The Official Football Topic

Cuth

What you think of Fred? @Roux

I actually like him, there’s a good player in there. He just needs to settle himself down but he’s got an eye for a pass. We’ll see the best of him next season. I’d like to see him get a run of games now. 

1 minute ago, Scott. said:

What you think of Fred? @Roux

I actually like him, there’s a good player in there. He just needs to settle himself down but he’s got an eye for a pass. We’ll see the best of him next season. I’d like to see him get a run of games now. 

I love him - his energy is good and his technical ability is excellent, he needs to play more or take his chances when they come. The PSG game gave him so much confidence. Thought he was one of the few better players for us yesterday. 

4 minutes ago, Roux said:

I love him - his energy is good and his technical ability is excellent, he needs to play more or take his chances when they come. The PSG game gave him so much confidence. Thought he was one of the few better players for us yesterday. 

Yeah defo. He won the ball back a lot too and high up the pitch. We need legs at DM. Kante would be the dream. 

1 hour ago, Roux said:

Realistically we should be out of sight - Ole's done great to get us this close. 

Every week from now the top 6 positions could change - this league is brilliant. 

I'm still astounded you guys will lose Ramsey for nothing - what a top quality player. The fact he wanted to stay makes it even worse. 

Absolutely gutted he's going, just glad it's not a PL rival. I thought he was the best player on the pitch yesterday. 

He doesn't get the credit he deserves, he's an actual legend for us. 2x FA Cup winning goals, always wears his heart on his sleeve and came back from a career threatening injury. 

He and Santi are possibly my favourite 2 players of the Emirates era. 

30 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

He's not worth the money he wanted so I can see why you let him go to be honest. 

Ozil and Ramsey on a combined £700k a week for a club that keeps their pursestrings as tight as Arsenal would of caused big issues. 

To be fair, there are only 2 or 3 footballers worth the money they're on!

I'm pleased he got a massive deal, he goes unnoticed by many but that 13/14 season was one of the best I've ever seen from a CM at Arsenal, 16 Goals and 10 Assists is Lampard-esque, this is also a season where he missed 3 months to injury.

Yeah that season he was a fucking freak. It’s a one off though. I have to say Wenger did shove him out wide quite a lot. A bit like when scholes was on the right wing fit England. Fucking mental and injuries have always faked him over. He’s so good at those late runs in the box, he’s a fucking nightmare to pick up. He always plays well against United too. 

I don't think he was ever asking for an insurmountable offer - the gave him a contract, Ramsey accepted and then the club withdrew the offer. Seems like Emery never really fancied him - he benched him so many times this season. They a a much better team when he's playing. IMO, Ozil is the first player i would let go. 

12 minutes ago, prankerd14 said:

Zidane is back at madrid ! That was quick! Hes going to spend big this summer

They’re skint mate. They will be banking on selling Bale for 100m. 

I wonder where bale will end up, I really hope Woodward doesn’t chase him all summer ffs

Bale seems to be linked with united every bloody year! Is he even worth the money anymore?

I can see bale, kroos, marcelo on the way out and hazard, Eriksson brought in, they must have some money, because zidane isnt stupid hes going to want a rebuild, he knew that team was on its way out before he left..

I'd probably stay away from Bale if I were Man United.

He'll be 30 in the summer and will probably ask for a 4 year deal (at least) on mega wages which could lead you paying a player well past his best mega wages, similar to Sanchez. Would probably represent a good signing for a year or two but I could see him just being a drain in the last couple years of any deal he signs. 

He's also always been injury prone which is another issue. 

Bale's overall career in Real though has been average to bad. It's no coincidence that with every coach he's been benched sooner or later. He's had some games here and there where he was phenomenal or made some phenomenal plays but overall he's surely not worth paying 100 mil and the huge wage he will demand. I know someone is gonna pay though that's the way football is right now. I guess he will be a lot better in england the fast football suits him more.

So happy for Zizou to be back though. My favorite player ever and the reason I was supporting Real and the france national team(2nd to greece of course :lol:) since I was a kid. Seriously one of the goats if not the goat.

• Like 1

I think paying 100m for someone who scored the winner against Barca in the Spanish cup to win it and also scored the crucial goal in the first of his CL wins and then went on to score the greatest CL goal of all time and then scored another to seal the win against Liverpool for another CL win is pretty good going. That’s worth 100m imo. 

But then again your club are the most spoiled awful club going behind the oil clubs. Never seen such an awful set of fans in my life. Why the fuck anyone would want to join Madrid is beyond me. 

Classic, the plastic Greek Real Madrid fan turns up when there is a bit of good news, standard.

Bale would be a good signing to begin with I think but would represent less value for money as time goes on. Towards the end of his contract Man United would probably be paying him £400k(ish) a week when he is 34/35 and well past his best. 

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

I think paying 100m for someone who scored the winner against Barca in the Spanish cup to win it and also scored the crucial goal in the first of his CL wins and then went on to score the greatest CL goal of all time and then scored another to seal the win against Liverpool for another CL win is pretty good going. That’s worth 100m imo. 

But then again your club are the most spoiled awful club going behind the oil clubs. Never seen such an awful set of fans in my life. Why the fuck anyone would want to join Madrid is beyond me. 

Money talks unfortunately. The problem with Bale is he was bought in to eventually replace Ronaldo, it's unrealistic expectations.

Ronaldo is a freak, he's made himself one of the greatest of all time through hardwork and commitment. He hasn't got the natural ability of Messi but it's a credit to him that he even competed with him for the Balon d'Or so often. 

Any player that is bought in to be the "New" star is always put under too much scrutiny and unfairly compared to them. 

Bale is a great player, if you can't see that then you are living in cloud cuckoo. 

• Like 1

Now they'll replace Bale with Hazard!  

i like Bale, he's racked up alot of games (and goals) despite those injuries. We have a gaping hole at RW that we desperately need filled with a world class player. I think its dumb to compare him to Sanchez - people act like every player we've bought around 30yo and maybe injury prone has been a failure - just look at RVP, Larson, Ibra, Sheringham etc. For around the 50m price i would take him. However, i do think the days of United signing 30 year old's are over - but Bale might be an exception if we can get rid of Sanchez in the summer. 

37 minutes ago, Roux said:

Now they'll replace Bale with Hazard!  

i like Bale, he's racked up alot of games (and goals) despite those injuries. We have a gaping hole at RW that we desperately need filled with a world class player. I think its dumb to compare him to Sanchez - people act like every player we've bought around 30yo and maybe injury prone has been a failure - just look at RVP, Larson, Ibra, Sheringham etc. For around the 50m price i would take him. However, i do think the days of United signing 30 year old's are over - but Bale might be an exception if we can get rid of Sanchez in the summer. 

100%. We just need someone for the time being. Sancho would be great but he would stop Greenwood potentially coming through. I’d rather we went for a 28/29 year old RW and bring Greenwood through