The Official Football Topic

Cuth

Yeah I never said it hasn't. All I'm disagreeing about is that "the english teams haven't been successful in europe only cause they play so many games in the most competitive league". I never said they don't. That still doesn't seem enough to me for them not to be successful. 

City's transfer list is scary. Apparently they have 300m to spend. Pep had a shocker of a year lets be honest. Their squad is already very good. How the fuck did he manage to fuck that season up so bad? Jose had a much harder job to do at United and walked away with 2 trophies and the community shield. 

The thing that pisses me off is that when Pep does win the league the wankfest will be sickening when in reality Tony Pulis would win the league with that City squad especially after throwing another 300m at it. They have one of the best youth teams in the country yet you'll never see any of them break through unlike United. City claim to be this people's club yet there isn't a local lad in fucking sight. United on the other hand could start next season with Rashford, Lingard, Keane, Axel Tuanzebe who are all local lads and possibly Demetri Mitchell and Josh Harrop waiting in the wings, Still though Guardiola eh? What a manager

if they sign Mendy for 50m I guarantee you the media will say fuck all, yet united spend 30m on a young English full back and had nothing but shit for it

Mourinho > Pep. It's that simple.

Look, it's always hard to win your league no matter how good your team is because you have so many strong teams and also the mediocre teams are tough to beat.

You also have a disadvantage internationally because you have no winter break. You dominated on the past because your teams where even better, now there is no English team that's ahead of Real, Bayern,...

4 hours ago, petros said:

But you totally miss my point. You must be watching football for a long time right? Didn't sir Alex's manu play the most games against harder teams? They did. But still managed to be dominant in ucl too.

Look at the squad of the english teams. None of them are on par with real bayern and juve. It's not that they play more games it's just they aren't good enough yet. With time and good moves I don't see a reason for united, liverpool chelsea and arsenal to not be back and dominate again. But for the last years they just haven't been good it's not that "oh poor manchester united we play against swansea and it's so tiring for a team in our caliber"

I answered your point... under Fergie we could rest alot of players before a league game -  and still win 3/4 nil. Now you can't really do that because every team can beat you. Its been that way for the last 2/3 years now.

NONE of those teams you mentioned have any real competition to win their leagues so they can rest and prepare accordingly - if you don't think that gives them a significant advantage then i don't really know what to say. Over here teams like Arsenal/Liverpool/City/United are struggling just to qualify because the league is soo competitive. 

Of course its not the only reason - but i would say its a pretty significant one. 

39 minutes ago, Osgod said:

But Real for example has also great competition in La Liga...and they play incredible international seasons every year lately. 

Lol. They prepare for two games Barca and Athletico. 

http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/spain/real-madrid-club-de-futbol/2016/matches/

the win most of their games comfortably and hardly even draw!

4 hours ago, Roux said:

I answered your point... under Fergie we could rest alot of players before a league game -  and still win 3/4 nil. Now you can't really do that because every team can beat you. Its been that way for the last 2/3 years now.

Over here teams like Arsenal/Liverpool/City/United are struggling just to qualify because the league is soo competitive. 

You think this is happening because the league has become stronger or the teams mentioned have become less and less powerful? 

12 hours ago, Roux said:

Lol. They prepare for two games Barca and Athletico. 

http://uk.soccerway.com/teams/spain/real-madrid-club-de-futbol/2016/matches/

the win most of their games comfortably and hardly even draw!

You have said that Bayern and Juve have no competition winning their league and that's basically true. Real on the other hand has this competition against top teams...that's all I was saying.

Having stronger teams all over the league has also advantages. Real, Barca and Atlético win basically every game against weaker competition = it's harder to cover some ground if you have lost a direct matchup against another super team (e.g. Barca lost to Real and Atlético and the season is more or less over for them).

In England on the other hand it's more likely that a team from the lower rankings is able to beat a top team which helps you to catch them again. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, petros said:

You think this is happening because the league has become stronger or the teams mentioned have become less and less powerful? 

As i said before, the lesser team have become much stronger. The have more money to spend then some Champions League clubs. 

9 hours ago, Osgod said:

You have said that Bayern and Juve have no competition winning their league and that's basically true. Real on the other hand has this competition against top teams...that's all I was saying.

Having stronger teams all over the league has also advantages. Real, Barca and Atlético win basically every game against weaker competition = it's harder to cover some ground if you have lost a direct matchup against another super team (e.g. Barca lost to Real and Atlético and the season is more or less over for them).

In England on the other hand it's more likely that a team from the lower rankings is able to beat a top team which helps you to catch them again. 

The only team Real and Barca are competing with each year is each other. You only have to look at the history of La Liga to see that. The rest of the teams usually get beaten comfortably (look at the goals for and against). Its just nowhere near competitive. In England, we literally have 6 teams now who could realistically win the league next season - all the other leagues have one or two teams at best. 

Goes back to my original point - those big Europen sides can rest an entire team for the weekend league match and still win comfortably. You can't do that in England if you want to compete for multiple trophies. There are no easy games.

53 minutes ago, Osgod said:

Btw.: Sevilla won the Euro League almost every year - so I would consider them strong competition as well. 

Have a look at were they finished in the league in the years they won it. 

26 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Absolute legend. You from Rome?

I'm from Tuscany, I live between Florence and Pisa (the city with the leaning tower) but AS Roma is my team. I also support West Ham though. 

No one loves a player like Italy loves Totti, the entire country just stopped to watch his farewell at the end of the match, everyone was in tears. Me too. End of an era, what a player and great servant he has been to Roma for 25 years. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I'm from Tuscany, I live between Florence and Pisa (the city with the leaning tower) but AS Roma is my team. I also support West Ham though. 

No one loves a player like Italy loves Totti, the entire country just stopped to watch his farewell at the end of the match, everyone was in tears. Me too. End of an era, what a player and great servant he has been to Roma for 25 years. 

West Ham?? Explain haha

@...Dan... you gonna propose or what? 

28 minutes ago, Scott. said:

West Ham?? Explain haha

@...Dan... you gonna propose or what? 

This is true, no shame. I know West Ham is associated with our Lazio rivals but I've always loved West Ham. My other grandpa went to see a West Ham - Pisa match back in the early 90s - I think it was 92 or 93 - and he was blown away by the british passion and chants, he would always talk about West Ham, wearing their shirts and everything.
I even went to a game at Upton Park back in 2014, and he was right, the atmosphere was immense. It was West Ham - Newcastle, won 1-0.  Forever blowing bubbles mate! 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Elisa said:

This is true, no shame. I know West Ham is associated with our Lazio rivals but I've always loved West Ham. My other grandpa went to see a West Ham - Pisa match back in the early 90s - I think it was 92 or 93 - and he was blown away by the british passion and chants, he would always talk about West Ham, wearing their shirts and everything.
I even went to a game at Upton Park back in 2014, and he was right, the atmosphere was immense. It was West Ham - Newcastle, won 1-0.  Forever blowing bubbles mate! 

Haha amazing. That's really cool. 

You must be sick of Juventus atm ? 6 years in a row champions?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

Haha amazing. That's really cool. 

You must be sick of Juventus atm ? 6 years in a row champions?

Oh, don't even get me started on Juve. Biggest bunch of frauds. But they can play. 

Imagine Juve winning the Champions League a season after selling Pogba, makes you think. And they will probably win this year.

8 hours ago, Elisa said:

Oh, don't even get me started on Juve. Biggest bunch of frauds. But they can play. 

Imagine Juve winning the Champions League a season after selling Pogba, makes you think. And they will probably win this year.

One of the most corrupts clubs on the planet. I do have a soft spot for Juve though. They've always been my Italian side. 

I think Madrid will be to strong for them though but would like to see Juve win it. 

AC Milan have a lot of money to spend this year it seems. Shame what's happened to them and Inter. 

• Like 1