The Official Football Topic

Cuth

Nobody is unlucky in leagues. It’s over 38 games. There’s no luck involved. There is though in cup competitions. 

Dunno why you’re mentioning Barca this year. I’m talking about us playing them in 09 and ‘11. 

7 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Nobody is unlucky in leagues. It’s over 38 games. There’s no luck involved. There is though in cup competitions. 

Dunno why you’re mentioning Barca this year. I’m talking about us playing them in 09 and ‘11. 

Ah my bad I must have read that wrong. Yeah you're right they were a really good side those years. 

46 minutes ago, Scott. said:

He’s bang average. You know he is

I'm not saying he's the best player in the world but he's good and you can tell his influence around the dressing room is huge, he is a leader and they're pretty fucking hard to come by in this day and age. 

Man United, Arsenal and Spurs are all crying out for a player like him in their midfield. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Roux said:

yep - what do i know about football. 

In the the grand scheme of things, we both know fuck all.

What I do know is Jurgen Klopp knows a lot more about football than all of us and he thinks Jordan Henderson is a very important player and decides to keep him as captain despite all of the quality players they have bought in over the past few years. If he was as 'fucking shit' as you say he is then that certainly would not be the case, he'd have binned off sharpish along with the rest of the dross that was there when he came in.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

In the the grand scheme of things, we both know fuck all.

What I do know is Jurgen Klopp knows a lot more about football than all of us and he thinks Jordan Henderson is a very important player and decides to keep him as captain despite all of the quality players they have bought in over the past few years. If he was as 'fucking shit' as you say he is then that certainly would not be the case, he'd have binned off sharpish along with the rest of the dross that was there when he came in.

Yeah - which is why he replaced Henderson with Keita. Keita would have started if he wasn't injured. 

Him and the GK were the biggest weakness and Klopp replaced both. 

2 hours ago, Roux said:

Yeah - which is why he replaced Henderson with Keita. Keita would have started if he wasn't injured. 

Him and the GK were the biggest weakness and Klopp replaced both. 

Do you think Keita is actually that good?

Hasn't adjusted yet, started to look a bit better towards the end of the season but him being a shoe in to start over Henderson is a bit presumptuous.  Henderson end of season form after coming back from injury has been really good, very much doubt Klopp would have dropped him for Keita for a final. 

Keita is going to be a monster his potential is already showing, but for the grand point if he wasn't injured he would have started over wijnaldum I can guarantee it. 

I'm not Henderson's biggest fan but his influence is there. In our 2014 title chase as soon as he got a red card that's when it went to shit.