The Official Football Topic

Cuth

3 minutes ago, Scott. said:

@Roux the Glazers have taken a billion out the club ffs. They haven’t spent a fucking penny. That’s our own generated cash. The Glazers haven’t put a dime in

Whether we like it or not - they own the club. They didn't have to reinvest the money back into the club did they? Can you honestly sit there as a fan and say they haven't reinvested in transfers etc? 

We've spent nearly £1 billion in transfers since 2013! 

Just now, Roux said:

Whether we like it or not - they own the club. They didn't have to reinvest the money back into the club did they? Can you honestly sit there as a fan and say they haven't reinvested in transfers etc? 

They’ve taken a billion out the club mate. Didn’t you know that or something? 

if the Saudis took us over they wouldn’t have to spend any of their own cash you know that right? The club is a monster that just prints money. The Glazers are holding us back 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Scott. said:

They’ve taken a billion out the club mate. Didn’t you know that or something? 

if the Saudis took us over they wouldn’t have to spend any of their own cash you know that right? The club is a monster that just prints money. The Glazers are holding us back 

So how did we pay off £1 Billion in transfer money?!  did they pocket that too? Weird how people think these yanks came in - stole all the money and split... without reinvesting. Whether that money is United's or Glazers... they spunked £1bn down the drain on transfers... how can we ignore that?

5 hours ago, Roux said:

You mean Coventry ???

First wasn't a pen - but James is soo good at winning those types of fouls. I can see why it was given. 

Not sure why Hernandez doesn't start - he looks a right handful. 

I mean we bought him from Coventry, but Norwich made him.

Can't see how you can see how it was given, James bundled into Godfrey.

Hernandez fell down his stairs at home (the tit) at the start of the season, only just back from injury. He's quality, can't wait until he's back to full fitness.

1 hour ago, Roux said:

So how did we pay off £1 Billion in transfer money?!  did they pocket that too? Weird how people think these yanks came in - stole all the money and split... without reinvesting. Whether that money is United's or Glazers... they spunked £1bn down the drain on transfers... how can we ignore that?

I don't think anyone here is saying that, what they're saying is that the Glazers have taken a fuck load of Man United's money OUT of the club, did you know that JUST the interest on their loan to buy the club was £263m in the first three years alone? that was before they even made a dent in paying off any of the actual debt. They had to refinance back in 2010 because the debt stood at £750m when they'd only paid £800m for the club five years earlier, so that was about £50m paid off in five years with hundreds of millions going on interest payments, remember Man United were debt free before they took over as well...

The debt is more manageable now but it's still in the hundreds of millions nearly 15 years after the purchase, think of what those hundreds of millions could of done? it's quite common knowledge that Old Trafford and Man United's training facilities are falling apart and have been left behind a lot of even medium sized Premier League clubs, money could also been used to buy players and build for the future when Fergie left rather than the bargain basement squad players he was forced into signing after Ronaldo left.

He knew he couldn't rebuild again with the constraints on him from board level so he bought RVP in that last season one last title win and then left a bit of a mess, fair play to him - he was a fucking genius to win the title with that team in his last season as the team in ability had been in decline for years. 

58 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I don't think anyone here is saying that, what they're saying is that the Glazers have taken a fuck load of Man United's money OUT of the club, did you know that JUST the interest on their loan to buy the club was £263m in the first three years alone? that was before they even made a dent in paying off any of the actual debt. They had to refinance back in 2010 because the debt stood at £750m when they'd only paid £800m for the club five years earlier, so that was about £50m paid off in five years with hundreds of millions going on interest payments, remember Man United were debt free before they took over as well...

The debt is more manageable now but it's still in the hundreds of millions nearly 15 years after the purchase, think of what those hundreds of millions could of done? it's quite common knowledge that Old Trafford and Man United's training facilities are falling apart and have been left behind a lot of even medium sized Premier League clubs, money could also been used to buy players and build for the future when Fergie left rather than the bargain basement squad players he was forced into signing after Ronaldo left.

He knew he couldn't rebuild again with the constraints on him from board level so he bought RVP in that last season one last title win and then left a bit of a mess, fair play to him - he was a fucking genius to win the title with that team in his last season as the team in ability had been in decline for years. 

We know they have taken money out of the club... i mentioned that multiple times. Yet, despite everything you mentioned regarding debt, interest payments, refinancing etc - they still sanctioned £1bn to be spent on transfers alone. That is staggering! They could have effectively bought the club and stopped sanctioning theses huge deals - but they continue to break transfer records ie Pogba, Maguire - Sanchez wages etc

And you do realise that having some debt is good.. which is why they haven't paid it off. Its down to £200m - which is nothing for them and what experts would call 'easily serviceable'.  source: https://www.goal.com/g00/en-gb/news/manchester-united-debt-how-much-club-worth/1557bwvbo1pmi1wglm2ifd6rcw?i10c.ua=1&i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8%3d&i10c.dv=14

Jesus - you just make this stuff up? Old Trafford is not falling apart, its still a great stadium - sure the new stadiums are better because... they are brand new! The only reason they haven't expended is because of the rail system next to it. Its still had hefty investment Source: https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-old-trafford-stadium-16748329

Our training ground is one of the best in the country - they've spent 60 odd million on it and are looking to spend another 50m on it! Source: https://talksport.com/football/510923/manchester-united-planning-overhaul-training-ground/ 

They are also pumping money into the Women's team, which they have no real obligation to do if spending was being restricted. source: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11300146/manchester-united-to-establish-womens-team-all-you-need-to-know

How can you honestly say this stuff without any real facts to back it up is crazy. The stuff about OT and the training ground couldn't be further from the truth. 

I dream United become a PLC again, but to say United/Glazers haven't spent huge sums recently is crazy. 

16 minutes ago, Roux said:

We know they have taken money out of the club... i mentioned that multiple times. Yet, despite everything you mentioned regarding debt, interest payments, refinancing etc - they still sanctioned £1bn to be spent on transfers alone. That is staggering! They could have effectively bought the club and stopped sanctioning theses huge deals - but they continue to break transfer records ie Pogba, Maguire - Sanchez wages etc

Jesus - you just make this stuff up? Old Trafford is not falling apart, its still a great stadium - sure the new stadiums are better because... they are brand new! The only reason they haven't expended is because of the rail system next to it. Its still had hefty investment Source: https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-old-trafford-stadium-16748329

Our training ground is one of the best in the country - they've spent 60 odd million on it and are looking to spend another 50m on it! Source: https://talksport.com/football/510923/manchester-united-planning-overhaul-training-ground/ 

They are also pumping money into the Women's team, which they have no real obligation to do if spending was being restricted. source: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11300146/manchester-united-to-establish-womens-team-all-you-need-to-know

How can you honestly say this stuff without any real facts to back it up is crazy. The stuff about OT and the training ground couldn't be further from the truth. 

I dream United become a PLC again, but to say United/Glazers haven't spent huge sums recently is crazy. 

I forgot you go to Old Trafford loads, I went a couple of years back and I bet that was more recent than the last time you went!

It is falling apart compared to a lot of the newer stadiums, listen to plenty of football podcasts with well respected journalists and they regularly say that the stadium and it's facilities are not up to scratch compared to other top clubs, here is a written article from Daniel Taylor who is very well respected about the lack of investment at OT and the land that they own around it, a few upgrades to suites and disabled seats is nowhere near enough...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/apr/07/rivals-grand-designs-put-glazers-neglect-of-old-trafford-in-spotlight

Further evidence of the vermin issue at OT:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/01/manchester-united-mice-infestation-criticised-council

While you quote a Talksport article with Sun quotes from an annoymous source, haha you really couldn't make it up!

Real Madrid and Barcelona (clubs with big old and famous stadiums) are forking out about £500m to remodel their stadiums, not £20m to plug a few holes - you could of found that money down the back of the sofa if it wasn't for the Glazers but I guess with them selling out every week they see no reason to invest in the match day experience for the majority which is sad for those that pay the money to go week in week out.

17 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I forgot you go to Old Trafford loads, I went a couple of years back and I bet that was more recent than the last time you went!

It is falling apart compared to a lot of the newer stadiums, listen to plenty of football podcasts with well respected journalists and they regularly say that the stadium and it's facilities are not up to scratch compared to other top clubs, here is a written article from Daniel Taylor who is very well respected about the lack of investment at OT and the land that they own around it, a few upgrades to suites and disabled seats is nowhere near enough...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/apr/07/rivals-grand-designs-put-glazers-neglect-of-old-trafford-in-spotlight

While you quote a Talksport article with Sun quotes from an annoymous source, haha you really couldn't make it up!

Oooh you such a big footie regular arn't ya? always like say how you go to games, makes you a top fan.

'Compared to other top clubs' you mean Arsenal, City and Spurs who have BRAND NEW stadiums! Ours is not really much different to Chelsea's or Liverpools really... see nobody crying about theirs and ours is twice the size.

You can't even respond to simple facts - just make things up to push your own narrative. Where is your source for the training center 'falling apart'? i'm sure you've been there too.  There is a history of both places having massive investment and yet you think its something from the 80s! incredible really. Who the fuck has a spare 20mil to upgrade a few disabled seats and suites! 

10 minutes ago, Roux said:

Oooh you such a big footie regular arn't ya? always like say how you go to games, makes you a top fan.

'Compared to other top clubs' you mean Arsenal, City and Spurs who have BRAND NEW stadiums! Ours is not really much different to Chelsea's or Liverpools really... see nobody crying about theirs and ours is twice the size.

You can't even respond to simple facts - just make things up to push your own narrative. There is a history of both places having massive investment and yet you think its something from the 80s! incredible really. 

Not overly, go to 5-7 games or so games a season usually, not sure how you can insult me for doing that. As I said, I've been to OT more recently than you so I am in a better place to comment overall as to what the ground is like. 

I have responded to you, what about all the stuff in the articles I've posted? don't accuse of not responding to what you say and then completely ignore the stuff that I have posted...I get it, they spent £20m on a few new suites, disabled seats and a VAR box, woop de fucking woop, dop in the ocean in what's needed. Can't see where I'm making up anything tbh...

If those teams have managed to build brand new stadiums with less money, it kind of proves my point doesn't it? surely Man United with their vastly superior resources could modernize and improve OT a lot more than they have, so why haven't they? oh yeah, all comes back to the Glazers again and the crippling debt and not wanting to spend money.

I think you're the only fan I've ever spoken too who defends them, it's actually unbelievable. 

33 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Not overly, go to 5-7 games or so games a season usually, not sure how you can insult me for doing that. As I said, I've been to OT more recently than you so I am in a better place to comment overall as to what the ground is like. 

I have responded to you, what about all the stuff in the articles I've posted? don't accuse of not responding to what you say and then completely ignore the stuff that I have posted...I get it, they spent £20m on a few new suites, disabled seats and a VAR box, woop de fucking woop, dop in the ocean in what's needed. Can't see where I'm making up anything tbh...

If those teams have managed to build brand new stadiums with less money, it kind of proves my point doesn't it? surely Man United with their vastly superior resources could modernize and improve OT a lot more than they have, so why haven't they? oh yeah, all comes back to the Glazers again and the crippling debt and not wanting to spend money.

I think you're the only fan I've ever spoken too who defends them, it's actually unbelievable. 

i've been to OT a million times, its never really much different and i'm sure its the same now. its has 75k seats, a great pitch and thats all most fans care about. The stadium look incredible on TV or pics etc. Hardly falling apart is it? Its still one of the best in the country, even rival fans would agree. 

You just said its falling apart - then go 'whoohoo' they spend 20m on renovations!  You realise thats a shitton of money right? So they spend huge sums or don't? Which is it? because all the evidence suggests they spent a fortune on both places - even if you don't believe the sources. 

What do you want me to respond to? one mans opinion on why our stadium is looking dated compered to the new ones? really? isn't it obvious why?

Again, do you have a source for the training ground 'falling apart'?

They haven't because of the rail system... they would have to find new land or build over it. Would cost a fortune and be logistically difficult, but I believe they are actively looking at doing it. source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43740013 - £200m alone just for that! 

I'm trying to give a counter argument as to why the blame doesn't solely lie with them, Woodward DoF etc. I couldn't give a shit about them or the Saudis. You just invent stuff to push your agenda. Literally make things up and then change lanes when you see evidence!

3 hours ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

I mean we bought him from Coventry, but Norwich made him.

Can't see how you can see how it was given, James bundled into Godfrey.

Hernandez fell down his stairs at home (the tit) at the start of the season, only just back from injury. He's quality, can't wait until he's back to full fitness.

yeah was joking about that ha.

I think Godfrey seemed slow to react, when i saw the VAR replay it looked clumsy from the way he tried to get the ball. Agree James make first contact tho. 

Jesus, what a start to his career. 

5 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

What are your opinions on the whole Xhaka thing?

I was keeping away as well tbh, we've been absolute garbage for 6 weeks now as well - losing to Newcastle was a real low point, doesn't get much more embarassing than that. 

I feel sorry for him. Don't rate him, but no player should be booed like that. Frustrations should have been aimed at Emery. That being said, he shouldn't have threw his toys out the pram. 

Fuck this season, whole team has fallen to pieces since Fabianski got injured. 

Roberto is absolutely shite and the whole team has completely lost confidence since he's gone in between the sticks. 

I'm also edging towards wanting Pellegrini out, want a young and dynamic manager rather than some old cunt getting one last pay day.