The Official Football Topic

Cuth

On 3/8/2016 at 0:57 PM, Roux said:

Who said i wanted Fellaini in the team? Are you making stuff up again? He's an option for the manager that isnt available because of injury - just like the others i mentioned. Most of them are key players for our team (whether i want them in the team or not is irrelevant).  Young/Valencia/Shaw/Bastian/Rooney/Januzaj/Jones/Rojo would all be considered first team players - all have missed a shit load of football and not just for a couple of weeks like the players you mentioned. Rojo and Jones would be partnering Smalling at the back instead of the makeshift Blind so to say those two are not important is just stupid. Both Rooney and Payet have played 22 league games as of now - and Rooney isn't coming back any time soon. 

You name me any players in your first team squad that you consider important who have been out for a month or more and i bet i could double it. 

2nd best defence in the league is largely down to having a top class keeper.  

Depay minimal contact? Contact is contact and was reckless with clear contact- nobody had any complaints with that penalty even if Depay's reaction was over the top. Hardly an act of desperation - boy you don't half over react do you? This coming from the side that could barely beat Liverpool reserves twice. 

Every pundit/news source agrees with you? Care to share this information then? MOTD commentator said 'gosh that was close' and the game one said it was 'very very close'.

Sky Sports live commentary said this:

Besic showed good feet to wriggle into space and goes down under the challenge of Song. It was right on the line but the referee points to the spot.  

Thats 3 sources after a quick search who weren't certain. i'll stick with Sky Sports who said it was right on the line.

I dunno maybe we all need our eyes tested by a West Ham fan so we can pretend it was obviously outside the box and an easy decision. 

Missed this before.

You've looked better when you play kids in their correct position though, seems the more injuries to established players the better as sometimes as soon as the supposed key players come back from injury, the inform youngsters get ditched and you stick said key players out of position constantly. On Sunday, you could of played Fonsu-Mensah (whose looked very good) at left back, then stuck Rojo in at centre back with Smalling...also Varela getting dropped for the bang average and out of form Darmian seemed incredibly harsh to me as well. Injuries have been a factor for your season of course, only a fool would deny that and they have for ours too maybe to a lesser extent but you seem to put far too much weight on them when it comes to affecting how your season has gone. I think you have to accept that in a lot of games even when you've had a relatively clean bill of health you have been very poor and should still have performed at a higher standard than you have.

I also stand by that it was an embarassing dive from Depay, the way he jumped up was ridiculous. It's terrible seeing footballers do that, riding the contact and going down is fine with me but an unnatural jump makes me cringe, looked like Tom fucking Daley. I won't dispute that we did struggle at times against a below strength Liverpool but in the end we got the job done (ironically we bear their first team 3-0 away and 2-0 at home so it's safe to say we have the better of them this season) - if you managed to get a couple of goals like you should of against Sheff Utd in the 3rd round then Depay would have probably carried on his run and not gone down, it was a last desperate throw of the dice, might have been contact but it was embarassing to watch nonetheless - same as Benteke this weekend. We might have struggled in our tie but at least we didn't have to resort to such gamesmanship to get the win. We did it fair and fucking square and required no controversial behaviour to get through. 

I've watched the Song incident again on my lunch and I stand by that the initial contact (which is where the foul began) was out of the box, tough call in real time so don't blame the referee for getting it wrong but I'd still say justice was served with the miss as it wasn't a penalty. Think it gave the team the boost needed as well to go on and win the game, we battle to the final whistle, the amount of important late goals we've got and points we've rescued from comebacks this season has been incredible. 

Whole game was just disappointing - looked like we weren't up for it like the league games. Felliani was shocking, Mata was anonymous.

Always want to beat Liverpool, but i don't really want to see us in Europa. 4th and Fa Cup has got to be priority. 

It's not about the competition. It's about playing those cunts. Absolutely disgusting. Lvg comes out and says the atmosphere was to much and fellaini was best player on pitch. You fucking what? All I heard was united's brilliant away support all game. What fuckkng atmosphere?? Also fellaini was a joke. Bog brushed headed fraud. 

Lvg lost me last night. Think I've been very fair with him tbh but fuck that. Rio and Scholes were seething last night and they ripped him to shreds and were bang on. Nobody had any clue what we were trying to achieve last night. Louis is lost. He can't admit defeat. Giggs can fuck off too. 

Fellaini was bullied off the ball and was the difference for me. That central position is such a key area, you need a player who is mobile and quick - i believe Herrera had a knock so wasnt risked from the start. I would love to see him sold in the summer - never United quality. I cringe watching him play and the amount of times he gives the ball away really stands out.

The pressing just wasn't there from us - and Liverpool did it very effectively. Only plus point was Bastian got some minutes. 

and fellaini will get done for that elbow on can. Huge positive

Jordan Henderson is a simple cunt, can't believe that non entity is captaining Liverpool. Roy Keane would of snapped that cunt in half within 5 minutes. I fucking hate him

I think with Liverpool you can see what Kopp is trying to do already, even with a squad that isn't really his. Yes they're inconsistent but when they get it right they can be virtually unplayable and destroy teams.

My worry with LVG is that despite him being there two seasons that has barely ever happened. You really can't see what he is trying to do anymore.

Mega nervous about today to be honest but we have a great chance if we can play our usual game. Come on West Ham!