The Official Football Topic

Cuth

Fuck me spurs are going for it. That’s ambition for you. Billion pound stadium and splashing the cash in the market. Take note United. Old Trafford is falling apart and our squad is pure aids. We’re on the slide lads. It’s over honestly. We’re being run into the ground 

8 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Fuck me spurs are going for it. That’s ambition for you. Billion pound stadium and splashing the cash in the market. Take note United. Old Trafford is falling apart and our squad is pure aids. We’re on the slide lads. It’s over honestly. We’re being run into the ground 

Am I the only one who isn't sure on Sessengon? wasn't he in and out of an awful Fulham team last year?

Can't say I've seen any of Le Celso but hear good things, if they get him AND Dybala then it's been a very impressive window for them - think they're a little bit short in defence at right back and centre back though. 

You reckon any faces with come in for you today?

Predictions 19/20

Top Four (In Order) - Abu Dhabi FC, Liverpool, Spuds, Chelski

Relegation - Newcastle, Sheffield, Southampton

Top Goal Scorer - Salah/Kane

Best Signing - 

Worst Signing - Scott Carson

Surprise Package (team) - Norwich (Seems obvious since I'm a Norwich fan, but we've flown under the radar an absolute treat)

First Manager Sacked - Steve Bruce

Fa Cup - Abu Dhabi FC

League Cup - Abu Dhabi FC

Europa League - Valencia

Champions League - Juventus

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

Am I the only one who isn't sure on Sessengon? wasn't he in and out of an awful Fulham team last year?

Can't say I've seen any of Le Celso but hear good things, if they get him AND Dybala then it's been a very impressive window for them - think they're a little bit short in defence at right back and centre back though. 

You reckon any faces with come in for you today?

He was fantastic in the championship and still only just turned 19. 

No don’t be daft pal. The suits at United have no interest in football

2 hours ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

Predictions 19/20

Top Four (In Order) - Abu Dhabi FC, Liverpool, Spuds, Chelski

Relegation - Newcastle, Sheffield, Southampton

Top Goal Scorer - Salah/Kane

Best Signing - 

Worst Signing - Scott Carson

Surprise Package (team) - Norwich (Seems obvious since I'm a Norwich fan, but we've flown under the radar an absolute treat)

First Manager Sacked - Steve Bruce

Fa Cup - Abu Dhabi FC

League Cup - Abu Dhabi FC

Europa League - Valencia

Champions League - Juventus

Norwich always get relegated, can't see this being any different - simply haven't got enough quality to last.

Unless you mean by surprise package you think you'll shock everyone and scrape 17th...then I can maybe get on board with that prediction.

20 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Norwich always get relegated, can't see this being any different - simply haven't got enough quality to last.

Unless you mean by surprise package you think you'll shock everyone and scrape 17th...then I can maybe get on board with that prediction.

Understandable cynicism. In years gone by we've made expensive panic buys without any really thought (Naismith, Van Wolfswinkel etc) and tried to survive on a hope alone. Clearly not a sustainable model to follow.
We're much much better run now and we've made some solid new signings in Roberts, Drmic and Fahrmann to provide competition and back up. We've also retained the bulk of the squad that did so brilliantly in the championship last year on long term contracts, it's no coincidence that Aarons was linked with Spurs, United and Arsenal. Buendia is an unbelievable talent and if Pukki can continue his form last year, we'll be fine. Not sure about this Amadou fella we signed yesterday, he seems to only be with us for the Premier League rather than the club* but if he does a job that's fine and I guess that is something we'll have to get used to if we survive and push on in seasons to come. 

*Almost all the signings we've made under Webber/Farke have said that when they came they were sold on the vision of the club and the 'feeling/vibe' of the city.

The combination of Stuart Webber and Daniel Farke is the best I've seen as Norwich fan, even more so than the fun filled days with Paul Lambert. They both really genuinely seem to have a love of the club and the city which is such an important thing to the fans. Rather than spunk money on reinventing the wheel (Sheffield, Villa, Fulham) we've been clever and astute I think, not rocked the boat. 

My only concern is there's a significant amount of Norwich fans who think we are big club and deserve to be top half of the Prem, and if we're not immediately challenging for those positions, they'll be on the back of the team and the manager which is always a worry. 

Time will tell, whatever happens, it should be fascinating and entertaining season. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Roux said:

I think it's clear what we needed - you don't need a DoF for that. We have a huge scouting network and i think Ole wants to call the shots like most managers do - even if they have a DoF. I don't believe anything Poch says about not making decisions at Spurs - i guarantee he calls the shots and Levy makes them happen. 

If a DoF and a proper footballing structure above the manager is not needed then why does basically all the other top European clubs have one?

Of course the Manager has a say but they work together with the DoF who comes from a footballing background when it comes to transfers and what the club wants to achieve on the pitch which is much more beneficial than doing it with someone who is better at signing up Man United's official tampon partner.

We all know that Woodward only got the job because he made the club a fuckload of money through his commercial dealings rather than him being the best candidate for the job. 

DOF is crucial this day and age. We should be buying players that fit the club so when the next manager comes in they’re in place and the transition is easy, instead we have Moyes, LVGs, Jose’s players all here and Solskjaer probably doesn’t want 80% of them that’s why we’re in this mess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bucko said:

Still think we're short of top class at CB. Luiz is a good stop gap though. 

Should tide us over for a season until Saliba comes to us. Decent money from Everton for Iwobi too. Not very often us arsenal fans can say we’ve had a great transfer window. 

1 hour ago, 2point5 said:

Should tide us over for a season until Saliba comes to us. Decent money from Everton for Iwobi too. Not very often us arsenal fans can say we’ve had a great transfer window. 

I agree to be fair, although I am a little bit sad to see Iwobi go, he's an excellent dribbler and great at going past people. But he does lack that killer instinct and final ball at the minute. £40 mil is more than reasonable.