The Official DEXTER topic

kevin-182

As far as Im concerned it was the worst way to end the season.  Im not interested in continuing the show from here on out, the show has jumped the shark.  This was a shocker move and nothing more.  They ruined all the setup they spent the entire season building, and its all for nothing. The family aspect is way more interesting than dexter on the run, the whole god damn thing is about him trying to keep these masks he wears in order but the show can only lose that from here on out.  He's been outed and he's on the run, if they manage to sweep rita's death under the carpet then they'd be even further showing how they've run out of ideas.  The essence that was the show held strong to the first 2 books (the third was a disappointing end as well).  Good while it lasted!!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The parallel that they created with Dexter and his son was done very well, though.  It will definitely be interesting to see how season 5 plays out, and the show has been golden up until this point so why would you think that they would shit the bed now?  I've got high hopes for this show.

Also, did anyone else find it weird that the same actor that played Paul (Rita's ex husband) also plays Jacob on LOST?  I couldn't picture him as a drug abuser the whole time :D

• 2 months later...

That trailer confirms that the dexter we once knew, is no more.  The show jumped the shark and now the show has very little to do with what dexter was really about (books).  I could see that coming from the second I first saw the finale of last season.

That trailer confirms that the dexter we once knew, is no more.  The show jumped the shark and now the show has very little to do with what dexter was really about (books).  I could see that coming from the second I first saw the finale of last season.

dexter in the books had fkn demons controlling peoples minds.... and the kids where as psycho as him

i read the books before the show and its very rare where i can say the books are SO much worse than the show

i watched the interview after the episode due to still being in shock as to what i just witnessed and john lithgow said something like "i'd hate to be a writer for the  new season."  i couldn't agree more however they can really go anywhere now....have quinn become the new doakes, deb could turn into a commissioner gordon type person and have dex be her batman...looooong shot i know. All i'm saying is the next season is gonna be nuts if done correctly, and looking at this series track recorded it will not disappoint.

all i know is that is that the ending did not sit right with me at all....i'm still thinking about it.....

not gonna gloat but.....called it

i guess....but he never got to that point of obsession that doakes had in the last season. they coulda went in a different direction with quinn but from the looks of it they aren't.  I think  he might even get crazier then doakes.  but i did call that trinity's daughter shot deb and lundy. however my reasoning for her doing so was way off.

• 1 month later...