The Official Football Topic

Cuth

I want Jack Grealish and Adama Traore - two young players that would be a nightmare to play against. Getting both would be cheaper than Sancho, but would improve us massively.

Sell Lingard, Rojo, Jones and Smalling for around 30-40m. 

The 4 Arsenal players that  just signed new deals is worrying - to me, they can't afford to lose these players because they don't have the funds to replace them. IMO, none of them are good players. If Aubameyang goes its the nail in the coffin. 

I don’t hate Liverpool. My hatred towards city has completely taken over for me. 

Liverpool deserve it. Well done to them. I’m more concerned with the state of United atm to be caring about who’s winning titles 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scott. said:

I don’t hate Liverpool. My hatred towards city has completely taken over for me. 

Liverpool deserve it. Well done to them. I’m more concerned with the state of United atm to be caring about who’s winning titles 

Just give up on football, it feels great. Playing over watching all day long for me now. Itching to get 6 a side going again. 

Shit lads I saw football in the title and assumed this has been an NFL thread all along. Happy I was wrong. 

I’m Liverpool fan from the south-east ( plastic) Dad supports them tho so passed it on. 

Genuinely  feel like with Klopp at the helm , we’re watching the start of a possible dynasty here. Hopefully in the title conversation for the next ten years. 

I’ll try not to be a wanker about it

I think Klopp will stay for long time. It’s all about recruitment though. For a lot of players they’ll feel like they’ve won CL and now the league and a lot of the foreign lads will wanna move on soon. Can see Salah, Mane etc gone over the next couple of years. It all depends if you can keep replacing players. 

58 minutes ago, Scott. said:

I think Klopp will stay for long time. It’s all about recruitment though. For a lot of players they’ll feel like they’ve won CL and now the league and a lot of the foreign lads will wanna move on soon. Can see Salah, Mane etc gone over the next couple of years. It all depends if you can keep replacing players. 

This is true, I trust Klopp and our transfer bloke Michael Edwards. Apart from Virgil and Alisson , we never bought players under Klopp that were already fully fledged stars/world class. Salah was a Chelsea flop, Mane was a very good player at a bang average side etc. So we know he can develop those players to be incredible. If you're champions though, you're expected  to replace top tier players like for like, and not chance it on someone who isn't already a worldbeater - that's where I think it can go wrong though. Hope he sticks with trusting his gut and finding more hidden gems like the  Firmino's/Fabihno's of the world

• Like 1

Think we might end up getting relegated and to be honest I don't really give a toss if we do.

Club is run like a fucking circus and l take the pain of relegation to fuck our terrible owners. Over his two spells at the club Moyes had a worse win percentage than Avram Grant (who relegated us in his only season at the club)

8 hours ago, Scott. said:

Liverpool didn’t strengthen last summer and doesn’t look like they will this summer. That’s a problem imo. 

I honestly don’t think Liverpool will win league again next season tbh

I think we’ll strengthen. Not to mention he gives youth a good chance. Nico Williams, and Harvey Elliot are already showing good signs of progress. I think we’ll get rid of Lovren and Sepp Van Der Berg will start getting more minutes even with Gomes and Matip; Harry Wilson is ripping it up in the championship and I know you have taken notice of Brewster as a Swansea fan. 

Minamino is showing flashes of progress and I think once he gets a full preseason and starts to build an understanding he will flourish. Not getting Timo was a shot in the gut but I can see the club putting out a bid for Traore. It’s honestly the cup of nations that has me stressed seeing as we lose Salah and Mane. 

My dream is honestly them taking the cheeky move of doing a season loan for Coutinho and just playing him in the mid three, and should we lose mane or salah we already know he can fill in one of the wing spots. 

Harry Wilson is playing for Bournemouth pal. He’s not good enough for Liverpool, Neco Williams looks a real fucking player which I’m delighted with because he’s Welsh. Liverpool should move Trent into midfield and Neco at RB. Harvey Elliot looks a real talent but these lads are a good 5 years away from being top class players. Brewster has done ok at Swansea. He’s nowhere near ready for premier league football.

I don’t think Liverpool will buy this summer. They’ve let Werner go to Chelsea for a start for relatively cheap. 

a lot of tears  from the Liverpool players and manager. That’s not a good look imo. It feels like they’ve climbed their mountain. Can you imagine Fergie and Keane crying? Never. It’s onto the next season. I don’t think United even celebrated titles honestly. I’ll be surprised if Liverpool won the league next season and that’s not me being bitter I just think they’ll ease off the gas a little next season like a lot of teams do after they win the league. 

19 hours ago, Scott. said:

@Roux enjoying pal?

Greenwood is an absolute nonsense isn’t he? Unreal player 

Unbelievable stuff, best football in years. I'm actually excited to watch us now - mainly because of Bruno & Pogba. 

So many good academy players in the first team now. Ole has done a fantastic job - cleared most of the deadwood, brought in quality players, given youth a chance and got us playing attacking football. I think he's got through the worst of it and we now have a regular first 11 - something we haven't had in years. 

Need 3 players to really challenge City and Liverpool now. I really want Jack Grealish - hes made for this team imo. 

@Scott. would you bring Sancho in for 80m+ or use the money on other players and stick with Greenwood on the right? 

Where does Grealish fit in? I love grealish, think he’d a wonderful footballer. 

I’d still like to see Pogba further forward, I still think he’s wasted sitting in a two. 

Yes I would 100% bring in Sancho. The guy is 20 years old and already one of the best wingers in the world, he would be incredible for us. Greenwood is still young, we’ve got to be careful in giving him to much football, look at Owen etc played far to much football at a young age. 

Sancho, a quick CB next to Maguire, someone like Upamecano and a LB for me because Shaw is no good. 

6 hours ago, Scott. said:

Where does Grealish fit in? I love grealish, think he’d a wonderful footballer. 

I’d still like to see Pogba further forward, I still think he’s wasted sitting in a two. 

Yes I would 100% bring in Sancho. The guy is 20 years old and already one of the best wingers in the world, he would be incredible for us. Greenwood is still young, we’ve got to be careful in giving him to much football, look at Owen etc played far to much football at a young age. 

Sancho, a quick CB next to Maguire, someone like Upamecano and a LB for me because Shaw is no good. 

He can play anywhere in 3 behind the number 9. I think he can also drop deeper too. With COVID19 and Villa nearly relegated they would have to sell him for cheap and when a player like that becomes available you have to take it up. The only thing holding him back is his off the pitch antics. 

I think its working well at the moment - if teams want to park the bus then Pogba can push up and leave Matic has the holding midfielder to do the dirty work.  

Yeah it would be the perfect forward line with Sancho.

Agree we need a quick CB, unless Bailly can get his shit together. Yeah Shaw has been the only negative for me - i think hes average. 

On 6/26/2020 at 10:05 PM, ...Dan... said:

Think we might end up getting relegated and to be honest I don't really give a toss if we do.

Club is run like a fucking circus and l take the pain of relegation to fuck our terrible owners. Over his two spells at the club Moyes had a worse win percentage than Avram Grant (who relegated us in his only season at the club)

4 points out of 6, GO MOYES! Manager of the season in my opinion...

Good win against Chelsea (you're welcome Man United fans) but yesterday was frustrating as fuck despite a point being a decent result, that's now 26 points lost from winning positions this season...

Positives are that Rice has been superb since the restart, think he should be captain but almost seems pointless as I think he will be off in the summer. Antonio is a pain in the arse for any defence and is scoring again as well.