The Official Football Topic

Cuth

14 minutes ago, Roux said:

In

Alderweireld (CB) - no brainer

Koulibaly (CB) - no brainer. 

Sancho (RW) - one of the best young players i've seen in recent years. 

Milinkovic-Savic (CM) - long term replacement for Herrera/Matic 

Militao (RB) - him and Dalot would be good options at RB. Both young, quick and strong. 

I would also take a punt on Gerard Deulofeu (RW) - a player I've always liked. Good on the ball, always dangerous and pacey. We are so thin at RW that i think he would be a good option and not cost an excessive amount. 

Out

Lukaku

Rojo

Jones

Valencia

Darmian

McTominey (Loan)

Mata

What you thinking?

I’m thinking 

In

Koulibaly

Sancho

Neves

Bisakka

Alderweireld

out

Lukaku

Rojo

Darmian

Valencia 

Jones

Mata

4 minutes ago, Scott. said:

I’m thinking 

In

Koulibaly

Sancho

Neves

Bisakka

Alderweireld

out

Lukaku

Rojo

Darmian

Valencia 

Jones

Mata

I think your In's are probably more realistic than mine. Neves is the kind of player Ole would love to work with in this counter-attacking style. 

3 minutes ago, Roux said:

I think your In's are probably more realistic than mine. Neves is the kind of player Ole would love to work with in this counter-attacking style. 

I hope the board backs him. I’m quite excited to see who he’d target. I noticed he name checked Brooks when we played Bournemouth. He’s a lovely footballer but don’t see where he fits in? He’s not quick enough to play RW. 

We need more in than 4/5 but was trying to be realistic. I’d want to upgrade Matic and Shaw too tbh

2 minutes ago, Scott. said:

I hope the board backs him. I’m quite excited to see who he’d target. I noticed he name checked Brooks when we played Bournemouth. He’s a lovely footballer but don’t see where he fits in? He’s not quick enough to play RW. 

We need more in than 4/5 but was trying to be realistic. I’d want to upgrade Matic and Shaw too tbh

I think they will now - he's put himself firmly in the driving seat - i think the honeymoon period has passed and even with setbacks he can go on a run again, the style of football is too good. Maybe with a DoF appointment, that person can take care of signings leaving Ole/Mike to manage the team. Seems clear from last summer that Woodward is happy to spend a shitload of money, but only on players who are real quality and under 30 (he said this in one of the conference calls) I think Sanchez will be one of the last 30yo signings unless a crazy deal comes along that is too good to turn down (i.e Alderweireld). 

Got no complaints about that tonight. They’re much better than us. We’re a good 2/3 transfers widows from getting to that level, worries the life out of me though when we’re giving Jones/Smalling/Young new contracts. They’d get nowhere near PSGs reserves ffs. That’s the levels we’re talking about and seems like we are way off. 

Psg will go far. Thought they were excellent and looked solid at the back. 

We need to bounce back quick now or we could potentially lose the next 3 games and then that will be 4 on the bounce and the season goes to shit. Lingard and martial injured too ffs. That’s worse than the result 

Game was over when Lingard and Martial went off.

Mata is not a winger and Sanchez is absolutely finished, such an alarming decline - I know he's 30 and had played but a lot of football but what the fuck has happened to him? Can't remember the last time I saw him even beat a man.

I think you would of stood more chance against them with Neymar and Cavani in the team, they're all good playing them both against a load of French farmers but in the big games against good opposition PSG often look a lot less solid as they basically have three players acting and defending like strikers with them and Mbappe.

Fucked after Lingard and Martial went off - was a pretty even contest at halftime. After that we lost all our intensity and speed, PSG deserved to win. 

Thought Shaw, Herrera and Matic had good games. 

Would have liked more consistency in the Referee, Kimpembe should have been sent off. 

33 minutes ago, Roux said:

Would have liked more consistency in the Referee, Kimpembe should have been sent off. 

Agreed, was saying to my mate last night that he was so card happy giving the first yellow to everyone but didn't have the bottle to give anyone the second. 

Kimpembe could of walked twice, Pogba could of been sent off before he was as well and Young maybe as well.

The Pogba sending off was an easy cop out, doing it when the game and potentially the tie is finished.

Thought the ref was poor overall to be honest and could easily of let the game flow a lot more than he did.

9 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Agreed, was saying to my mate last night that he was so card happy giving the first yellow to everyone but didn't have the bottle to give anyone the second. 

Kimpembe could of walked twice, Pogba could of been sent off before he was as well and Young maybe as well.

The Pogba sending off was an easy cop out, doing it when the game and potentially the tie is finished.

Thought the ref was poor overall to be honest and could easily of let the game flow a lot more than he did.

Yeah its a big European tie - let it go. To be honest i think no player for either side should have been sent off, the game should have had 2-3 yellows and that's it. But the Ref set the tone by being way too card happy in the first 15 mins and then wasn't consistent with actual fouls. obviously we still would have lost, but it made it a really stop/start petty game. 

Yeah the ref fucked the game. Just let it flow you cunt. I thought it was pretty even first half tbh but you could see they were much better on the ball, we’re not technically very good. It was so obvious Di Maria would have a good game, dunno why we bothered giving him shit. Just ignore the cunt. 

Our back four are wank. Lindelof needs a world class partner and we need two quality full backs. It would transform us. Shaw is technically awful imo, he looks terrified of the ball, as soon as he gets it he wants to get rid. 

Herrera and Matic need upgrading too, although they had decent games you can see they’re way out of their depth in games like this. 

Like I said we’re a good 2/3 windows away from being a class side. 

26 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Yeah the ref fucked the game. Just let it flow you cunt. I thought it was pretty even first half tbh but you could see they were much better on the ball, we’re not technically very good. It was so obvious Di Maria would have a good game, dunno why we bothered giving him shit. Just ignore the cunt. 

Our back four are wank. Lindelof needs a world class partner and we need two quality full backs. It would transform us. Shaw is technically awful imo, he looks terrified of the ball, as soon as he gets it he wants to get rid. 

Herrera and Matic need upgrading too, although they had decent games you can see they’re way out of their depth in games like this. 

Like I said we’re a good 2/3 windows away from being a class side. 

I was actually happy with the back 4 and the 3 midfielders - i thought they weren't overly stretched or getting carved open, Mbappe had one burst through, but Lidelof did well to stop him progressing any further. The biggest problem for me was the front 3, Rashford couldn't hold up the ball, Martial was ineffective and Lingard's passing was not good enough. We got in some good counter attacking positions and just panicked and rushed when those 3 received the ball. Rashford was giving the ball away all night, to be fair to him Silva was outstanding. 

@Roux is Rashford good enough to lead the line? He’s still learning on the job. 

Do you trust the club to do the right thing and appoint a DOF? A proper one not a joking one like David Beckham or some shit. We need a plan in place, players should be bought in to fit the club not the manager, our squad is still littered with 4 managers players ffs. We’re so disjointed. 

I’m not sure the powers that be care that much to do any of this and will just be happy picking up 4th and the odd fa cup and that fucking terrifies me. 

12 hours ago, Scott. said:

@Roux is Rashford good enough to lead the line? He’s still learning on the job. 

Do you trust the club to do the right thing and appoint a DOF? A proper one not a joking one like David Beckham or some shit. We need a plan in place, players should be bought in to fit the club not the manager, our squad is still littered with 4 managers players ffs. We’re so disjointed. 

I’m not sure the powers that be care that much to do any of this and will just be happy picking up 4th and the odd fa cup and that fucking terrifies me. 

I think so - at the moment he's just doing enough, he misses alot, but in 2/3 years time we could have a world class striker on our hands. 

I have no idea about a DoF, i think its best to let the manager pick who he needs - but maybe times have changed and we need some who can identify what the team needs objectively. 

I trust Ole, based on dropping/selling Fellaini and dropping Lukaku - he's only wants 'traditional' United players.. quick and direct. 

I'm pretty sure they care - i believe they want to see United on top again, i think they'll be big investment in the summer. 

I think a DOF is crucial and we’re in this mess because we don’t have one. There should be a united man at the top making decisions purely to benefit the football side of things, we should be signing players that fit the mold of United, were in a situation now where we have 4 managers players and it’s a shambles. Van gaal did a lot of good things but fuck me he signed some shockers and it’s been tough to get rid of them. 

2 hours ago, Scott. said:

I think a DOF is crucial and we’re in this mess because we don’t have one. There should be a united man at the top making decisions purely to benefit the football side of things, we should be signing players that fit the mold of United, were in a situation now where we have 4 managers players and it’s a shambles. Van gaal did a lot of good things but fuck me he signed some shockers and it’s been tough to get rid of them. 

Yeah it might help - i have no idea what the club want or this was something Jose wanted. Recruitment has to be alot better -  but i guess there's still an element of luck. We have a good scouting network. 

2 hours ago, Roux said:

Yeah it might help - i have no idea what the club want or this was something Jose wanted. Recruitment has to be alot better -  but i guess there's still an element of luck. We have a good scouting network. 

Do we? We never seem to be in for these youngsters. 

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

Do we? We never seem to be in for these youngsters. 

We got Dalot, Chong, Traore etc they seemed to have quite a following around Europe. Martial was probaby the most known one in recent years - nobody had ever hear of him before we signed him.