The Official Football Topic

Cuth

4 hours ago, Roux said:

Wow, what a moment - this could be the start of something again. 

Current holders of the FA Cup, League Cup, Europa Cup and straight into the CL group stages. 

All about winning trophies and while those cups are kinda the Mikey mouse cups of club football you ask spurs fans if they'd rather finish 2nd or pick up a few cups. No brainer

4 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Current holders of the FA Cup, League Cup, Europa Cup and straight into the CL group stages. 

All about winning trophies and while those cups are kinda the Mikey mouse cups of club football you ask spurs fans if they'd rather finish 2nd or pick up a few cups. No brainer

The fake treble that Liverpool got mocked so hard for by United fans...at least they did it in one season!

All jokes aside, only Chelsea have had a better season than you.

You have to do so much better in the league next year though and at least challenge for the title.

58 minutes ago, Scott. said:

This is exactly why we had to drop the league - now Jose looks like a mastermind. We go on to the Supercup now - so potential for another trophy. Although they are not the cups we want most, they will set us up nicely to try and achieve those. 

Next week or two we get Griezmann too! Things are looking good. 

• Like 1

How good is Jose in finals though. He completely done a job on Ajax last night. People moaning about the long balls but it's the way to beat Ajax aggressive press. Fellaini was brilliant and Darmian was excellent. Darmian can stay, he's done really well last few months and can play a few positions. 

How good were Ajax CBs btw?? 20 and 17 years old. Fucking unreal they were

• Like 1

Just a good solid performance - Jose showed all his experience with his tactics. Possibly the easiest final United have had in a long long time. I personally thought Celta Vigo were a much better side than Ajax and they play a similar high pressing style, so i was pretty confident we would win. I thought Rashford and Miki were very very poor, but i won't care how we played or remember it in a few weeks. 

Darmian is very very good - he just needs to get some confidence back. Fellaini played well - but i still don't think he is good enough to be in a Man United midfield. 

Yep - some of those Ajax players are going to be outstanding in a few years - you could see their quality, against another club i would have been willing them on. 

I never felt like winning the FA Cup was a turning point - this feels like a turning point. And if they can get Griezmann - it will give us a massive lift, just like when Pogba joined. 

My aim next year for us is to win the league (not just simply compete) and do well in the UCL. That's my expectations with this squad and manager with one positive season under their belts and a summer to complete this already good squad. I would keep Rooney and Ibra personally - we fucked up loosing the experience of Vida/Evra/Rio etc and we can't make that mistake again. 

1 hour ago, petros said:

This manchester united team is still no match to real, bayern, juve or even barca that will definitely get better next year. Conte's chelsea on the other hand is.

No of course not. Not yet. And I disagree. Chelsea aren't a match for them either. They had no answers for that United game at Okd Trafford. Jose done a number on Conte that day and they had no answers. Not even a shot on target

12 minutes ago, Scott. said:

No of course not. Not yet. And I disagree. Chelsea aren't a match for them either. They had no answers for that United game at Okd Trafford. Jose done a number on Conte that day and they had no answers. Not even a shot on target

That doesn't mean they can't be competitive against real or barca. The style they play is hard to be dealt by them imo

9 hours ago, Roux said:

Barca? They have gone backwards. They really look poor aside from the front 3. I watched their last game against Eiber and they were shocking - the ref bailed them out. 

Yeah I  think they are bad now too but with two three good moves here and there they can be super competitive again. A good right and center back and a good midfielder and they are top class again. And that's coming from a die hard madrid fan that doesn't necessarily want them to be good again.

1 hour ago, petros said:

Yeah I  think they are bad now too but with two three good moves here and there they can be super competitive again. A good right and center back and a good midfielder and they are top class again. And that's coming from a die hard madrid fan that doesn't necessarily want them to be good again.

Personally, i think they will need alot more than that - also new manager. I don't think any of the English team have anything to fear - its whoever can get lucky with injuries and cope best with mid-week and then a weekend fixture. English clubs' biggest problem is that they compete in the hardest league in the world. 

5 hours ago, Roux said:

Personally, i think they will need alot more than that - also new manager. I don't think any of the English team have anything to fear - its whoever can get lucky with injuries and cope best with mid-week and then a weekend fixture. English clubs' biggest problem is that they compete in the hardest league in the world. 

That wasn't a problem for so many years when like 3 of 4 teams on the champions league semi finals where english. So it's not an excuse. It's just that real barca and bayern have been better for the last 10 years or so. Will never forget that champions league drogba won single handedly against bayern it was awesome.

6 hours ago, Roux said:

LOL anything to fear!?

The English clubs were pretty bad in the Chamopions League the last few years...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, petros said:

That wasn't a problem for so many years when like 3 of 4 teams on the champions league semi finals where english. So it's not an excuse. It's just that real barca and bayern have been better for the last 10 years or so. Will never forget that champions league drogba won single handedly against bayern it was awesome.

The English league is much harder now. No need for the history lesson because its so obvious. The big teams can lose home or away against any team now - that wasn't the case back then.

7 hours ago, Osgod said:

LOL anything to fear!?

The English clubs were pretty bad in the Chamopions League the last few years...

So that how its going to be forever right? Of course not, UCL has always been in cycles - the Spanish dominate, then the Italians then the English.. Germans etc.  5 teams in Europe and i think at least 3 are capable of making it at least to the quarter finals. Jose, Pep and Conte are UCL masterminds - with a difficult first season under their belt they will strengthen and be much better on all fronts next season. 

2 hours ago, Roux said:

The English league is much harder now. No need for the history lesson because its so obvious. The big teams can lose home or away against any team now - that wasn't the case back then.

I don't know man I remember the same thing happening back then too. Premier League had always been the harder league to win but english teams could also dominate ucl. I still believe it's just because the top english teams are ether small inexperienced in the biggest stage (city, tottenham) or are going through a slump for different reasons (man united, liverpool, arsenal). So saying "English clubs' biggest problem is that they compete in the hardest league in the world" sounds like an excuse to me.

49 minutes ago, petros said:

I don't know man I remember the same thing happening back then too. Premier League had always been the harder league to win but english teams could also dominate ucl. I still believe it's just because the top english teams are ether small inexperienced in the biggest stage (city, tottenham) or are going through a slump for different reasons (man united, liverpool, arsenal). So saying "English clubs' biggest problem is that they compete in the hardest league in the world" sounds like an excuse to me.

Everything seems like an excuse to you if i'm honest.  We play the most games, against harder teams, with less breaks - pretty good excuse if you ask me but whatever. All the other top teams compete against one or two top teams every season. Unfortunately we can't win 4-0 every week in our league like Barca, Juve, Bayern, Real do.

59 minutes ago, Roux said:

Everything seems like an excuse to you if i'm honest.  We play the most games, against harder teams, with less breaks - pretty good excuse if you ask me but whatever. All the other top teams compete against one or two top teams every season. Unfortunately we can't win 4-0 every week in our league like Barca, Juve, Bayern, Real do.

But you totally miss my point. You must be watching football for a long time right? Didn't sir Alex's manu play the most games against harder teams? They did. But still managed to be dominant in ucl too.

Look at the squad of the english teams. None of them are on par with real bayern and juve. It's not that they play more games it's just they aren't good enough yet. With time and good moves I don't see a reason for united, liverpool chelsea and arsenal to not be back and dominate again. But for the last years they just haven't been good it's not that "oh poor manchester united we play against swansea and it's so tiring for a team in our caliber"

• Like 1