The Official Football Topic

Cuth

31 minutes ago, petros said:

Ronaldo never said anything directly to anyone neither named a different team. If real madrid wanted to keep him they would.

Lucky champion leagues when it's 4 in 5 years and never done before :lol: do you even listen to yourself? Shit times? Well we have reguilon, asensio, isco, vinicious, cortois and navas, carvajal, kroos, casemiro, varane. All top class players still in their primes or young talent that can be top in a few years. I think we're pretty fine man, one bad year after 5 years of dominating everyone in europe isn't that bad.

The only valid point you did make though is that he probably says that to get a bigger contract. Still no madrid player now would say something like that and still be in the team.

Yeah I'd say there has been a fair amount of luck in those wins

18/19 win - nearly completely fluffed the second leg in the quarters and then got a massive helping hand from Karius in the final
15/16 win - scrapped through against fucking Wolfsburg and then won the final on penalties
13/14 win - 94th minute equaliser to take the final to extra time

None of the players you have listed can do what Ronaldo did for you though can they? he carried your team to those Champions League wins with a bit of help from Ramos and Modric, now he's gone and the other two are getting on a bit it's all gone to shit, haven't seen any of these players really step up and take the mantle this year - they're good players but they do not have the character, ability and leadership that the three players mentioned above do. 

You've managed to spell a lot of those players names wrong as well, pretty impressive stuff!

14 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Yeah I'd say there has been a fair amount of luck in those wins

18/19 win - nearly completely fluffed the second leg in the quarters and then got a massive helping hand from Karius in the final
15/16 win - scrapped through against fucking Wolfsburg and then won the final on penalties
13/14 win - 94th minute equaliser to take the final to extra time

None of the players you have listed can do what Ronaldo did for you though can they? he carried your team to those Champions League wins with a bit of help from Ramos and Modric, now he's gone and the other two are getting on a bit it's all gone to shit, haven't seen any of these players really step up and take the mantle this year - they're good players but they do not have the character, ability and leadership that the three players mentioned above do. 

You've managed to spell a lot of those players names wrong as well, pretty impressive stuff!

For real my apologies for the wrong spelling I was walking while typing that post didn't bother to be careful with spelling.

Well it happened again and again it can't be luck. We had the better team and deserved all those wins. We can call it luck we can call it the heart of champions or whatever the fact of the matter is this team won 4 trophies in 5 years something almost all clubs haven't done in their entire history.

And you're absolutely right about these players not being able to step up this year though I'm not saying the team is fine right now. I'm saying that with some good signings it will get better. We don't need a whole rebuild like bayern or barcelona(especially after messi slows down) or united after Ferguson left. The pieces are already there. Two or three good signings and the team is back at top level. So no shitty years ahead for Real Madrid fans as you hoped sorry :lol: 

Bayern and Barca doing serious business.

barca have got De Jong, Faves to sign De Ligt and interested in Jovic

Bayern are signing Pavard, Lucas Hernandez and strong interest in Pepe from Lille.

Madrid are going to rebuild, hazard is nailed on

meanwhile united won’t have a manager or a director of football in place. Fucking classic united. Absolute circus of a club 

I wouldn´t say Madrid was lucky winning that 4 champions, but i think they played bad football trough those years, and sacrified la liga many times, i liked Ancelotti´s team but Zidane i think is boring, and they relied mostly on Ronaldo´s goals, now that that he´s gone they should have sign a true striker and didn´t sign anyone, Bale+Benzema+Asensio+Isco+Vinicius<CR7

Is it weird that I actually welcome/enjoy the international break now - I've always hated qualifiers but watching these young lads come together and seem like they genuinely enjoy playing for England is great. 

Wales got a great chance of getting through I think Scott, looks to me like last years World Cup was the final push for that ageing Croatian side. Only thing I question is whether Giggs is that good of a manager.

9 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Is it weird that I actually welcome/enjoy the international break now - I've always hated qualifiers but watching these young lads come together and seem like they genuinely enjoy playing for England is great. 

Wales got a great chance of getting through I think Scott, looks to me like last years World Cup was the final push for that ageing Croatian side. Only thing I question is whether Giggs is that good of a manager.

Exciting times for both England and Wales. Wales have some seriously good lads coming through now. What a player Brooks is. 

I don’t rate giggs mate. I’ve seen enough already tbh to know he’s not good enough. I think we’ll be better in the long run because he’s playing youngsters and giving lads caps before England come knocking. Good 3 pts yesterday but we weren’t very good tbh and Bale was the worst player on the pitch. Our group is wide open. Not sure Hungary beating Croatia is a good thing tbh

England on the other hand look fucking excellent, they’ve got some seriously good kids coming through, I thought France would win something when they had that batch of kids coming through and was right and I have the same feeling for England too. Portugal also have some excellent youngsters coming through. I fancy England or Portugal for next World Cup. 

One weakness for England is the midfield. I don’t rate it. Declan Rice needs to come straight into that midfield. 

Fair play to Southgate too. Most England managers would still be playing Rooney ffs

Another good win last night, great to see Declan get his first start - did most things right and was tidy which is all you can ask for from a Defensive Midfielder in a relatively easy game.

Hopefully he can make that place his own before the Euros, he's def good enough too if he continues to develop. 

Sterling is an absolute king at the minute as well, on and off the pitch.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Another good win last night, great to see Declan get his first start - did most things right and was tidy which is all you can ask for from a Defensive Midfielder in a relatively easy game.

Hopefully he can make that place his own before the Euros, he's def good enough too if he continues to develop. 

Sterling is an absolute king at the minute as well, on and off the pitch.

Who’s your first 11 for England atm? And what formation?

1 minute ago, Scott. said:

Who’s your first 11 for England atm? And what formation?

It depends on who we play really, against some teams I think we can do 4-1-4-1 and the stronger teams would probably be more of a 4-3-3 when attacking/4-5-1 when defending. I honestly struggle to pick the team itself to be honest, lot of good options in most positions, I think over the next 12-18 months we should start to see the best 11 coming together. 

They were talking about the full backs other day during the game and fuck me you’ve got some options there. 

Walker, Trippier, Rose, Shaw, Chilwell, Bisakka, Arnold. 

Crazy.

Bisakka and Arnold would be my two if one of them could play left back. I think they will be the best two. I don’t rate Walker at all. I also think Pickford is wank, Heaton or Pope much better.

“Unfortunately, we are talking about a commercial club, not a football club. I spoke to Ferguson about this and in his last years, he also had problems with it."

LvG dropping truth nukes in an interview.

barca and Bayern are on a hell of a rebuild job because they’re proper football clubs who want to be the best. United are a fucking joke. Biggest club in the world my fucking arse. Biggest cash cow. I fcking hate the glazers and Woodward. Honestly wouldn’t be surprised if we signed no one in the summer. The only signing we’ll make is a fucking Japanese sushi sponsorship. CUNTS

2 hours ago, Scott. said:

@...Dan... how good can Declan Rice be? Where do you see his future? DM or CB?

I think he is def good enough to play for a top 4 team already, he is young and will make mistakes but he really has everything needed to be a top holding midfielder.

I'm not sure really, when he started playing in centre midfield I was adamant his best position is centre back but now I'm starting to think he will be a midfielder.

I think he is the perfect replacement for Fernandinho to be honest and after the way we played on Saturday I would 100% not blame him for wanting a move.