The Official Football Topic

Cuth

“It was one of my favourite clubs, Manchester,†Ronaldo said. “Everyone knows that every time when I speak about Real Madrid I should speak about Manchester United, I loved it there.

“I was 18 years old (when I signed), I win everything there, the people treat me like a God there so I appreciate that and the future, nobody knows.

“I remember when we played there against Manchester in the Champions League, -- they kill me, my heart was so happy.

“I had fantastic moments and I appreciate this club. For me, it’s one of the best clubs in the world and I have passion for this club.

“Some players I am still in contact with because when I was there, I created a good relationship with everybody, not just the players, but all the staff around.

“It was like my second family there, so I’ll not forget that the people treat me good.

“I love Manchester, and to be back, I never know, you never know. Football you never know.

“Of course, I’m happy at Real Madrid, it’s my home, it’s my club, but Manchester treated me unbelievable so we never know.â€

And with United impressing in their tour games under Van Gaal, Ronaldo believes his former club have secured the best possible manager in the Dutchman.

“It will be a better season for sure,†Ronaldo said. “My feeling is he is a fantastic coach, he showed them all the time for Holland, the team play unbelievable, good football and I hope that Manchester come back like the people know.

“A strong United, playing nice football, with a lot of goals.

“I think Van Gaal is going to do a fantastic job, he’s experienced manager and I think he’s going to do well for Manchester.â€

Ronnie come home pal, please. Forget this Madrid bollocks. We love you here more than they ever will. I'd take him when he's 35 and only scoring 10 goals a season. Just come home.

110,000 watching United vs Madrid.

Stadium is mostly red. We are the biggest club on the planet by a mile.

BuD66W5IMAAWS8I.jpg

United 3 Madrid 1

Only a friendly I know but superb to spank those cunts with that massive crowd watching. Playing some great stuff under LvG.

Maria have photoshopped that pic white lmfao. Unbelievable. It was red. Bow down to United cunts.

Best football we've played in years - the speed and tika-taka style has been missing since the Ronaldo-Rooney-Tevez days. Van Gaal has done wonders for this team, only friendlies and still mistakes here and there but all the signs are very positive.

Beautiful first goal from Young.

I´m curious if United is really that good already (when the Premier League starts). LvG almost always needs around 6 months before his magic starts to work (e.g. with Bayern Munich). He has done wonders for that Club devoloping guys like Müller, Badstuber and buying Robben. Such a great coach and pick up for United.

I think it will take 2 full seasons for him to fully control the side in every aspect, but it's surprising what he has done already in such a short amount of time. 

Absolutely, 2 years sound realistic. Do you know how long LvG is under contract?

At 33 he'll still be a very very good player - he rarely gets lengthy injuries and the way he takes of himself (and many other players do these days) he could easily play at top level until 36/37. 

I agree though that he won't be back at United any time soon- only Fergie could have pulled it off.

Liverpool/United preseason final, going to be an interesting game for sure.

I'm stoked for this upcoming season. Everyone looks like they are stepping up judging from these friendlys; I just hope Sturridge can step up.

Raheem looks like he's going to be our Suarez-esque talisman this season.

Hiim, Lazar Marković, and Lorven excite me the most about the new prospects; Henderson looks set to be an engine again.

We look like we're about to sign Moreno for left back which is awesome because I feel like we haven't had decent competition for that spot since Arebloa and Aurelio.

Adri how do you rate Manquillo? Apparently he's completing a medical right now.

Who's your team mate?

That´s a bit difficult: ;)

I´m from Austria and football here is below average to be honest. Red Bull is pumping a shit load of money into one club and this club is going to be champoin for years to come...besides that the overall quality and average viewing figueres are shit.

You guys will hate me for this but internationally I support Chelsea. Always have, always will.

Btw.: Really sucks that Lampard is playing for City the next few months.

But I have to recognize that United has done an awesome job under Ferguson for twenty-something years. I love it when a coach has the time to form a squad for numerous years and is given time to develop something!

• Like 2