The Official Football Topic

Cuth

The youngsters were unreal. Rashford will quite rightly get the headlines, but i though Varela and Riley were magnificent. 

We're not going to fare well against Arsenal i imagine, anyone who thinks these injuries aren't affecting us is dumb - this is the worst injury crisis i've ever seen. Losing Smalling and now Martial before the game means it just gets worse and worse.

Last night was the Memphis Depay we want to see, we know the opposition wan't the highest quality - but the way he played will do wonders for his confidence. He carried the team last night which really impressed me. 

Glad we're linked with Bernardeschi and we seem to have made an initial bid, remember Fergie trying to get him a few years ago, he's grown into an excellent player and can play everywhere. Him and Darmian forming a partnership on the right flank would be great for us. 

4 minutes ago, ruaraidhlando45 said:

Correct. Does my nut in when LVG (and others) say winning the EL is more realistic.

Interestingly for Liverpool, it is actually hold true (their chance of winning EL is greater than their chance of Top 4)

Agree, its their best chance realistically.

Europa is such a long competition - we've only just had the draw for the last 16! Any of these teams could knock us out - including Liverpool. We can't make it out priority, 

for me its: League > FA Cup > Europa 

That might be true - but doesn't mean we shouldn't give it full priority. We've been shit since Christmas, yet remain 6 points off 4th - that says it all. if the gap stretches to 9pts soon then the other 2 comps will obviously take precedent. 

Not 100% sure if LVG prefers Europa over FA Cup, but 4th definitely overrules both.  

The bookies aren't giving you much of a chance of making it.

To finish top 4 with Bet365:

Arsenal - 1/50, Leicester - 1/20, Spurs - 1/16, City - 1/12 and Man United - 9/2

With you playing Arsenal this weekend and City's game in hand being against Newcastle, that gap could very easily be 8 or 9 points once the fixtures line up. 

I think you've got more chance in the Europa personally, yes there are some good sides in it, but the fact it's a two legged affair and you don't have to be the best team in the compeition to win it. Spurs and Dortmund are going to knock one of each other out so if you can beat Liverpool over two legs you've got as good of a chance as any if you ask me.

Not interested in what the bookies think tbh.

Gap could be 9pts after the weekend - could also be 3pts too. If we get some players back soon then i can see us making a real push. Lots of players should be back in the next 1/2 weeks. 

I'd never put all my eggs in one basket in a knockout competition - especially one as lengthy as Europa. 

I hope we continue with the youth, fuck the other cunts off like Rooney and Basti. It's so much fun. Far more enjoyable watching the young lads than the awful overpaid shitcunts we have. 

Mensah gave an awful ball away earlier. Wasn't even mad. Who cares. Love the young lads.

Martial and Rashford up top. The pace is frightening. 

I don't care who plays - just show some fucking passion. Memphis is starting to look like the player we thought he would become - he worked his arse of yesterday. The players have to take responsibility.

Blind & Carrick should get alot of praise too - i know they haven't been solid but done just enough the last 3 games. 

Though Ander Herrera was brilliant, and this kid Varela might be my 1st choice right-back now - he gets better with every game. 

If Liverpool can do us a favour and we beat Watford, we'll be level on points with City.