New Tom Interview. pretty interesting.....

Mr Hoppus

That's so true about war between +44 and AvA fans. I remember going onto their videos on youtube and not being able to find a single vid without people fighting.

And that's also so true about having a favorite since it's not really centered on one person.

Travis started as my favorite, but then it kind of became Tom, and post-break-up it was Mark. When they got back together, it kind of became neutral again, but I've found myself liking Tom more and mroe with each interview. We were all soooo worried he wouldn't be the same, but he really hasn't changed and he's funnier and more lively than before. Mark has tuned it down a bit though.

Also, that's so cool about Pete's son wanting to learn a Blink song.

But goddamn, I really want AvA to come to an end. I listened to them when there was no Blink, but it's time for them to go now. I just don't think he can juggle the two bands without it interfering with Blink.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I figure:

July-September : blink tour/writing songs

October-December : AVA release and promote album, blink still writing songs

2010 : Either AVA will tour for a few months and then blink will record for a few months, or vice versa.  I'm think they record blink and then Tom tours with AVA during the downtime between the record being finished and when they start promoting it (probably summer because blink = summer).

Summer 2010 : blink album release and tour

Yeah he said they were coming out together and the album is the soundtrack to the new movie (which doesn't seem realistic because the album isn't written yet). But that's tom for ya. They have to come out though...way too much money has been spent on the stuff to just leave it unfinished.

why does Tom think all the music he makes now sounds like Pink floyd and Rush? pretty sure the last blink record didn't sound like either of those bands.

The AVA albums sounded nothing like Pink Floyd either and he constantly said that.

No matter which way you look at it, the AvA album will come out when blinks supposed to be writing and releasing. Which means touring will come near the same time. Think about it...

July-October - Blink tour...writing blink whatever

November-early December - Writing with AvA...yet writing still with blink

Christmas - AvA movie and album drop, yet blink is producing and mixing probably.

Early 2010 - Blink Album drop

Alright, after who is touring, the both of them at the same time? One after the other...That's fine, but Tom has kids now, one of them has to go...It can't happen like this! I don't know!

i think more of the ava album is finished then we realize. sure, they put it on hold when blink announced things and they were working on the album, but ever since the tour stuff started coming out, the only dedications tom has had to have to blink has been practice twice a week and interviews. the rest of the week he's probably in the studio with AvA finishing up the album. i'm sure he doesn't have much to do with the actual making of the movie, probably just making sure he likes how it turns out since its his reputation on the line.

• 9 years later...