The Official Football Topic

Cuth

On 10/12/2019 at 10:46 AM, Roux said:

Only you could come up with this shit.

Maguire has been pretty good for United so far. Him, Bisakka and James have been good. 

West Ham player is worst player on the pitch last night a you pick on a United player who was nowhere near as clueless and shite as Rice was. Shows your agenda really. 

Didn't want to pick on Henderson who was awful or is he still learning his trade too? Ahhh shit he doesn't play for United...

Forgot to say the other day, cheers for the nibble!

Must be better tonight, I think we will be though - think the lads might of got a bit complacent and too many players were in the team who are out of form. 

You'll be happy to know that Rice is likely to miss tonights game through illness, sure he will be the best things since slice bread when you fork out £80m for him though! he will be a mainstay in the England team though, just needs to find his feet playing with bigger names and bring his natural game he has with us to the table, he's still only 20 and that will come with time. 

Much much better without Rice and Keane. Winks has soo much more to his game than Rice - he's calm, composed on the ball and offers much more going forward. 

Rashford was his old self again.

Fair play Northern Ireland - what a result. 

• Crab 1

Bulgaria are a fucking awful team and the Czechs played out of their skin on Tuesday, slight difference in quality as their positions in the group prove. A lot the other players in our team came in and did better as well, Chilwell is far better than Rose, Barkley offered a lot more than Mount did and Rashford was a lot better than Sancho, I get that this is a troll attempt from you but to isolate just Rice and Keane from that performance on Friday is a bit odd, the whole team had an off day. 

You will see Rice value when we play better teams and you need someone to the dirty work in midfield and break up play/simple passes.

That's why Southgate plays him though, to get him familiar with this role as we're going to need him at the World Cup if we advance and start playing teams that actually want to take the game to us rather than just soak up pressure and counter. 

Rice is 20 and Winks is 23, give Rice 3 more years and he will be much more advanced than Winks is now, he's the future whether you like it or not. 

Also Rashford was his old self because he's playing for a manager and team that know what they're doing. 

The Czechs played a weak team against N.Ireland. They’re a good side though.

Much better from Wales the last two games, were the better side against Croatia after those first 20 mins. Ramsey and Brooks have been a huge miss for us, that’s basically all our creativity there. 

Bale is on the slide 100%, he’s been poor for Wales now for a while but obviously still worth having on the pitch for moments like that, can still finish. 

I was against Giggs tbh but now I can see improvement and also like that he’s dropped some of the older heads for young lads. We’ll be a lot better off in the future for it. We can still qualify 

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

Also Rashford was his old self because he's playing for a manager and team that know what they're doing. 

He's been pretty poor for England too. He just needed a goal to build his confidence, he's also playing on the left wing. 

We get that Rice is a god to you - but there are better players in that age group and Winks is one of them. Take your West Ham glasses off. In time i think Guendouzi and Winks will be two of the best young holding midfielders in the league. Rice and McTominay need better understanding of the role to be in that bracket. 

Funny how you talk about isolating players - and yet you singled out Harry Maguire - who wasn't even that bad compared to other players! 

Rice, keane and rose shouldnt be anywhere near the england team at this moment in time.

Like you said rice might be alot more advanced than winks in 3 years time...but hes not now.

How Alexander Arnold hasnt played these last couple of games i dont know! Trippier is 3rd choice for me walker and arnold should be the picks, just a shame we cant have both playing on either side.

3 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

Arnold .....maguire.....stones...... chilwell

Winks 

Henderson              Barkley 

Sterling       kane         rashford 

Nice balanced team 

Yeah i'd agree with that - i still think be need a Scholes/Gerrard type midfielder and a top Goalkeeper to really become a top side. 

• 2 weeks later...