on the road

3. come home and release AVA movie/album

4. keep working on new blink album at this time

5. see how successful the AVA stuff is and tour it accordingly (probably will be a small tour, if anything)

6. finish and release blink album

7. ava essentially dies because it is now pointless

8. blink tours and keeps writing

9. sprinkle another AVA album as kind of a side project somewhere down the line to fulfill his creative vibes.

If Tom releases AVA for free, he HAS TO STAY IN BLINK or he has no way to finance any future endeavors. The AVA album would never be releases for free if blink wasn't back.

realistically, if he releases it free it'll be as a digital download for modlife subscribers. a few months/weeks later it'll hit itunes and the stores. and this one will probably be more successful than iempire because it'll have the blink hype working for it.

That could backfire though. A lot of blink fans were only into AVA because blink didn't exist. With blink back it will be much easier to shun AVA.

realistically, if he releases it free it'll be as a digital download for modlife subscribers. a few months/weeks later it'll hit itunes and the stores. and this one will probably be more successful than iempire because it'll have the blink hype working for it.

That could backfire though. A lot of blink fans were only into AVA because blink didn't exist. With blink back it will be much easier to shun AVA.

Personally, I'm down for both blink and AVA. If he does release that shit free, he can get money elsewhere, i.e. modlife, touring, merchandise sales, and Macbeth. Besides, AVA has gotten better. WDNTW was OK, iEmpire was legit, I liked most of their songs. I'm sure the next album will be just as good

I'm totally down for both as long as blink is the main focus.

Agreed. As long as blink is the main focus, I think it's cool of Tom to continue with AVA. If he abandoned AVA, he'd be doing just what he did with blink back in 2005. He's trying to be loyal to both of his fan bases now which is the right thing to do as long as he can find a nice balance between the two.

some statements make me think that they really dont know what they'll do after the tour.

for example tom said that coming to australia might be a problem because of travis (flying).

i think all they think about is the tour.

so there's the possibility that everything falls apart after the tour when they dont feel comfortable.

of course i dont think taht it will happen but for now everything seems kinda uncertain.

I think this is going to happen:

1. US-tour and bringing out new single

2. working on album on the road

3. after the tour ----> finishing new album AND the AVA movie, maybe tom finishing some Ava-songs (while Mark produces some other stuff as he always does, Travis doing hip-hop remixes and djAM stuff...as he always does ;P )

4. world tour with blink for like 5 months starting early next year

5. everyone is gettin back to "side projects" ---> AVA (new album like November 2010), maybe Plus 44 or even more producing for Mark...same with Travis!

Thats the best compromise I guess for everyone. Seems like a lot of stuff comin up, but Mark and Travis are kinda used to be busy and Tom will be pushing AVA somehow while doing Blink! But with a new album they will have to come to europe, not only UK, some japan and australia and dont forget, Mark promised brasil to come there.