The Official Football Topic

Cuth

I thought Fellaini was awful again today, great goal - but gave the ball away constantly (as he always seems to do).

Herrera is a fucking beast in midfield, him, Rooney and De Gea should be the first 3 on the teamsheet. Smalling was excellent, as was Young.

Great result and performance, hopefully we can do the same next week.

We have actually only won the treble 3 times in 127 years. Intuitively seems like it should be easy, but it's not.

Think we'll have to agree to disagree about your League 2 comment. I mean, I know the SPL is a poor standard, but surely it's not that bad ffs. 

EDIT: Just to try to demonstrate that winning a treble for us is not easy - in the League Cup we have 4 ties to get through, in the Scottish Cup there are 5. So we have to win 9 knockout ties, without losing a single one. Even if you think we are 80% favourites in each tie (which on average is probably about right), the probability of winning all 9 would be 0.8^9 which is 13.4% - even though each tie on its own seems very winnable, the probability of winning all of them is less than 1 in 7.

So even though most other teams are garbage, I still think Celtic (and Ronny Deila) will deserve some credit if we win the treble - particularly in his debut season. Only 2 managers have ever won a treble at Celtic before, Jock Stein and Martin O'Neill.

Fucking buzzing off United today.

It's been so fucking long. 4-3-3 from now on. Big summer coming up and a proper pre season with all signing made early on. We have 3 deals lined up already apparently. Depay is nailed on and I think and Dybala looks a real possibility. Need some pace up front.

Toni is still banging them in, smashed in two against fat Rafa and his bunch of shitcunts. Delighted.

Bale scores for Madrid and his celebration was a big fuck you to the Madrid fans. He's off in Summer nqat. Born to lay for United that lad. Make it happen louis.

I thought Fellaini was awful again today, great goal - but gave the ball away constantly (as he always seems to do).

Herrera is a fucking beast in midfield, him, Rooney and De Gea should be the first 3 on the teamsheet. Smalling was excellent, as was Young.

Great result and performance, hopefully we can do the same next week.

Fellaini was decent, yeah he gave the ball away a few times but who doesn't. He scored and got an assist and deserves credit for it. 

Fellaini was decent, yeah he gave the ball away a few times but who doesn't. He scored and got an assist and deserves credit for it. 

More than a few times - worse than that, he slows the whole attack down, even when the balls drops to him inside the box - he takes an age to do anything with it. Great goal and assist as i said - but i think we could vastly improve the speed of our attack by putting Mata in that position instead.

Do you think you'll nick a playoff place this season? Would be a great achievement if you did for such a diddy wee club.

I can admit we have been playing shite. McCoist has left us with a shambles which McCall now needs to somehow try and get performances from.

Well done on winning your 15th League Cup. Here is a wee picture of Durrant celebrating during Rangers 15th Scottish League Cup win, 29 years ago. 1986. :-P

11071525_829825867090375_246194872578924

• Like 1

If its the Liverpool that played last night - i think we can smash em'. Game should have been over for the Swans at half time tbh.

We'll see if the Spurs game was really a one-off or the start of United finding their feet again. 

If its the Liverpool that played last night - i think we can smash em'. Game should have been over for the Swans at half time tbh.

We'll see if the Spurs game was really a one-off or the start of United finding their feet again. 

I thought Liverpool did well, Swansea are in good form at the minute, beating you guys at home and Southampton away recently.

Ground out a result like good teams do and did a professional job to hold onto the lead in the second half. 

Either way, I think it will be a close match.

Rory - I don't really know much about you obviously as to me you are just a guy on a blink forum. I get the impression you live down in England and travel about to games as and when you can get to them so you don't live in Scotland? Whats your opinions on the Offensive Behaviour at Football (and Threatening Communications Act) ? IMO Scotland has turned into a sinister place where the SNP government now dictate what you can say, they have now politicised the police force and various other things. A Rangers fan was jailed last week for 4 months for singing the Billy boys. This is outrageous considering there are alot worse crimes which can merit just a slap on the wrist. Whats your experiences of this if any?