The Official Football Topic

Cuth

1 hour ago, Roux said:

So what about Ibrahimivic? did he fail too like you said he would?

You need experience to go with the youngsters. Fergie did this pretty consistently and look where that got us? He signed Henrik Larsson at 35 for gods sake. 

Why are we acting like 30 is some pensioner type age? I don't think he has much of an ego - hes been pretty low key his whole career. Zindane doesn't like him so he has every right to find a good deal for himself. 

We have a squad loaded with youth now - so lets get a Champions League winner. Can't see United paying those wages but rumors are then we did make an attempt the last few days. 

The problem with you is that you think every 30 year old big name will be like Alexis Sanchez - that's just deluded. 

Can you find where I said Ibrahimovic would fail? Fairly certain I never said that...

First mistake is comparing this to the Fergie era, this is a completely different time for you, you can't compare what you were doing then and what you've been doing the last 5-6 years.

Look at most of the BIG marquee names you've signed since then, Di Maria, Falcao, Lukaku, Sanchez (even Pogba hasn't been a universal success) - that strategy hasn't been working, Bale could obviously come and be a success, not ruling it out 100% but in my opinion it's not a risk worth taking with the club's recent track record on these Hollywood names.

His injury record is another reason why it should be swerved tbh.

Think you're better off chasing young hungry players that would be honoured to wear the shirt rather than players who have done it all and are winding down.

I’m worried. Are united seriously just signing two fucking players after last years disaster?? More worrying than that is that we still have Rojo, Darmian still at the club. I can’t believe we haven’t sold anyone ffs

20 minutes ago, Scott. said:

I’m worried. Are united seriously just signing two fucking players after last years disaster?? More worrying than that is that we still have Rojo, Darmian still at the club. I can’t believe we haven’t sold anyone ffs

Yeah didn't Ole say about a huge clear out? Seems like that's not happening...

You'll get Maguire and then maybe one more I reckon. I think if you get him and Fernandes it'll be a decent window for you.

12 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Can you find where I said Ibrahimovic would fail? Fairly certain I never said that...

First mistake is comparing this to the Fergie era, this is a completely different time for you, you can't compare what you were doing then and what you've been doing the last 5-6 years.

Look at most of the BIG marquee names you've signed since then, Di Maria, Falcao, Lukaku, Sanchez (even Pogba hasn't been a universal success) - that strategy hasn't been working, Bale could obviously come and be a success, not ruling it out 100% but in my opinion it's not a risk worth taking with the club's recent track record on these Hollywood names.

His injury record is another reason why it should be swerved tbh.

Think you're better off chasing young hungry players that would be honoured to wear the shirt rather than players who have done it all and are winding down.

Pretty sure you said the same thing when we signed Ibra and then he started banging in the goals and you said you were wrong about him. If you didn't then - im wrong about that. But the point still stands - older players can still contribute.

Fergie/Non Fergie/ every other successful club - they still need that experienced backbone. Bale has done it all at the highest level. 

You just named 5 players - one was a loan. 3 are still at the club and can still contribute - Lukaku and Pogba have had their best seasons at United.  

Like Scott said - he would come in and bang in goals instantly. The guy played 42 games last season - what injuries? 

IMO - we need an experienced CB and RW that has played at the highest level. 

chairman Daniel Levy is ready to push Toby Alderweireld's price up to £40m if the 30-year-old Belgian's £25m release clause is allowed to expire on Friday. (Telegraph)

Why isnt man United punting 25 mil on this guy ? Surely a no brainer! Why isnt anyone lol

Get maguire and toby and thats the defence sorted...get rid of rojo and darmian..

15 minutes ago, prankerd14 said:

chairman Daniel Levy is ready to push Toby Alderweireld's price up to £40m if the 30-year-old Belgian's £25m release clause is allowed to expire on Friday. (Telegraph)

Why isnt man United punting 25 mil on this guy ? Surely a no brainer! Why isnt anyone lol

Get maguire and toby and thats the defence sorted...get rid of rojo and darmian..

Absolute no brainer. 

4 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

Man United actually doing really well in pre season...

Hype? Pogba staying? Martial stepping up? ...maguire signing?

Fun fun fun

The kids have been fantastic mate. Greenwood, Tuanzebe, Gomes and Garner should all get games this season. Chong needs a loan. 

Daniel James is working his bollocks off and the others are following, how can you not when you see this kids join from Swansea and chase down every ball. He puts the other to shame so they’re all joining in and pressing. How long will it last? I can see us having a very good start to the season but as soon as it gets tough the same old pussies will down tools again.

Mctominay is a fucking beast in midfield. Wow I’m so impressed with him. He’s proving me completely wrong. I thought he was destined for Bournemouth or some shit like that but he’s first name on team sheet atm. 

Whats pissing me off is that the owners are now clearly penny pinching, we’ve not sold anyone and I think our transfer business is done. Are we seriously going to sign two players after that disaster of a season?? And worse than that keep all the fucking useless cunts at the club? Fucking unbelievable 

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

I can’t wrap my head around why no one went for Alderweireld? Experienced, in his prime and cheap. His wages can’t be that much at spurs. I don’t get it

in other news Atleti put 7 past Real last night ?????? @petros

He's 30 and would probably want a four year contract on mega wages, also has he really been that good in recent years? Davidson Sanchez has kept him out the team at points in recent seasons.

Another thing I heard is that he wants to run down his contract and go back to Ajax on a free.

4 hours ago, Scott. said:

in other news Atleti put 7 past Real last night ?????? 

Haha yeah woke up to the news. Oh well we always suck on friendlies remember when United when the di maria transfer happened won us like 3 or 4-0? But still we've been terrible on all friendlies so far maybe things aren't clicking who knows, we'll see during the season. We clearly need a CM and our only top DM Casemiro isn't playing. 

I agree. Nacho has been terrible for a while now. He can't even be the 4rth option to this point. Ramos I think can still have one or two good seasons. Varane is top class but he needs someone good next to him when it's him without Ramos the defense is terrible. Plus we got Militao from Porto which seems like a great player and isn't playing in these friendlies since he was in Copa America for Brazil.