The Official Football Topic

Cuth

13 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Gnabry is my fave player atm. Lad is fucking electric. 

Yeah, just goes to show that you can still come good past the younger years. Bayern and Dortmund have nailed these young signings - whoever is scouting these players is doing a cracking job - Sancho, Gabnry, Haaland, Davies, Dahoud, Kimmich etc 

1 hour ago, Roux said:

Yeah, just goes to show that you can still come good past the younger years. Bayern and Dortmund have nailed these young signings - whoever is scouting these players is doing a cracking job - Sancho, Gabnry, Haaland, Davies, Dahoud, Kimmich etc 

Did you know Alphonso Davies was meant to have a trial with United 3 years ago but it was cancelled 🙄

In this current state - Wolves are not far off being real title contenders. They are fucking unreal, really impressed by them. If they can build over summer instead of lose quality they will be dark horses imo. United should go all out for Ruben Neves. 

3 hours ago, Roux said:

In this current state - Wolves are not far off being real title contenders. They are fucking unreal, really impressed by them. If they can build over summer instead of lose quality they will be dark horses imo. United should go all out for Ruben Neves. 

Says Henderson and Rice are average yet bangs on about Neves and Herrera. Caught up in the classic continental hysteria about 'cultured' European midfielders.

Neves is a decent player but people cream their pants over him because he bangs in 1-2 screamers a season.

Wolves are also absolutely miles off being title contenders even in the current state of the league, they're a very good side who can make a charge for the CL places potentially (tbh thats only really because the other usual contenders are so all over the place) but contesting with Liverpool and Man City? Come on...

3 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Says Henderson and Rice are average yet bangs on about Neves and Herrera. Caught up in the classic continental hysteria about 'cultured' European midfielders.

Neves is a decent player but people cream their pants over him because he bangs in 1-2 screamers a season.

Wolves are also absolutely miles off being title contenders even in the current state of the league, they're a very good side who can make a charge for the CL places potentially (tbh thats only really because the other usual contenders are so all over the place) but contesting with Liverpool and Man City? Come on...

Neves is 22. Fantastic footballer - who will move to a huge team very soon. He's the engine for Wolves, simple as that. 

Meanwhile... nobody is more overrated than Rice, talk of him died quickly! He'll look incredible in the Championship no doubt though next season. Every fan in the world would pick Neves over Rice - he's better in every aspect. 

Neves, Pogba, Fred, Fernandes diamond would be perfect.

8 hours ago, Roux said:

Neves is 22. Fantastic footballer - who will move to a huge team very soon. He's the engine for Wolves, simple as that. 

Meanwhile... nobody is more overrated than Rice, talk of him died quickly! He'll look incredible in the Championship no doubt though next season. Every fan in the world would pick Neves over Rice - he's better in every aspect. 

Neves, Pogba, Fred, Fernandes diamond would be perfect.

Rice is a shining light on our shitstain of a season, I watch him every week which I'm sure you don't and those stats are pretty impressive for a player who is meant to be massively overrated. He isn't meant to be a playmaker.

If we do go down he will end up at one of the big teams in the league, no doubt about that. Tbh he probably will even if we stay up, wouldn't surprise me if ends up at Man United tbh. 100% improves your starting 11.

5 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Rice is a shining light on our shitstain of a season, I watch him every week which I'm sure you don't and those stats are pretty impressive for a player who is meant to be massively overrated. He isn't meant to be a playmaker.

If we do go down he will end up at one of the big teams in the league, no doubt about that. Tbh he probably will even if we stay up, wouldn't surprise me if ends up at Man United tbh. 100% improves your starting 11.

Its laughable how he puts '2nd best DM in the whole league' 😂 like those 4 stats are the only important attributes. HA. 

There's a reason why clubs have gone cold on him, even Southgate doesn't fancy him. 

When i watch West Ham, teams are cutting through them like butter, and i think Rice, tactically seems very naive. I watched the Brighton, City and Leicester games and was just not surprised they are where they are. I don't watch every minute he plays liek you, but i've seen enough to formulate an opinion. He's obviously young enough to improve.  

He wouldn't get in the team at United - McTominay and Fred are probably our 2 players of the season and he's simply not better than either than them right now. Even our backup Matic has been very good since coming into the team - i can't stand him but fair play to him. 

If we want to get back to competing we can't be looking at players like Rice/Longstaff. All of Ole's signings so far have been excellent. 4 out of 4 are starters. 

20 hours ago, Roux said:

I watch Wolves a lot, Neves is outstanding, but trust me, he flourishes because Moutinho runs the game besides him.

It's a shame the latter never made the move to PL earlier in his career.

No mistake about it, Wolves are a team on the up, I think they are real contenders for the Europa League. Teams outside of England will look down on them because they haven't been in Europe for such a long time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bucko said:

I watch Wolves a lot, Neves is outstanding, but trust me, he flourishes because Moutinho runs the game besides him.

It's a shame the latter never made the move to PL earlier in his career.

No mistake about it, Wolves are a team on the up, I think they are real contenders for the Europa League. Teams outside of England will look down on them because they haven't been in Europe for such a long time. 

He's only decent because he scores 1-2 bangers apparently!?

I think he's the complete DM. I think the whole team flourishes as one unit - but he dictates everything, which is incredible for a 22yo. 

They have a very similar style to the Leicester team that won the league. If they invest over summer and not lose key players they will be contenders for top 4 and maybe contenders for the league next season. Probably have to clarify on here that being a contender doesn't mean i think they will win the league.

• Like 1

Wolves have been a nightmare to play against this season but we’ve done well against them. Should of beaten them away too but missed a pen. 

id love Jimenez at United. What a player he is. 

Sancho and Grealish are my dream signings this summer but we’re also desperate for a centre forward. Think we can get away with no holding player for another season, Matic looks quality when he’s playing the odd game and Mctominay can do that job well imo.