The Official Football Topic

Cuth

On 12.4.2017 at 2:11 PM, Scott. said:

Barca have signed some awful players in the last few years. That's because they're skint. Neymar to united in the summer. Step aside Barca. No match for United.

Sure, Neymar wants to play Euro League next season...

3 hours ago, Roux said:

sending off - i can understand, but the offside goal? clowns.

It was a difficult decision. You don't just see the play stopped and decide if it's offside or not. If you see the video in regular speed bayern players have covered ronaldo in a blink of a second after the pass was made. It's like in the Ramos own goal lewa was offside but it was a close call you don't see anyone complaining about that.

1 hour ago, petros said:

It was a difficult decision. You don't just see the play stopped and decide if it's offside or not. If you see the video in regular speed bayern players have covered ronaldo in a blink of a second after the pass was made. It's like in the Ramos own goal lewa was offside but it was a close call you don't see anyone complaining about that.

It wasn't - mainly because he was coming from an offside position in the first place - that makes it alot easier. The linesman should clearly be able to see that he was already in an offside position for a few seconds before the ball was played and was trying to bring himself back to level (but never did).

have a look at the 6 second mark: https://u.nya.is/nsrwxv.mp4

The Ramos own goal was much much harder to call because of the cover. 

1 hour ago, Roux said:

It wasn't - mainly because he was coming from an offside position in the first place - that makes it alot easier. The linesman should clearly be able to see that he was already in an offside position for a few seconds before the ball was played and was trying to bring himself back to level (but never did).

have a look at the 6 second mark: https://u.nya.is/nsrwxv.mp4

The Ramos own goal was much much harder to call because of the cover. 

Yeah man but look at the guy with 11(douglas costa?) it immediately seems like he covers ronaldo doesn't it?

I'm not saying it wasn't offside or the refereeing in both games was good. I think mistakes have happened for both sides though.

39 minutes ago, petros said:

Yeah man but look at the guy with 11(douglas costa?) it immediately seems like he covers ronaldo doesn't it?

I'm not saying it wasn't offside or the refereeing in both games was good. I think mistakes have happened for both sides though.

He does - but the linesman should be looking at the current player standing offside in the first place. Through the entire time Costa is moving from left to right, Ronaldo is still offside (and buy a good amount). 

I think its been bad for the last few years - i used to be against technology, but now that the standard is really poor - time to bring it in to assist them. I think offside goals should favour the attacking team - like a body part should be in line and greater accuracy with handballs/second yellow cards. These ruins games for everyone. I saw a video this morning of a linesman giving offside from a throw-in. Its unacceptable in this modern age. 

4 hours ago, Roux said:

I think its been bad for the last few years - i used to be against technology, but now that the standard is really poor - time to bring it in to assist them. I think offside goals should favour the attacking team - like a body part should be in line and greater accuracy with handballs/second yellow cards. These ruins games for everyone. I saw a video this morning of a linesman giving offside from a throw-in. Its unacceptable in this modern age. 

Technology assistance is a good idea but only in a modest way. Offside goals and if the ball crossed the line - these things can be reviewed quickly. But things like yellow and red cards have to made without any assistance. This would totally destroy the flow of the game. 

5 hours ago, petros said:

Yeah I'm not saying refereeing was good I'm just saying it wasn't good for madrid or bayern. It was bad for both sides. In the end real won and went on the next round. While in psg vs barca it was only bad against psg.

Refereeing was bad for both Bayern and Real, but Bayern had a bigger disadvantage (I say that even though I supported Real).