The Official Football Topic

Cuth

What do people think of the bigger clubs responsibility to the lower league clubs, something doesn't sit right with me seeing a club like Maccasfield Town getting wrapped up for £500k worth of debt when that's one players wage for 2 weeks at a lot of the top clubs.

I don't think it's any single clubs responsibility but I do think football as a whole has a social responsibility to stop clubs crashing out of business, I know it's a very complex thing as some clubs are mismanaged and do they deserve a cash relief over a club that looks after their finances but either way, surely more can do be done during this time for clubs that rely so much on match day revenue to survive. 

20 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

What do people think of the bigger clubs responsibility to the lower league clubs, something doesn't sit right with me seeing a club like Maccasfield Town getting wrapped up for £500k worth of debt when that's one players wage for 2 weeks at a lot of the top clubs.

I don't think it's any single clubs responsibility but I do think football as a whole has a social responsibility to stop clubs crashing out of business, I know it's a very complex thing as some clubs are mismanaged and do they deserve a cash relief over a club that looks after their finances but either way, surely more can do be done during this time for clubs that rely so much on match day revenue to survive. 

Very hard to do when even the big clubs are struggling too. Spurs are having to pay off close to 1bn in loans. I think footballers themselves have an obligation to help out - particularly if they started their career at those clubs. Seems to happen alot with South American/Spanish/Portuguese teams where superstar ex-players donate or help them out financially. 

Maybe they should do what they do in Germany where the top clubs financially pledge money to lower league clubs. But wankers like City will find a way to abuse it. 

I think the FA should give lower league clubs massive bonuses for FA Cup/League cup games - because its performance based, it seems fair. 

@...Dan... @Scott. @Roux  @prankerd14 @BoogieMan

Just to let you guys know, FM2020 is free at the moment on Epic Games, all you have to do is sign up to Epic Games. 

This only runs until 24th September so be quick if you want it. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-09-17-football-manager-2020-makes-its-debut-on-the-epic-games-store

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bucko said:

Just to let you guys know, FM2020 is free at the moment on Epic Games, all you have to do is sign up to Epic Games. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-09-17-football-manager-2020-makes-its-debut-on-the-epic-games-store

On what platform

2 hours ago, Bucko said:

I paid £15 for it a month ago - ah well haha, on my 4th season with West Ham riding high in the CL!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bucko said:

I dont think i have played a proper football manager since early 2000s, loved championship manager, i played the mobile version of fm2017 but pretty basic...

For free tho ill give it a go, does it take alot of effort tho? Cant be assed spending an hour training and doing my team beforr every game lol

Shit. I would never slate FSG because of what they’ve done for the club, but I was getting frustrated at this frugal net spend thing.

Rest assured all Liverpool fans have been shut up in one day. It’s unreal to get, in Thiago,  a player who’s actually at the top of their game immediately, rather than wait two seasons for them to develop - which seemed to be the normal FSG model. 

Jota adds depth to that front 3 and is a better player than Sarr. So I’m happy with this window now. Looked fucking dire two days ago 

I downloaded fm as well I haven't played for so many years and even back then I preferred to actually play the games like pes and fifa.

About Bale I'm glad he's finally out of Madrid. He definitely didn't deserve even the small amount of minutes he was playing here his last good year was 2015. And then he adapted this "villain" persona which didn't help things either. Hope he bounces back in spurs, although I wouldn't bet on it mainly because of injuries.

1 hour ago, petros said:

I downloaded fm as well I haven't played for so many years and even back then I preferred to actually play the games like pes and fifa.

About Bale I'm glad he's finally out of Madrid. He definitely didn't deserve even the small amount of minutes he was playing here his last good year was 2015. And then he adapted this "villain" persona which didn't help things either. Hope he bounces back in spurs, although I wouldn't bet on it mainly because of injuries.

Classic ungrateful Madrid fan, worst fucking fans in the world.

• Crab 1

13 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

I dont think i have played a proper football manager since early 2000s, loved championship manager, i played the mobile version of fm2017 but pretty basic...

For free tho ill give it a go, does it take alot of effort tho? Cant be assed spending an hour training and doing my team beforr every game lol

Nah man you can customize what you do and don't want to control. As much as I have loved him, trying to get Ozil off the books is a nightmare. 

4 hours ago, petros said:

This guy 😂

Never rated Maguire. We are just a shambles of a club tbh. We must be one of the worst run football clubs in football. Who the fuck drops 80m on that massive headed cunt? He is absolute shite and Lindelof is a fucking disgrace, he’s not even a man, I fucking detest the the mincing Volvo driving CUNT. 

Our right side tonight was the worst in the league, Dan James and Mensah, fuck me Manchester United we’re talking about mind. 

The club will come out after this and blame the fans again for creating a negative atmosphere at the club but it’s down to them again, they simply do not care about football. They always do enough for CL football as soon as we get it the manager is not backed and then sacked by Christmas and the we go round in circles again. I fucking hate those Glazer cunts. They’ve destroyed the biggest club in the world, fucking hell they should be thrown in prison and I’m not even on a wum.