The Official Football Topic

Cuth

Henderson gets so much stick but he's a fucking good player, clearly great for the dressing room and works his absolute tits off for the team.

Despite some of his limitations I'd take him over a show pony who only plays for himself that can't be arsed half of the time, like him or loathe him, he would walk into the Man United team and would also be captain. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Roux said:

No he wouldn't. don't be daft - i know he played well and whatever but lets not get carried away. 

Really? state of your midfield and Ashley Young is your captain...you're honestly saying he wouldn't be one of your central midfield three? I get that by obligation you should hate Liverpool captain but you should take off those tinted specs for a minute. 

He would be an asset to any Premier League squad, Man City included. 

There is a lot more to being a great player than natural ability, what Henderson lacks in that he makes up for in other areas, in fact a player like him in the middle of the park is EXACTLY what Man United need right now.

26 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Really? state of your midfield and Ashley Young is your captain...you're honestly saying he wouldn't be one of your central midfield three? I get that by obligation you should hate Liverpool captain but you should take off those tinted specs for a minute. 

He would be an asset to any Premier League squad, Man City included. 

There is a lot more to being a great player than natural ability, what Henderson lacks in that he makes up for in other areas, in fact a player like him in the middle of the park is EXACTLY what Man United need right now.

He wouldn't - Pogba, Herrera and Matic are all better.

Im not sure if you were alluding to Pogba? but sounds like you said you would take him over Pogba any-day - which is just deluded really. A World Cup winner that only 2 months ago people were saying he's one of the best midfielders in the world for 15-20 odd games. I've never seen a player get so much stick.  

Herrera would be my captain - he exhibits everything you just mentioned in terms of leadership etc. Do you not agree? He's proven you wrong time and time again. Obviously he's most likely going to PSG, but if we are talking about this season and as of right now - Herrera is a huge upgrade on Henderson. No surprise that we have been horrendous when he's been out of the side the last few weeks - Liverpool without Henderson are far better imo. 

25 minutes ago, Roux said:

He wouldn't - Pogba, Herrera and Matic are all better.

Im not sure if you were alluding to Pogba? but sounds like you said you would take him over Pogba any-day - which is just deluded really. A World Cup winner that only 2 months ago people were saying he's one of the best midfielders in the world for 15-20 odd games. I've never seen a player get so much stick.  

Herrera would be my captain - he exhibits everything you just mentioned in terms of leadership etc. Do you not agree? He's proven you wrong time and time again. Obviously he's most likely going to PSG, but if we are talking about this season and as of right now - Herrera is a huge upgrade on Henderson. No surprise that we have been horrendous when he's been out of the side the last few weeks - Liverpool without Henderson are far better imo. 

Pogba is undoubtedly more talented but there is something seriously wrong with his mentality, seems to down tools far too easily when things aren't going his way. When the team are struggling and need their star man to step up, where does he go? he should be dragging the team by the scruff of the neck but he hides and sulks. Henderson continuously makes the best of his ability, can you honestly say the same about Pogba? never underestimate mentality and effort over ability, think you're putting too much emphasis on the former with this argument. 

Herrera is a decent player and probably better than I initially gave credit for, he would be a good captain for similar reasons as Henderson but I do think you overstate how good he is. Calling Herrera a huge upgrade on Henderson is absolutely ridiculous, you can prefer one or the other but saying one is so much better than the other is ridiculous. 

Matic was better, he isn't anymore, he limbs around the pitch these days and doesn't really offer anything.

Klopp is a great manager and has built a pretty formidable Liverpool side, do you think he would have Henderson as his captain if he was rubbish and offered nothing? you can tell he fucking loves him too, I highly doubt he would of been kept around this long he offers as little as you make out. 

15 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Pogba is undoubtedly more talented but there is something seriously wrong with his mentality, seems to down tools far too easily when things aren't going his way. When the team are struggling and need their star man to step up, where does he go? he should be dragging the team by the scruff of the neck but he hides and sulks. Henderson continuously makes the best of his ability, can you honestly say the same about Pogba? 

Herrera is a decent player and probably better than I initially gave credit for, he would be a good captain for similar reasons as Henderson but I do think you overstate how good he is. Calling Herrera a huge upgrade on Henderson is absolutely ridiculous, you can prefer one or the other but saying one is so much better than the other is ridiculous. 

Matic was better, he isn't anymore, he limbs around the pitch these days and doesn't really offer anything.

Klopp is a great manager and has built a pretty formidable Liverpool side, do you think he would have Henderson as his captain if he was rubbish and offered nothing? you can tell he fucking loves him too, I highly doubt he would of been kept around this long he offers as little as you make out. 

He can't do it all himself though - hes playing in a side with poor centrebacks, poor wing-backs, no RW, an inconsistent LW and a young raw ST. I think he gets far too much stick when half the players around him are just poor. Recently, hes ones of the few players that actually tries and plays like he cares - despite what people say. Of course he's capable of more - but he's not playing with players with the same desire/ability. 

I don't think i overstate him - i think he's one of the most underrated players in the league. We are a far far better team with him in the side - thats factual statistically and visually when watching United. He's miles ahead of a player who runs around like a headless chicken. 

Yep - Klopp is also the same manager who knew Liverpool's biggest weakness was their previous GK and Henderson - he upgraded both and now they are a far better team. This is the same player Barca exploited last week - had Keita not been injured then last night would have been alot easier. 

Messi imo will go down as the biggest choker in the history of football. No other big player has had so many collapses on huge matches like he has. I know his fans wanna put the blame on everyone else but him(higuain, valverde etc) but still if they have him as high as the goat they should expect him to step up on big games. I don't care about ronaldo personally but at least the last 5 years or so he stepped up on huge games and proved he is a leader something messi only shows on some copa del rey finals or against sevilla or something.

What do you guys think? Who's your goat? I have Ronaldo over Messi but I can't really pick one to be the goat. I have Pele, Maradona, Zidane and Ronaldo as my best players ever.

29 minutes ago, petros said:

Messi imo will go down as the biggest choker in the history of football. No other big player has had so many collapses on huge matches like he has. I know his fans wanna put the blame on everyone else but him(higuain, valverde etc) but still if they have him as high as the goat they should expect him to step up on big games. I don't care about ronaldo personally but at least the last 5 years or so he stepped up on huge games and proved he is a leader something messi only shows on some copa del rey finals or against sevilla or something.

What do you guys think? Who's your goat? I have Ronaldo over Messi but I can't really pick one to be the goat. I have Pele, Maradona, Zidane and Ronaldo as my best players ever.

He really won't.

Messi was better early/mid 20's, Ronaldo better the latter years after that. Both are pretty even now imo. 

Barca are nowhere near the force they used to be though, be he pretty much single handily destroyed United and Liverpool (the first leg). 

Ronaldo and Messi both best of all time imo. 

Don't get me wrong messi is a wonderful player but there's always something with him He always shines against smaller teams and when the stage is big it ends up being too big for him. Look at all the collapses with Argentina. Barca hasn't been good the last years or so but still thats no excuse to blow a 4-1 and 3-0 lead in consecutive years. Messi had his chances last night but couldn't make them. Idk as good as he is he doesn't have the character imo to be the goat. The talent is definitely there. He's not a leader and never will be. And to me that's a huge part to the goat conversation.

Wow. That was unbelievable. Especially coming back to back from yesterday's match. No matter how much I love the nba, it will never even touch football. That was amazing.

Let's go Liverpool now! Love that two English teams are back in the final. Too much barca and real the last years! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Scott. said:

That was fucking insane. I’d rather spurs play Liverpool, Ajax would of got smashed. Spurs tricky game for pool

Yeah I'm a lot more sketched out now. The only reason we beat them in the league was due to fluke goal keeping. 

Does anyone know if Kane will be back?

1 hour ago, BoogieMan said:

Yeah I'm a lot more sketched out now. The only reason we beat them in the league was due to fluke goal keeping. 

Does anyone know if Kane will be back?

Did you see him sprinting across the pitch? I’d say so

Watching Liverpool the other night and the relationship between Klopp and the players and then seeing Poch with his players and then thinking about our shower of cunts, I fucking hate them all. I’m so depressed about United atm, makes me fucking sick that these overpaid cunts can’t put a shift in for a club like United. I can’t wrap my head around it.