The Official Football Topic

Cuth

1 hour ago, Poet Danderson said:

Don't really see what those stats are meant to tell us, what does Rangers playing a game 4 years ago tell us how they will do next season if they got promoted?

A lot changes in four years...and let's face it apart from maybe your selves they will have the biggest pull in the SPL by a mile.

I don't get why you wouldn't want them back in the SPL - having them away has done you more harm than good. You've regressed badly without them keeping you on your toes.

Well those results are the best (only) indicator of how they will fare against SPL sides. I agree the further back ones are obviously less relevant but the most recent of those matches was only 4 months ago and they got pumped at home off of St Johnstone. And that was under the tutelage of the hallowed Warburton.

I know it's not the best data but at least I'm providing some stats behind my opinions, not just anecdotal bollocks that Rangers will challenge for the title next season because they have Warburton and Waghorn lol.

You talk some amount of shite. Results going back to before Warburton mean nothing so you are clutching at straws with your argument. You do realise that Warburton had to quickly assemble the basics of a team in a matter of weeks. In terms of play on the field we were better than St Johnstone. St Johnstone out scored us with some good counter attacking due to our exposed defence. Our full backs got forward that much that they were pretty much strikers. We didn't take our chances in that game so they won the match. Since then our full backs are a little bit more reserved so as not to leave the two centre backs covering the whole defensive area. Warburton identified O'Hallaron who was St Johnstones man of the match and we have since signed him. We still need to get some new players which Warburton has publicly stated. This is the basics of his team and I would like to think that we will get better as time goes on.

48 minutes ago, givemeyoureyes said:

You talk some amount of shite. Results going back to before Warburton mean nothing so you are clutching at straws with your argument. You do realise that Warburton had to quickly assemble the basics of a team in a matter of weeks. In terms of play on the field we were better than St Johnstone. St Johnstone out scored us with some good counter attacking due to our exposed defence. Our full backs got forward that much that they were pretty much strikers. We didn't take our chances in that game so they won the match. Since then our full backs are a little bit more reserved so as not to leave the two centre backs covering the whole defensive area. Warburton identified O'Hallaron who was St Johnstones man of the match and we have since signed him. We still need to get some new players which Warburton has publicly stated. This is the basics of his team and I would like to think that we will get better as time goes on.

O'Halloran is a great signing, I've always thought he's a great player.

13 minutes ago, Roux said:

Without fierce competition with a rival, you'll fall behind. That's definitely the case with Celtic. Warburton is a very very good manager - i would be very surprised if Rangers didn't get into the top 3/4 next season. 

Well that's a lot more reasonable, I wouldn't necessarily disagree with that. But some people on here have been saying they'll be challenging Celtic and/or Aberdeen for the title 1R8GZBS.png

26 minutes ago, ruaraidhlando45 said:

Also this talk about falling behind without fierce competition from a rival, I think there's a lot of counterexamples to that. PSG, Bayern, Olympiakos etc all winning their leagues by 10, 20, 30 points, they've hardly regressed have they?

Thats a very good argument, however i think those teams are trying to compete on a European level. Bayern, Porto, PSG etc are doing everything they can to be the kings of Europe. When your league is relitivley easy - the next logical step is to make strides in Europe - Celtic have never been able to compete at that level for a long long time.  

And i wouldn't rule out Rangers competing with Celtic/Aberdeen for the league - obviously its a long shot, we'll just have to see who they can bring in over summer to improve the side. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Roux said:

That makes sense given the reasons he left Brentford - i believe he lost his some his managerial control in some way ( i don't know the details). Has he got the same staff up there that he brought in at Brentford? 

He basically did the same thing at Brentford regarding the style - its really impressive to watch, i can't believe they they doing okay in the Championship - i did fear for them. Do you thing you could push for the SPL title next season based on what you've seen this season?  Surely there can't be that much of a difference between the sides - just like how the EPL/Championship is here right now - Leicester City. 

The Brentford chairman wanted to go down the 'moneyball' route which means player recruitment and team selection to be only to be based on stats. Warburton couldn't agree with this so they agreed that he would leave the club. He has brought in an Analysis guy which I believe was from Brentford, the Sports Science guy from Hibs and the chief scout Frank McParland from Brentford to start up our scouting network again.

Celtic have regressed big time in the last couple of seasons but I expect that if we were to get promoted then they will try to strengthen. Based on what I have seen so far I would say we would be top 4 just now. We have a very small team (height wise) and we still need to get another centre back, striker and more importantly a defensive midfielder to protect the defensive during any counter attacks. The club will quietly go about our business without making daft boasts unlike other teams but personally I would be hoping to go for a European qualification spot next season and build from that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ruaraidhlando45 said:

O'Halloran is a great signing, I've always thought he's a great player.

Well that's a lot more reasonable, I wouldn't necessarily disagree with that. But some people on here have been saying they'll be challenging Celtic and/or Aberdeen for the title 1R8GZBS.png

We would be expecting to have a go and attempting to challenge. That does not equate to expecting to win it.  

47 minutes ago, givemeyoureyes said:

The Brentford chairman wanted to go down the 'moneyball' route which means player recruitment and team selection to be only to be based on stats. Warburton couldn't agree with this so they agreed that he would leave the club. He has brought in an Analysis guy which I believe was from Brentford, the Sports Science guy from Hibs and the chief scout Frank McParland from Brentford to start up our scouting network again.

Celtic have regressed big time in the last couple of seasons but I expect that if we were to get promoted then they will try to strengthen. Based on what I have seen so far I would say we would be top 4 just now. We have a very small team (height wise) and we still need to get another centre back, striker and more importantly a defensive midfielder to protect the defensive during any counter attacks. The club will quietly go about our business without making daft boasts unlike other teams but personally I would be hoping to go for a European qualification spot next season and build from that.

I don't even think you'd be eligible to play in Europe would you?  Doesn't UEFA require a number of years of submitted and approved financial records, and you haven't been submitting anything in recent years

1 minute ago, ruaraidhlando45 said:

I don't even think you'd be eligible to play in Europe would you?  Doesn't UEFA require a number of years of submitted and approved financial records, and you haven't been submitting anything in recent years

I believe you require 3 years worth of accounts. Hypothetically speaking if we got qualification through the Scottish Cup this season I think we would be able to play in Europe next season.

Jose for United then it looks like. BBC reporting it. Practically done deal if they're reporting. 

Jose can breathe life into the club again. I think we need him. We need players Kung fu kicking cunts in the crowd, we need players surrounding the ref to the point where he shits himself, we need players doing a Keano and snapping cunts legs in half. That's United to me. The swag, the arrogance, the siege mentality. Fuck everyone. We need to bully teams, especially those tin pot cunts down the road, we need to rock up there and kick the tippy tappy oil corrupt money laundering cunts into next week.

I know fans are like " oh he's not right for United, he's a wanker, his attitude is shit"

ummm, are people forgetting what a mental cunt Fergie was?? Fergie was just as bad if not worse than Jose ffs. People have very short memories when it comes to football. We need that type of manager. United need to be despised again. It fuels us.

the whole negative football thing again is total bollocks. 

Couldn't agree more - i like a ballsy manager, which is why i like LVG. I do think Jose has lost some of that spark though - he looks like a beaten old man. Maybe managing United will rejuvenate him. Who knows. 

Also looks like we've bid 140Mil for Neymar last summer and 30mil for 18 year old Sanches this January - so he'll have money to burn on top players if he comes in. 

Don't believe Jose wanted to go back to Chelsea. He wanted the United job. Imagine thinking you have a chance with an absolute stunner with fantastic tits and a pert arse and then you end up in a contract with an ugly munter with saggy tits like Chelsea. I'd be fucked off too. We don't know what's happened there but Jose wasn't happy that was obvious. He will be fantastic for United. His swag would be back. 

Neymar stuff is nonsense. He'd never leave there. Not for United anyway. Neymar living in Manchester haha not a chance. 

Would love Jose to sign big Zlatan. Can you imagine the both of them at United?? My god it would be majestic. They'd be boiling everyone's piss. Zlat hates pep too. I like Zlatan, he knows the score. He knows Pep is a fucking shithouse cunt.

19 minutes ago, Roux said:

Would love Leicester or Spurs to win it. How are City or Arsenal not walking this league - absolute bottlers.

City are a farce pal. Absolute embarrassment to the game. 

Scraped two league titles. One of them Liverpool completely blew it, the other time they finished on same points as United and won it in goals scored, United blew it also. 4-4 game against Everton will haunt me forever.

theyve lost an FA cup final against Wigan (lolz) and they've win the FA cup against errr Stoke and the carling cup against the mighty Sunderland.

theyve been an absolute embarrassment in Europe. The shame of England.

They've  been fucking lucky to play two shit teams in cup finals and had a shit team in Wigan to beat to win another and blew it. Empty seats every fucking week. They're a fucking disgrace

they do dodgy deals and have bought a club in America and Australia so they can get around ffp or launder money. That money of theirs is not clean. The day they get their grubby oily undeserving hands on the European cup is the day football dies.

• Like 1