The Official Football Topic

Cuth

I'm closely following the MLS Playoffs this year. I'm gonna be in New York early December, so hoping NY Red Bulls get to the conference finals so I can take in the game.

P.S. tough luck on the Revolution last night, looked good with the early goal as well.

I just saw that Juan Aguadelo bicycle kick. What a beauty. The cross thay set it up was nice too.

Not looking forward to Liverpool v Chelsea. We dont have any real quality to make me confident of a win. I'll take a boring draw though.

I just want United to entertain me. All I'm asking for. I'd rather watch West Ham or Leicester atm. That's no excuses for the shit we're serving up. We played good football towards end of last season so where has it gone? Why has Louis changed it? Pissing me off.

I know we have an awful record against you but take us likely and you might regret it. A month is a long time in football but on current form I'd be disappointed with anything less than a draw.

I remember you tipping us for potential relegation towards end of last season/in the summer!

I don't think we take any team lightly these days - like i've said before - any team can lose to anyone home or away. WH are more than capable of falling apart after one result, you should know that better than anyone. 

I remember you saying Smalling was shite - now he's probably the best defender in the league!

First win over Chelsea in three years. Great performance after going down early on. Coutinho looking like himself, midfield and defense did their jobs, Migs made that crucial save against Oscar's chip. Delighted. Brilliant fucking result. Brilliant. Do one Chelsea you plastic fan having cunts.

Terrible performance

Fucking sick of it.

I know people will think we're spoiled or whatever. All I'm asking for is to watch good football, that's it. Trophies will take care of themselves. United fans were chanting attack attack after about 10 mins. This is not Manchester United. I'm fucking hating it I've got to be honest. No pace and LVG won't drop Rooney or even take him off. Fucking stupid cunt. I'm fuming. Rooney is bigger than the club it's obvious to see. The quicker he fucks off the better, we can move on then.

First win over Chelsea in three years. Great performance after going down early on. Coutinho looking like himself, midfield and defense did their jobs, Migs made that crucial save against Oscar's chip. Delighted. Brilliant fucking result. Brilliant. Do one Chelsea you plastic fan having cunts.

When Bentenke scored the third im pretty sure i freaked out everyone in my house haha. First time ive been that happy since the Stoke game.

Haha - weren't you giving it large about being in form and taking teams lightly a few days ago? You have Everton and Spurs next...

Well this season has been a case of the better the side, the better we play so probably will have more of a chance against them!

In all seriousness I know we're just on a good run and will level out with a midtable finish (maybe make a push for top 8 ) - I'm just enjoying the ride and having a bit of banter.

You actually think Man United have a chance of winning the title - that's just being completely deluded. With the money you've spent you should be making a serious challenge but you're not good enough yet, team has no chemistry whatsoever. If LVG had the balls to drop Rooney things might pick up but he's clearly not as tough as he likes to think he is. 

Well this season has been a case of the better the side, the better we play so probably will have more of a chance against them!

In all seriousness I know we're just on a good run and will level out with a midtable finish (maybe make a push for top 8 ) - I'm just enjoying the ride and having a bit of banter.

You actually think Man United have a chance of winning the title - that's just being completely deluded. With the money you've spent you should be making a serious challenge but you're not good enough yet, team has no chemistry whatsoever. If LVG had the balls to drop Rooney things might pick up but he's clearly not as tough as he likes to think he is. 

I think we have a good chance considering the following:

-4pts off top spot (despite playing badly and not scoring goals)

-Decent run of 6/7 league games coming up - which are all winnable

-Difficult run of games for City and Arsenal during the same period (including playing each other)

-Excellent defensive record so far

-Other than Shaw, we seem to be dealing with injuries alot better then previous seasons. 

If we can be within 6pts (or better) by Xmas, i'd say we have a good chance. 

Rangers to5kAk6.png

And to think some buffoons on here were saying they were going to get promoted this season and be challenging Celtic next season to5kAk6.png

They will still be playing in the Championship next year (if they haven't gone bust again by then)

Jesus Christ, they lost one game and are still five points clear at the top. Overreaction much? You lost to Aberdeen once too..does that mean you won't be winning the SPL this year? Not to mention losing against shite like Malmo and Molde. 

It's cute that you hate them so much but they will be getting promoted next season and within a couple years (MAXIMUM) they will be challenging you again. 

Still don't get why Celtic fans don't want Rangers back in the league, it's about the only game that is interesting in Scottish football...and if they're so bad wouldn't you like to have them there to beat four times a season?

• Like 1

Jesus Christ, they lost one game and are still five points clear at the top. Overreaction much? You lost to Aberdeen once too..does that mean you won't be winning the SPL this year? Not to mention losing against shite like Malmo and Molde. 

It's cute that you hate them so much but they will be getting promoted next season and within a couple years (MAXIMUM) they will be challenging you again. 

Still don't get why Celtic fans don't want Rangers back in the league, it's about the only game that is interesting in Scottish football...and if they're so bad wouldn't you like to have them there to beat four times a season?

Malmo beat Shakhtar Donetsk in the CL last month (they're third in their group behind Real Madrid and PSG), and Molde are top of their group having beaten Fenerbahce  (away ffs!) and drawn at home to Ajax. So if they're shite then the rest of us are fucked! It seems a lot of (mainly English) people just assume a team is shite because they're not a big name. Malmo and Molde both very decent sides and I've got no issue with Celtic losing to either of them. Think you're not really giving them the respect they deserve there.

You say Rangers will be getting promoted next season - that's certainly a possibility as Hibs will will get promoted this season. Rangers will fuck up the playoffs (again) this season, but you might be right, it could be third time's a charm next season.

I can't explain to you why (most) Celtic fans don't want Rangers in the league, you either get it or you don't. From the outside looking in I can see where you're coming from. It may be the only game that is interesting to you (English) folk...but the game in Scotland is doing just fine without them, ask any non-Rangers football fan and they'll tell you the exact same thing.

And about them challenging us in a couple of years..don't know what else I can say about that that hasn't been said before. We'll just have to wait and see I suppose, but I'd be utterly astonished if they won an SPL title in the next 10-15 years.