The Official Football Topic

Cuth

Ex-Rangers goalkeeper Barry Cook was the referee at Morton vs Rangers last night. Only in Scotland (or maybe Nigeria etc.) can such an obvious conflict of interest take place. Welcome to Scotland! And folk wonder why Celtic fans are "paranoid"...

"Barry Cook has made the transition from promising goalkeeper to aspiring top-class official in a move that has been greeted with some surprise by those who knew him as a prospect who won 27 caps for his country as a youngster"

EmdaNGd.jpg 
Barry%20Cook.JPG
D5gDiN0.png

Unless there was something Halliday did which the cameras didn't pick up on (which is definitely possible), I agree that was a shocking decision for a yellow card.

That isn't really my point though, my point is the obvious conflict of interest. To be allowed to referee a match involving a team you used to play for is mind-bending imo. I don't think any of you would dispute that.

4 hours ago, Roux said:

You can't do a fist pump celebration in Scotland? 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35340312 (The celebration is after the goal at about 4 minutes in)

The silence from the SFA is deafening just now but from what's going around the linesman is the one that reported the 'incident' to the referee so the ref can't really be blamed too much. The celebration appears to be deemed as 'offensive' which by the letter of the law should be a straight red card. The referee did not apply this rule correctly and gave him a second booking which means we can't appeal it as we can only appeal against straight red cards. It is absolutely bizarre.  

Another full house at the etihad. They really are a fucking joke aren't they. Old Trafford is packed every week and were fucking awful, what's their excuse?thought Manchester was blue?? 

Horrible little club that won the lottery, that's all they'll ever be

Don't agree with that at all, just because you're successful on the pitch for a short period of time doesn't mean you instantly generate fans from nowhere. Man United have fans from everywhere due to their success over the years. Someone I work with is a season ticket holder at United and they live in Kent! whereas City fan base are pretty much from Manchester and that's it.

Sure that will change over time and we will start seeing plenty of southern Man City fans if they continue to do well on the pitch - the glory hunters will latch on, they did with Man United, then with Chelsea so I'm sure City will be no different.

Its also fucking expensive to go to a football match these days - all included I'll spend at least £100 everytime I go West Ham - not everyone can do it, especially when you've got a season ticket to pay for as well.

14 hours ago, Poet Danderson said:

Otamendi is garbage - bar a few games earlier in the season he's been a waste of money.

I'd actually say Demichellies is better than him at the minute and he is past it too.

Don't even get me started on Mangala.

What an earth are you talking about - easily one of their best players along with De Bruyne this season. I didnt see the game last night, but having a read through - looks like he had a good game. Sure he's had some bad games but as a whole, hes been solid for them. He's far from garbage. 

11 hours ago, Poet Danderson said:

Don't agree with that at all, just because you're successful on the pitch for a short period of time doesn't mean you instantly generate fans from nowhere. Man United have fans from everywhere due to their success over the years. Someone I work with is a season ticket holder at United and they live in Kent! whereas City fan base are pretty much from Manchester and that's it.

Sure that will change over time and we will start seeing plenty of southern Man City fans if they continue to do well on the pitch - the glory hunters will latch on, they did with Man United, then with Chelsea so I'm sure City will be no different.

Its also fucking expensive to go to a football match these days - all included I'll spend at least £100 everytime I go West Ham - not everyone can do it, especially when you've got a season ticket to pay for as well.

Thats not the point though - where are all their Manchester based fans? If Manchester is blue - where are they all? 20/30k empty seats is unreal for a semi-final game.

15/16 Cheapest season ticket:

West Ham £675

Watford - £445

Man City - £299 

City have ticket prices almost comparable with Championchip clubs and the lowest in the EPL. 

Yeah I understand that a lot of United's support are glory hunters or whatever just find it hilarious that city can't fill their stadium week in week out. 

What a player De Bruyne is. I told people last season that he's a better player than Hazard, think I said it here? I know hazard is off his game atm but De Bruyne is a class act. Better player than Hazard imo. Why weren't United interested?? Fucking pathetic again from us. Changed the game last night in 10 minutes. 

Musa would be a top signing for Leicester. League is so exciting now with all this money about. Got clubs like Leicester, West Ham, Stoke etc all signing top top players.