The Official Football Topic

Cuth

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

Yeah course I’ve seen him. He’s ripping Europe apart atm. Would be a brilliant signing. Massive Leeds fan though apparently and hates United and he’ll have his pick of clubs this summer so why the fuck would he join us? 

Yeah think it's a complete non starter, grew up in Leeds. supports them, probably holds a bit of a grudge against Man United for what happened with Keane and his Dad all those years back, rumours are he's going to RB Leipzig as the next step up to replace Timo Werner when he moves on to Bayern Munich and will then look to go to a top CL side in a few years.

Good move for him. I’d love Werner. He’s the one I want but looks like he will join Bayern. We need a striker 100%. Martial not good enough to bang us 20+ a season in the league. Who’s out there though? 

i would take Kane but I dunno there’s something off about him, over the last couple of seasons his movement looks off. He looks like he’s aged and he’s still young but he’s not as powerful as he was a few years back. Something is not right with him. I’d rather take Son than kane

16 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Good move for him. I’d love Werner. He’s the one I want but looks like he will join Bayern. We need a striker 100%. Martial not good enough to bang us 20+ a season in the league. Who’s out there though? 

i would take Kane but I dunno there’s something off about him, over the last couple of seasons his movement looks off. He looks like he’s aged and he’s still young but he’s not as powerful as he was a few years back. Something is not right with him. I’d rather take Son than kane

Good luck getting any Spurs players, Levy would extort any rival team trying to buy one of his top players. Reckon he'd want at least £200m for Kane and would probably ask for £100-150m for Son. Not saying they're worth that but I reckon that's what he would demand.

Kane is still a top striker but seems to be getting a lot of niggly ankle injuries, hoping he gets back to top form for England's sake as we really need him firing on all cylinders next summer. 

I think it's hard finding players for you at the minute, you want players that are going to take you to the next level but most of those will think they can do better/will have better offers than this current Man United team. Think your best bet is to keep going for young players with potential, think you need to send out the likes of Greenwood/Gomes/Chong/Garner etc on loan to the Championship and get them playing proper physical mens football regularly, look what it's done for Abraham, Tomori and Mount - playing u23 football with the odd Europa game against accountants and postmen from Latvia ain't gonna do shit for their development. 

Kane will have to make a decision soon - its Alan Shearer syndrome again, stay loyal to the club and most likely win nothing or move on. Bale chose to leave and he's better off for it. He'd be a great replacement for Benzema at Madid. 

I think Haaland would be desperate to join United - reunite with a manager who showed faith in him, earn big wages and play in a young team with lots of potential. He'll get games for sure. 

From what i hear Ole, wants to only sign young high prospect players - like i said before i know they want Maddison and Sancho  - they have scouted Haaland but not really pushed as much as the other 2. Again, Ziyech is a must (if we don't get Maddison)  and Van de Beek looks quality too. 

I agree with everything Wenger said below - United need 4 players to compete again and have no real style of football.  

Yes, they need – in my opinion – four first team players.

“But around those players, I see a squad that is capable of challenging. They aren’t as far away as people think. The team have no pattern of play, no pattern of pressing.

“There is a team there, but it needs to be coached and developed. Like I said, four players and they can be challengers"

8 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Sancho, Maddison, Werner and a beast in midfield is my dream summer. 

take a punt on Jarrod Bowen at Hull too. 

have to say though Haaland would eat those Dan James crosses up for fun. 

Absolutely - especially since martial and Rashford don't score headers. 

Harvetz has also been doing the rumours. Too many excellent young Dutch and German players moving around Europe for peanuts these days. 

Great to see players performing from the Championship to the Premier league though. 

He sounds like he's got his head screwed on and I think that's why he'll end up RB Leipzig.

The whole Red Bull thing will make that move a lot easier and it'll be a good step up into a more competitive league with a good settled team that have a track record of improving young pllayers rather than going from the Norweigan league straight to a top European side where instant performances will be expected of him.

Would Sancho go to a team without CL football (if you don't qualify?)

He's better than a team like RB Leipzig - his age, size and ability coupled with how he performs against big teams in Europe suggests this. I've seen people compare him to Mbappe and Joao Felix where its a young player with almost complete attributes - you're paying 50m/60m for a player that could be worth 4x that if a big club wants to take the punt. Doesn't really matter what league they came from (like Felix) they are just already that good. 

I think one of the reasons why Sancho wanted to stay is because United weren't in the UCL. But i would look at this United side and think 3/4 good signings (one transfer window) could make it a great team again... its whether he wants to take that risk. At the moment we don't know even know if Ole will make it to the end of the season. He's sort of starting to build his own team - Pogba being back soon will be vital.