The Official Football Topic

Cuth

I may have been wrong about Norwich...Newcastle are a shambles but with a player who knows where the back of the net is you've always got a chance. 

So many promoted teams struggle to find that goalscorer who they can rely on, Pukki should get 15 goals I reckon and if a few other players can chip in with 5-6 then they could have enough. I am by no means saying they def will stay up but I may have spoken too soon for them being dead certs for relegation. 

We were pretty meh against Brighton but we always seem to lose to them so I guess a point isn't the end of the world. 

Willock has come on leaps and bounds over the last 4/5 months. It's so good to see Arsenal with some top prospects at CM, Willock, Torreira, Guendouzi, Maitland-Niles, Ceballlos (I know he's only a loan for now, but really hope he's a permanent signing next summer) all under 24.

9 hours ago, Scott. said:

Pukki looks fucking brilliant. Norwich very good going forward fair play. Sheff Utd look very solid too. 

Shitting bricks about tonight. Big game. Think Wolves will edge it

He looks every bit a Prem striker. Fucking hope we can keep hold of him in January and hopefully for the next couple of seasons. 
Trying not to get too carried away with all the local media/fan groups saying how brilliant we look because the barcodes were fucking atrocious, but we did make them look bloody silly. Can't wait to get big Zimbo back in defence, Hanley is a reasonable backup but he just isn't good enough to rely on. 

On 8/18/2019 at 12:56 AM, Scott. said:

Cantwell looks a fucking player mate 

He looks so much better than he did last season and he was pretty handy then. Blew a bit hot and cold, but so far it looks like he's ironed out his mistakes more often than not. His turn and shot early doors on Saturday was sexy as fuck, such a shame it didn't go in.

20 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Fucking Pogba the ego driven cunt fuck off

Completely agree, seems like the whole club is trying to appease him into staying. Rashford has to take some blame too, he clearly gave up the penalty pretty easily and should of told him he was having it - not gonna get to 20 goals plus this season giving away pens.

28 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Completely agree, seems like the whole club is trying to appease him into staying. Rashford has to take some blame too, he clearly gave up the penalty pretty easily and should of told him he was having it - not gonna get to 20 goals plus this season giving away pens.

Solskjaer is fucking soft. Wtf is he playing at letting two players sort it out between themselves? Fucking weak that is. So disappointed. 3 points there would have been excellent. What a tough place to go. They will take pts off everyone this season. 

I thought we were excellent first half and dropped off second but responded well after going behind. The thing we’re lacking atm is a proper no 10. Lingard is fucking useless, yeah he can run about but he has no quality on the ball. Gomes deserves that chance, he’s excellent technically and can pick out passes. Will be fucking fuming if Ole doesn’t give him a chance this season and he ends up leaving on a free. I’m quite happy with the point tbh just fucked off with missing the pen 

Just deflated tbh. Ole is getting a few things wrong imo, we all know he’s out of his depth but he’s also doing things right too and I think we’ll look back and he will have been a very important manager to us for getting the club back on track. If Pogba scores the pen other night and we would have 3 excellent points away to wolves and Rashford tucks his pen weekend and James puts us 2-1 up and we probably see the game out. What is his fault is not picking a penalty taker, why the fuck would you let two players pick between themselves? That’s utter fucking madness. 

Palace are capable of results like that. Didn’t they beat city 3-1 last season at the Etihad? One of those teams. I full expect us to comfortably beat Soton Sat and get back on track. 

The most crucial thing Ole is doing is getting rid of the fucking shit like Fellaini and Lukaku, he’s also benched Smalling, Jones, Young and Matic. Excellent decisions. He’s united through and through he knows what players fit into the club and who doesn’t. The next thing he needs to do now is drop Lingard. 

23 hours ago, Scott. said:

Just deflated tbh. Ole is getting a few things wrong imo, we all know he’s out of his depth but he’s also doing things right too and I think we’ll look back and he will have been a very important manager to us for getting the club back on track. If Pogba scores the pen other night and we would have 3 excellent points away to wolves and Rashford tucks his pen weekend and James puts us 2-1 up and we probably see the game out. What is his fault is not picking a penalty taker, why the fuck would you let two players pick between themselves? That’s utter fucking madness. 

Palace are capable of results like that. Didn’t they beat city 3-1 last season at the Etihad? One of those teams. I full expect us to comfortably beat Soton Sat and get back on track. 

The most crucial thing Ole is doing is getting rid of the fucking shit like Fellaini and Lukaku, he’s also benched Smalling, Jones, Young and Matic. Excellent decisions. He’s united through and through he knows what players fit into the club and who doesn’t. The next thing he needs to do now is drop Lingard. 

Agree with this mate. We need to move backwards in order to move forwards unfortunately. Happy the slow players have been dropped/sold.

I honestly think Woodward's days are numbered, the fans will turn on him - its just natural logic really. 

Really hoping James can come good - he's looked decent so far, has soo much more to offer though i think.

James is still raw. He’s a bit of a late developer. He’s only had one proper season and didn’t really start impressing till after Xmas. Hopefully he can develop and improve at United. Just needs more confidence and to work on his crossing and passing. He has the right attitude that’s for sure 

39 minutes ago, Scott. said:

James is still raw. He’s a bit of a late developer. He’s only had one proper season and didn’t really start impressing till after Xmas. Hopefully he can develop and improve at United. Just needs more confidence and to work on his crossing and passing. He has the right attitude that’s for sure 

Yeah his work-rate is phenomenal. He just needs to work on his final ball - i like him though. 

1 hour ago, Roux said:

Yeah his work-rate is phenomenal. He just needs to work on his final ball - i like him though. 

Look out for Jordan Garrick at Swansea also. 21 years old, looks fucking electric. 

Cant believe how well Swansea are doing this season so far after losing James, McBurnie and Potter. Madness. 5-0 up at ht to Cambridge with their second string side out too. 

11 hours ago, Scott. said:

Look out for Jordan Garrick at Swansea also. 21 years old, looks fucking electric. 

Cant believe how well Swansea are doing this season so far after losing James, McBurnie and Potter. Madness. 5-0 up at ht to Cambridge with their second string side out too. 

Good for them, gutted about Bury - such a great club.