The Official Football Topic

Cuth

22 hours ago, Roux said:

Unbelievable stuff, best football in years. I'm actually excited to watch us now - mainly because of Bruno & Pogba. 

So many good academy players in the first team now. Ole has done a fantastic job - cleared most of the deadwood, brought in quality players, given youth a chance and got us playing attacking football. I think he's got through the worst of it and we now have a regular first 11 - something we haven't had in years. 

Need 3 players to really challenge City and Liverpool now. I really want Jack Grealish - hes made for this team imo. 

@Scott. would you bring Sancho in for 80m+ or use the money on other players and stick with Greenwood on the right? 

I’m quite scared of United now you know. I keep finding myself enjoying watching you play...as a Liverpool fan that’s disturbing. What a buy Bruno was. It’d be a shame to halt Greenwood’s progress when he looks so promising, if you go the Sancho route. However, you kind of remind me of Liverpool in 2014 now. Like you’ll win games just by outscoring everyone, but not convinced on your defence.  Think that Sancho money would be better off on a defender or two. Also just don’t wanna see you bastids with Sancho in the first place 😂

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

I’m quite scared of United now you know. I keep finding myself enjoying watching you play...as a Liverpool fan that’s disturbing. What a buy Bruno was. It’d be a shame to halt Greenwood’s progress when he looks so promising, if you go the Sancho route. However, you kind of remind me of Liverpool in 2014 now. Like you’ll win games just by outscoring everyone, but not convinced on your defence.  Think that Sancho money would be better off on a defender or two. Also just don’t wanna see you bastids with Sancho in the first place 😂

Remains to be seen really, ultimately we are still 5th and not in Champions League as things stand - but its promising.

The main thing for me is finally having a consistent first 11 - no manager has come close to giving us that. The key for me has been getting Pobga back - he's just amazing to watch,  as good as Bruno has been - i think we needed another world class player to help and Pogba is that player. I do expect them to win something this season. There are parallels to what Klopp did with Liverpool a few years ago and what Ole is doing now. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scott. said:

I was thinking that yesterday. This united side remind me of liverpool before they bought VVD and Allison

Yeah, Fernandes looks like our Salah. Instant impact and pure quality on the ball. I would say that Klopp inherited a worse overall team so he's done a phenomenal job with them. 

10 hours ago, _Bagel said:

Did you see what Ole said to him after you played them? 'We need a left footed centreback, keep going' and patted Ake on the back, fairplay Ole

yeah i did - not gonna read too much into it really. Does kinda make you think though - are there any world class CB pairings playing now? Like Vidic/Rio Terry Carvalho etc? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Roux said:

yeah i did - not gonna read too much into it really. Does kinda make you think though - are there any world class CB pairings playing now? Like Vidic/Rio Terry Carvalho etc? 

That's true, nowadays it seems to be one world-class CB elevating the playing and positioning  of the other atm. I.E Van Dijk and Matip. If you got Koulibaly I'd be jealous, but the pairing he's with isn't world class. I guess Varane and Ramos. That's only on paper though, I can't say I've watched much of Real Madrid lately 

27 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

That's true, nowadays it seems to be one world-class CB elevating the playing and positioning  of the other atm. I.E Van Dijk and Matip. If you got Koulibaly I'd be jealous, but the pairing he's with isn't world class. I guess Varane and Ramos. That's only on paper though, I can't say I've watched much of Real Madrid lately 

Yeah i thought about Varane and Ramos, but even they are shaky af ie just before lockdown. The last was probably Thiago Silva and Marquinhos but all they did was win a few Micky mouse trophies. 

Antonio is an absolute beast when in that form, think it would be pretty disastrous if we go down now.

Not expecting anything from the Man United game but another win or two draws against Watford and Villa will be enough, to be honest I think even just a draw against Villa will more than likely be good enough.

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

Antonio is an absolute beast when in that form, think it would be pretty disastrous if we go down now.

Not expecting anything from the Man United game but another win or two draws against Watford and Villa will be enough, to be honest I think even just a draw against Villa will more than likely be good enough.

What do you think of Soucek?

16 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

He's pretty good, hope we sign him permanently - especially as I think Rice might be off this summer. Adds a bit of steel to the team and is also proving to a bit of a goal threat now. 

Yeah I’ve been impressed 

Wow so now United actually have the chance to go up 3rd. Hope they do actually. Don't love the team but don't hate them ether the most I dislike is their fans but I'm glad things seem to be actually clicking now and United is such a huge club. Leicester are better in Europe league anyways. 

I hope Chelsea miss out. The thought of them signing Havertz makes me sick. No chance of that happening if they miss out on CL. 

Saying that the decision on City is tomorrow morning so 5th place could qualify for CL I’ve got no faith in them being punished though. Corrupt fucking cunts

• Like 1