The Official Football Topic

Cuth

58 minutes ago, Roux said:

Honestly - hes going to go to a Champions League club. I heard Real Madrid were close to him and possibly Bayern or Milan. I would be shocked if he didn't go to a top European club. 

I saw that as well but it looks like we're in for him so guess we will see, probably won't happen but I wouldn't say it's impossible. We'd be a good stepping stone up from Genoa and he'd play every week. 

I think there is only a chance of it happening if Arnie gets sold to China for big bucks. 

7 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I saw that as well but it looks like we're in for him so guess we will see, probably won't happen but I wouldn't say it's impossible. We'd be a good stepping stone up from Genoa and he'd play every week. 

I think there is only a chance of it happening if Arnie gets sold to China for big bucks. 

Could happen - but according to him - he rejected West Ham last summer to go to Genoa instead. I'd imagine alot of clubs will be after him if he's available. 

On 1/28/2019 at 8:04 AM, Roux said:

Him and Chong look very impressive - they need loans right now, they are too good. Also that kid we bought from PSG (last year i think), Troare plays like Pogba. 

Very impressive youngsters coming through. Add Angel Gomes to that list too although he does look very small. Hopefully Ole starts letting these lads get games, proud of the way we promote youth where as Arab fc across the city sell all theirs, same for Chelsea. Two very small clubs. 

Greenwood looks head and shoulders above Rashford at the same age, he looks like a young RVP but with blistering pace. Fucking frightening tbh, he’s fantastic on both feet too. Just hope he can develop the same way Marcus has. Doesn’t always work out, I remember watching Wilson smashing in goals in the youth, Greenwood looks a level above though. 

Anyway 

fuck me ? if Ole survives that then he has got to get the job. He’s talking about winning a cup this week where as Poch is saying spurs don’t need to win anything. That has worried me tbh as I wanted Poch here, I thought he was perfect for United but obviously not. 

On 1/27/2019 at 12:16 PM, Roux said:

Dear god West Ham. Where's Moyes when you need him!

We're still doing alright, about where we should be in the league after that shocking start, playing more exciting football than we were under Moyes though. 

I don't blame the manager, it's the players - they went into the game thinking it was already won. These things happen though, remember when you lads got thumped 4-0 by the fake Wimbledon? it's a West Ham classic getting knocked out by a lower league side, has been happening all my life so I'm used to it. The Arnautovic situation has not helped either.

@Scott. - I appreciate what you're saying about City and Chelsea but other than Rashford who has come through the ranks recently and become a first team regular? the only other one I can think of is Lingard who is 26 now...

Only difference seems to be is that City and Chelsea get some serious coin for their youth prospects that can't make it and Man United's just fade into lower league oblivion. 

I guess that may change with Greenwood, Chong and Gomes but none of these players are playing at the minute so in that sense it's no different to the clubs you've just slagged.

8 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

We're still doing alright, about where we should be in the league after that shocking start, playing more exciting football than we were under Moyes though. 

I don't blame the manager, it's the players - they went into the game thinking it was already won. These things happen though, remember when you lads got thumped 4-0 by the fake Wimbledon? it's a West Ham classic getting knocked out by a lower league side, has been happening all my life so I'm used to it. The Arnautovic situation has not helped either.

@Scott. - I appreciate what you're saying about City and Chelsea but other than Rashford who has come through the ranks recently and become a first team regular? the only other one I can think of is Lingard who is 26 now...

Only difference seems to be is that City and Chelsea get some serious coin for their youth prospects that can't make it and Man United's just fade into lower league oblivion. 

I guess that may change with Greenwood, Chong and Gomes but none of these players are playing at the minute so in that sense it's no different to the clubs you've just slagged.

I’m talking about historically and also giving the lads an opportunity and if they’re not good enough we move them on. Mctominay is another. He’s not good enough imo but the lad has had loads of games for us. City don’t even give the likes of Sancho a chance ffs

I'd prefer our youth players to be playing rather than being a cash cow - i think most teams would to be fair. 

You probably have more chance to play in the first team with United, Arsenal & Spurs - maybe Liverpool. No chance at Chelsea or City. 

No idea whether any of these will make it - but they look promising. Hard to believe Rashford is still only 21 and had 4 seasons under his belt. 

If Ole gets rid of Fellaini to China - i will absolutely adore the man. 

Poor team selection tonight. I knew we’d find it difficult but didn’t expect to lose it ffs. Some seriously shit players in our squad. 

Liverpool have just won the league too. City are pathetic. No fight in the cunts. 

Edit

2-2 what a comeback. Still a shit result. We’ve been getting gradually worse at OT game after game. We’re much better away. We will lamp Leicester on the weekend watch