The Official Football Topic

Cuth

I see City have financially doped their way to another trophy. That score line is embarrassing for English football. The league was a one off this year, they’ll probably win it about 6/7 times in a row. Yay. Best league in the world ?We now become like every other shit league in Europe because they’re allowed to be funded by a state. 

Only club that can stop it is United but we’re run by clowns so that’s a non starter. 

Guardiola is a fantastic coach but is there any chance he can take a challenge? I guarantee you his next job will be taking over the 8 times in a row Serie A winners Juventus ? what a challenge 

On 5/18/2019 at 7:10 PM, Scott. said:

I see City have financially doped their way to another trophy. That score line is embarrassing for English football. The league was a one off this year, they’ll probably win it about 6/7 times in a row. Yay. Best league in the world ?We now become like every other shit league in Europe because they’re allowed to be funded by a state. 

Only club that can stop it is United but we’re run by clowns so that’s a non starter. 

Guardiola is a fantastic coach but is there any chance he can take a challenge? I guarantee you his next job will be taking over the 8 times in a row Serie A winners Juventus ? what a challenge 

When you're the best you earn the right to manage the best, he's not exactly going to take over Leyton Orient is he? 

To be fair he hardly took over a City side at the peak of their powers, they had just scraped 4th on goal difference and had an aging squad.

Sure he's had a lot of money but as you guys have proved, you have to spend it right and there is no denying that he improves players, Sterling is 10x the player he was before Pep came. 

Supposedly Pogba is willing to take a pay cut to force a move to Real Madrid, that's pretty damning as we all know how much footballers love money. What's happened to this Dan James story? he was meant to be signing like a week ago but all seems to have gone dead?

Transfer rumours are going my fucking head in already. Journos are fucking insufferable cunts aren’t they. That must be the easiest fucking job on the planet. 

Drink a shot every time you read ‘preparing a bid’ or ‘trigger the release clause’ or ‘have sent scouts to watch’ 

bla bla bla. Fucking useless cunts. Complete guesswork from 80% of the cunts. There’s a few who are ITK but most of them are completely stealing a living 

Pre-match nerves starting to kick in now, what you saying @2point5 ? A lot hangs on whether Kante is fit for me, if he's injured and Laca, Auba and Ozil are on form then I think we will win.

Would you go 3-2-2-1-2 or 4-2-3-1? we dominated them at the Emirates when it was 4-2-3-1, but my worry is that as good and as fast as Maitland-Niles is, nullifying Hazard in what will most likely be his last game for Chelsea will be unbelievably difficult. If we have a back 4 it leaves him very vulnerable. 

Chelsea will win for me, think Hazard will want to go out with a bang and will turn it on - he's the best player in the league and could rip the Gooners defence to absolute pieces if he's in the mood, Chelsea also have a better defence than Arsenal.

If Emery had any balls he would drop Cech and play Leno, no room for nostalgia now - he needs to play his best 11.

Emery does love the Europa League though so you never know...

30 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

If Emery had any balls he would drop Cech and play Leno

100% agree with this, it really isn't the time to be sentimental, especially for a player that has such a huge history with Chelsea. 

I think both Arsenal and Chelsea have weak defences that are vulnerable, which should make it an entertaining match.

41 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Think arsenal will win easily 

I really hope so, and I can't wait.

8 hours ago, Bucko said:

Pre-match nerves starting to kick in now, what you saying @2point5 ? A lot hangs on whether Kante is fit for me, if he's injured and Laca, Auba and Ozil are on form then I think we will win.

Would you go 3-2-2-1-2 or 4-2-3-1? we dominated them at the Emirates when it was 4-2-3-1, but my worry is that as good and as fast as Maitland-Niles is, nullifying Hazard in what will most likely be his last game for Chelsea will be unbelievably difficult. If we have a back 4 it leaves him very vulnerable. 

I’m not feeling the nerves yet. Tomorrow will be a different story though. Feel we’re more than capable of winning it. Need to keep hazard quiet and take our chances. Whatever the formation he needs to start Auba and Laca together again. Those 2 can single handedly win us the game if they’re on form. 

• Like 1

Yeah hazard is a top player but people overrate him. He’s nowhere hitting the numbers he should be for goals and assists. You’d swear people think he’s as good as ronaldo was for United and he’s nowhere near that level

17 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Yeah hazard is a top player but people overrate him. He’s nowhere hitting the numbers he should be for goals and assists. You’d swear people think he’s as good as ronaldo was for United and he’s nowhere near that level

There is more to just judging a player on goals and assists, his touch, movement and how he draws players and creates space for others is second to none. 

16 goals and 15 assists this season is hardly a bad return either from a player that has been played out of position loads if statistics are what floats your boat. 

No one is saying he is better than Ronaldo but he is the third best player in the world for me, I might even make an argument for him being second behind Messi currently as there is so much more to his game than Ronaldo now (who lets face is it is basically a poacher now)

32 minutes ago, Scott. said:

I think he's just playing in a poor team - i think his stats are pretty good for a wide player. He all-round game is incredible. Ronaldo and Messi always had world class players around them - Chelsea don't have any.

I agree with Dan that he's the 3rd best player in the world - for him to be first he needs to move clubs. 

This is what annoys me with the whole "best in the world" / "Balon D'or", look at all the players you're naming. Every one of them a goal scoring striker or winger, every player is judged on goals and assists to be best in the world.

Kante has been a top 3 player in the world  in the last few seasons(except this season as he's been out of position). His importance to Leicester and Chelsea's title winning seasons was paramount.

Players like Phillip Lahm never get the credit they deserve because of the position they played, yet for me he is one of the most best and consistent players of my life time. 

37 minutes ago, Bucko said:

This is what annoys me with the whole "best in the world" / "Balon D'or", look at all the players you're naming. Every one of them a goal scoring striker or winger, every player is judged on goals and assists to be best in the world.

Kante has been a top 3 player in the world  in the last few seasons(except this season as he's been out of position). His importance to Leicester and Chelsea's title winning seasons was paramount.

Players like Phillip Lahm never get the credit they deserve because of the position they played, yet for me he is one of the most best and consistent players of my life time. 

I see your point - but Balon d'or usually favors the attackers. Could say De Gea deserves a mention on just ability alone. 

Also are you saying Kante is better than Busquets? Verratti? Casemiro? I think he's in that bracket, but i wouldn't put him above any of those players. 

Also Modric did win last...

8 minutes ago, Roux said:

I see your point - but Balon d'or usually favors the attackers. Could say De Gea deserves a mention on just ability alone. 

Also are you saying Kante is better than Busquets? Verratti? Casemiro? I think he's in that bracket, but i wouldn't put him above any of those players. 

Also Modric did win last...

I just think it's frustrating that players seem to be put in that bracket of best in the world solely for the fact they score and assist.

They're all great players, but the fact that in 3 seasons he won back to back PL title's at different clubs, followed by a World Cup win with France, just goes to show how important he is to the success of those sides. I would say he needs a few more years of consistency in his preferred position to be at Busquets level, but I personally feel he's better than Veratti and Casemiro at that role, who are both great players.