Balbuena/Ogbonna
Cresswell/Masuaku

Anderson/Snodgrass
Rice
Noble/Wilshere
Lanzini/Fornals
Yarmalenko/Antonio

Haller/Chica

So to summarise, no fucking idea haha...will probably get more of an idea the more preseason progresses though.

Fabianski, Diop, Rice and Anderson are shoe ins though, assume Haller will be as well - we're not the sort of club who can afford to blow £45m on a substitute. 

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

I'm not sure to be honest

Fabianski

Fredericks/Zabaleta
Diop
Balbuena/Ogbonna
Cresswell/Masuaku

Anderson/Snodgrass
Rice
Noble/Wilshere
Lanzini/Fornals
Yarmalenko/Antonio

Haller/Chica

So to summarise, no fucking idea haha...will probably get more of an idea the more preseason progresses though.

Fabianski, Diop, Rice and Anderson are shoe ins though, assume Haller will be as well - we're not the sort of club who can afford to blow £45m on a substitute. 

Fornals looks a fucking baller. Looked exciting in the u21s this summer 

9 minutes ago, Roux said:

West Ham always seem to buy shit goalscorers - you'd think one of them from the endless list would come good. The last player to crack 20 was Teddy fucking Sheringham in 2004!

Not gonna happen anytime soon either, no team out of the top 6 will have a player that scores 20 league goals or more this season and I would guess that Man United/Chelsea won't get a single player hitting 20 league goals either. Kane will for Spurs, Aguero will for City, Salah or Mane (maybe both) will for Liverpool and Aubmaeyang or Lacazette (maybe) for Arsenal - can't see any other team or player within the teams I've just listed hitting 20 personally.

Football has changed, out and out number 9's are a few and far between, goals get shared a lot more around the front 3 or 4 than they used too. 

13 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Not gonna happen anytime soon either, no team out of the top 6 will have a player that scores 20 league goals or more this season and I would guess that Man United/Chelsea won't get a single player hitting 20 league goals either. Kane will for Spurs, Aguero will for City, Salah or Mane (maybe both) will for Liverpool and Aubmaeyang or Lacazette (maybe) for Arsenal - can't see any other team or player within the teams I've just listed hitting 20 personally.

Football has changed, out and out number 9's are a few and far between, goals get shared a lot more around the front 3 or 4 than they used too. 

I can see Jimenez and Vardy doing it for sure - Vardy got 18 last season and Leicester were awful.

All teams still need a main goalscorer - West Ham haven't had that in years, even to get to 15 goals. 

Rashford could get 20+ if he starts the season as our number 9. 

Yeah I can't see Rashford getting 20 either, unless he becomes more clinical and Ole gets you playing really attacking football.

Can see him getting 15 maybe if he is played as a number 9 and 8-10 if he is stuck out on the wing. 

I don't think you need a main goalscorer so much anymore, in fact I think it's pretty important you don't become over reliant on a central striker, as when the goals dry up for him the team can struggle.

We're never gonna be pushing for CL so it's slightly different but we have decent threat from attacking positions for a mid to upper mid table team, I don't give a shit about who scores them, as long as we do. I'm more bothered about letting in too many goals at the minute than scoring more.

34 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Yeah I can't see Rashford getting 20 either, unless he becomes more clinical and Ole gets you playing really attacking football.

Can see him getting 15 maybe if he is played as a number 9 and 8-10 if he is stuck out on the wing. 

I don't think you need a main goalscorer so much anymore, in fact I think it's pretty important you don't become over reliant on a central striker, as when the goals dry up for him the team can struggle.

We're never gonna be pushing for CL so it's slightly different but we have decent threat from attacking positions for a mid to upper mid table team, I don't give a shit about who scores them, as long as we do. I'm more bothered about letting in too many goals at the minute than scoring more.

Rashford needs to kick on this season - Ole favored him over Lukaku and he needs to repay that faith. I can see him scoring around 20 - but i can also see him having the same season as the last one - he really needs to work on his decision making. He needs a breakthrough season like Harry Kane had - or else he'll be back on the wing. Unlikely - but not impossible i would say - agree it depends on how Ole wants to play. 

Agree you don't need to rely on just one goalscorer - but there is still usually someone who scores the bulk on the goals - Aguero, Kane, Salah, Vardy, Jimenez,  etc they are all clinical goalscorers. 

imo - you definitely need at least 2 players who can get around 10+  - if this new big lad gets injured or is not very good then you'll be in trouble. West Ham don't really have player other than maybe Anderson who can chip in with a decent amount of goals. 

imo - you definitely need at least 2 players who can get around 10+  - if this new big lad gets injured or is not very good then you'll be in trouble. 

Only time will tell, always a risk with any new signing or player in general (any player could break their leg at any point)

I don't think we will struggle to get two players around the 10 goal mark, then we will likely have a few players chipping in with 5-8 goals - I am under no illusions of us smashing it next season but we should be good for a finish between 8-12th once again with our current squad and another signing or two.

5 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Only time will tell, always a risk with any new signing or player in general (any player could break their leg at any point)

I don't think we will struggle to get two players around the 10 goal mark, then we will likely have a few players chipping in with 5-8 goals - I am under no illusions of us smashing it next season but we should be good for a finish between 8-12th once again with our current squad and another signing or two.

Honestly - they should go for Vardy, i can't imagine he'd be too far from 50m they paid for Haller. He'd be perfect for WH or Everton. 

Honestly - they should go for Vardy, i can't imagine he'd be too far from 50m they paid for Haller. 

Vardy is 33 in 6 months, no way would our board consider dropping that on a player with no resale value, I wouldn't want them too either.

I'm optimistic about Valler, just listened to an interview with Rafa Honigstein who knows his shit and is saying good things, I know highlight clip can be deceptive but there is no doubt he looks suited to the league, big, strong and seems like a pretty intelligent player.