The Official Football Topic

Cuth

22 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

To be fair, you posted a Sky Sports News article well over a year old to prove that Periera is a good prospect so I thought it was fair game to be honest. 

He only played 1000 minutes and 11 of his 23 apps were off the bench, doesn't seem like he made a huge mark there - he only started a quarter of their games all season. 

I know a couple Arsenal fans as well, they like Guendouzi and admire his enthusiasm but he is still very raw and runs around like a bit of a headless chicken a lot of the time - Rice is much more assured, mature and composed, I can't believe this is even a debate as to who is better at this current time. 

Well no - i posted that article of evidence to what he's done in the past (at Valencia) - because i'm sure you didn't watch him there. He's barely played this season. As i've already mentioned - he has much better players ahead of him. Doesn't mean he's crap. 

He really isn't - he was all over the place against Arsenal, even the commentators highlighted it! 

I know - Guendouzi has been far more impressive for me - first season here too. His ceiling is far higher for me - he's better on the ball imo, more dynamic, comfortable and physically coping well for a 19 year old DM. He's carrying that Arsenal midfield along with Torrieira. Alot of Arsenal fans think he's been one of their best players this season - like that tweet above and the guy i work with. 

I really wonder if we were watching the same game.

He got the man of the match, praised all over the press and by pundits (as he has been for most of the season) scored the winning goal while shielding the back four. Below are some of the things he does well, he literally does this stuff week in and week out for us, he's a smart player and reads danger all the time. 

https://youtu.be/bktIFq7wKYI?t=441

Guendouzi seems like a pretty hipster players choice to me, much more fashionable to like a flairy holding midfielder with silly hair that runs around loads than a player like Rice who does all the things a holding midfielder actually should with minimal fuss. 

33 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I really wonder if we were watching the same game.

He got the man of the match, praised all over the press and by pundits (as he has been for most of the season) scored the winning goal while shielding the back four. Below are some of the things he does well, he literally does this stuff week in and week out for us, he's a smart player and reads danger really well.

https://youtu.be/bktIFq7wKYI?t=441

I remember the commentator saying Lacazette could have had at least 2 goals within the opening half and hour - West Ham were all over the place in the first half. Rice was not tracking the Arsenal forwards because they were interchanging all the time. Pellagirini rectified this by pulling Noble back to help Rice out. Do you recall any of this? - i think it was a Sky game. At one point Lacazette walked through 4/5 WH players and should have scored. I can find the clip if you want?

No idea why he was MoTM - i thought Nasri was the best player on the pitch, by far.

I don't think anyone is disputing he's had a good season and is a good prospect for his age - but imo he's not had a better season than Guendouzi or Neves for example - why is saying this such a problem for you? 2 weeks ago i bet many fans were raving over Guendouzi when Arsenal were going through that winning streak. I think he was MoTM against United too.  

Just to chime in here, Guendouzi is 19, he was superb at the start of the season, now he's starting to look a bit leggy and out of depth in recent games, as he's played an awful lot more than anyone expected. He will be a star in the future for definite, but he's just not the finished product yet - which is what we need if we have any hopes of top 4. Some of the passes he makes are ridiculous and it's nice to have a young player have that in their locker, last time I saw a youngster with that sort of vision was Cesc.

Declan Rice was outstanding against us. Read every dangerous play and made crucial blocks and interceptions, he has the potential to be a top top DM.

14 hours ago, 'Ah...Lex' said:

Kane is broken and everybody cries in Fantasy Football.

Already got my transfers sorted, I'm flying high so think I'll cope alright. 

37 minutes ago, Roux said:

How the fuck are Monaco 3pts from bottom of Lique 1? What a state they are in - i hope Henry can turn things around. 

I don't think he will, he never impressed me as a pundit on Sky overly - just seems to waffle and mumble slowly trying to sound cool in my opinion. 

I think he is the perfect example of a great player not being able to transfer it to being a great coach - he didn't inherit the best situation admittedly but what's worrying for him is he didn't even get the usual new coach bounce where they throw a little run of points together, I can't see him lasting there.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Already got my transfers sorted, I'm flying high so think I'll cope alright. 

I don't think he will, he never impressed me as a pundit on Sky overly - just seems to waffle and mumble slowly trying to sound cool in my opinion. 

I think he is the perfect example of a great player not being able to transfer it to being a great coach - he didn't inherit the best situation admittedly but what's worrying for him is he didn't even get the usual new coach bounce where they throw a little run of points together, I can't see him lasting there.

I don't think whether he was a good pundit or not really matters when it comes to management e.g Gary Neville is/was seen as the best pundit around and failed terribly at it. 

He did inherit a bad situation - most of his best players were injured (15+ players) and he struggled to put a team together for so many matches. He's brought in some good experience now and its seems Monaco are backing him for now. They got a decent point against Marseille and Fabregas made a big difference. I think they might pull off a shock tonight. 

I can’t stand Henry. Worst pundit I’ve ever seen. Fuck him.

United have Brighton and Burnley home next. What a chance for 8 wins in a row. I reckon we’ll push PSG all the way too but our defence will let us down. I fancy is to score goals against anyone now with that front 3 and Pogba behind. Need to get Sanchez fit and firing. Genuinely one of the best players in the league or has he just got old over night?

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

I can’t stand Henry. Worst pundit I’ve ever seen. Fuck him.

United have Brighton and Burnley home next. What a chance for 8 wins in a row. I reckon we’ll push PSG all the way too but our defence will let us down. I fancy is to score goals against anyone now with that front 3 and Pogba behind. Need to get Sanchez fit and firing. Genuinely one of the best players in the league or has he just got old over night?

I actually think he got old overnight a bit - he didn't have a summer off for about 5-6 years or something? 

I think he's a bit of a Rooney and has burned out early and will struggle to get back to the level he was at 2-3 years back, he can def be better than he has been under Mourinho though - I have no doubt about that. 

1 hour ago, Roux said:

Sanchez would be great in this system, needs to get fit though.

Yep, our defence is going to cost us. We must buy Toby Alderweireld in the summer - he is much better than what we have. 

He’s a no brainer for 25m pal.

We should be all over De Ligt, seems ridiculous that VDS is their director of football and we’re not using that to our advantage. Everyone in game reckons the lad will be the best CB in the world at some point. 

Looks like we’re interested in Militao at Porto. A real talent judging by comments on reddit from Portuguese lads. 

30 minutes ago, Scott. said:

He’s a no brainer for 25m pal.

We should be all over De Ligt, seems ridiculous that VDS is their director of football and we’re not using that to our advantage. Everyone in game reckons the lad will be the best CB in the world at some point. 

Looks like we’re interested in Militao at Porto. A real talent judging by comments on reddit from Portuguese lads. 

De Ligt is outstanding for his age - we should be after him. I would love to see Alderweireld  & Koulibaly at the back with Lindelof and De Ligt as backup. 

I would be happy to sell Lukaku too - if it meant we brought in a top class dynamic forward like Dybala. We need an Aguero type forward imo. 

We're being linked with Piatek from Genoa as a replacement for Arnautovic, supposedly they want £40m and we've offered £31m....could be bullshit but I'd have a bit of him for sure 13 goals in 19 games for a team in 14th, 19 in 21 in all comps. 

Another one the club was looking at is Timo Werner which is pretty laugh out loud, that was quashed very quickly haha. 

18 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

We're being linked with Piatek from Genoa as a replacement for Arnautovic, supposedly they want £40m and we've offered £31m....could be bullshit but I'd have a bit of him for sure 13 goals in 19 games for a team in 14th, 19 in 21 in all comps. 

Another one the club was looking at is Timo Werner which is pretty laugh out loud, that was quashed very quickly haha. 

Honestly - hes going to go to a Champions League club. I heard Real Madrid were close to him and possibly Bayern or Milan. I would be shocked if he didn't go to a top European club. 

His touch is not good enough to play for United. Football is moving on from big centre forwards anyway. 

Do you think Rashford can score 30+ goals a season? I’m not sure. Although his stats shit all over Kane’s at the same ages. They’re totally different players. 

2 minutes ago, Scott. said:

His touch is not good enough to play for United. Football is moving on from big centre forwards anyway. 

Do you think Rashford can score 30+ goals a season? I’m not sure. Although his stats shit all over Kane’s at the same ages. They’re totally different players. 

I don't think he can get 30+ a season, but him Sanchez, Martial, Pogba, Lindgard should be chipping in and all be getting 10/15+ a season. We've always been good at spreading the goals, not so much the last few years.