The Official Football Topic

Cuth

So we decided against paying 25m for 17 year old Birmingham captain Bellingham but we’re going to spend 40m on that young winger from Atalanta who’s had about 30mims of senior football 😂 the mind boggles. I’m so fucking done with these cunts. They just continue to shock me at how fucking clueless they are. 

I have no idea if this kid is any good or will develop into a worldy but how can you trust these cunts? I don’t trust them. He’s also not available till Jan when we need a RW now

3 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

I got a bit pissed yesterday and woke up today feeling like yesterdays matches were all a dream...

Unreal day of football. 

Some freakish results. 

Spurs dicking United at OT, Villa thrashing Liverpool,West Ham thrashing Leicester and the Arse winning. 

That red card in United game was awful though. 

Lol man united fans losing it that they gave the number 7 shirt to cavani that was meant to be for sancho apparently....

Has this got to be the worst transfer deadline day ever? There was probably less than 15 transfers and 5 were united i think lol 

11 hours ago, Scott. said:

Had all summer to get a RW sorted and here we are with two teenagers. Fantastic window again United. Well done 

That was the perfect deadline day for united. That leaky defence is fixed! You must be excited for rest of season? 

In all seriousness it was a car crash, but I'm not going to be one of those that right off Cavani. He's always been quality, just might take him a month or 2  to get back up to speed. 

Excited to see what Partey brings to the Arse. 

Would have been happy if we added an experienced RW on top of what we got. These young players look good/exciting - but no RW is a fail from me. 

Hope we try to sign Ismaila Saar now. 

Congrats Dortmund - you rejected 91m and are stuck with a kid who wont play, train or behave properly. 

Best of luck Pellistri - i hope you can handle pressure at 18 years old. 

1 hour ago, Roux said:

Congrats Dortmund - you rejected 91m and are stuck with a kid who wont play, train or behave properly. 

Not their fault you fucked around, I think it got the point that they rejected the bid out of principle due to the constant lowballing of their asking price and missing of the deadlines that they set you to get the deal done. Dortmund seem like they're pretty good to do business with usually, I think you need to be looking at Eddy and the United transfer hierarchy rather than Dortmund as to why this transfer didn't happen. 

Really interested to see how Cavani, I do like him as a player but he is known for missing clear cut chances, wasn't really an issue at PSG as he got so many but playing for Man United he will need to be far more economical and with him being a bit older, can you teach an old dog new tricks?

Just now, ...Dan... said:

Not their fault you fucked around, I think it got the point that they rejected the bid out of principle due to the constant lowballing of their asking price and missing of the deadlines that they set you to get the deal done. Dortmund seem like they're pretty good to do business with usually, I think you need to be looking at Eddy and the United transfer hierarchy rather than Dortmund as to why this transfer didn't happen. 

Really interested to see how Cavani, I do like him as a player but he is known for missing clear cut chances, wasn't really an issue at PSG as he got so many but playing for Man United he will need to be far more economical and with him being a bit older, can you teach an old dog new tricks?

Paying 120m in these times is madness. 91m is pretty fair if you ask me - they can do what they like, but now he's clearly unhappy and will leave for way less next summer or for free after. He's not even training with them. 

Everyone is lowballing - sign of the times. 

2 hours ago, Roux said:

Paying 120m in these times is madness. 91m is pretty fair if you ask me - they can do what they like, but now he's clearly unhappy and will leave for way less next summer or for free after. He's not even training with them. 

Everyone is lowballing - sign of the times. 

They'll still get another season with Sancho once the dust settles and I guarantee they'll still get £50-60m next summer. 

More teams will be in for him next summer once the dust settles from Covid so that could end up driving the price again despite him having just a year left on his deal. I think it'll be a lot harder for you to get him then with more teams being in for him, he might even harbor some resentment for the fact the saga got dragged out all summer and Man United didn't get the job done. 

I think in the long run it'll work out for Sancho though, I think he'll end up at a better team next summer. 

21 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

They'll still get another season with Sancho once the dust settles and I guarantee they'll still get £50-60m next summer. 

More teams will be in for him next summer once the dust settles from Covid so that could end up driving the price again despite him having just a year left on his deal. I think it'll be a lot harder for you to get him then with more teams being in for him, he might even harbor some resentment for the fact the saga got dragged out all summer and Man United didn't get the job done. 

I think in the long run it'll work out for Sancho though, I think he'll end up at a better team next summer. 

That's around half of what United were offering now - a potential loss of 40-50m. And this Covid situation might be even worse next summer - who knows? W're already going into Xmas without fans returning to grounds. 

United made a fair offer - no idea why he would resent them for it when it was Dortmund who attached an unrealistic price for him. Nobody is going to pay over 100m right now for one player. They pulled this with Dembele a few years ago and in the end gave in. Ultimately, its their choice - but i think they'll regret it. 

33 minutes ago, Roux said:

That's around half of what United were offering now - a potential loss of 40-50m. And this Covid situation might be even worse next summer - who knows? W're already going into Xmas without fans returning to grounds. 

United made a fair offer - no idea why he would resent them for it when it was Dortmund who attached an unrealistic price for him. Nobody is going to pay over 100m right now for one player. They pulled this with Dembele a few years ago and in the end gave in. Ultimately, its their choice - but i think they'll regret it. 

I guess we will see, I just think Sancho might be a bit pissed that he put all his eggs in the Man United basket and they didn't go all out to get him - can only speculate though of course, guess time will tell. 

Soucek on a permanant basis and our new right back for £5m, two very good signings but another net profit. Anderson going out on loan to Porto as well, apart from a purple patch in November/December 2018 he has been absolutely useless, hopefully we can get a bit of money back on him if he has a decent loan there.

Hopefully we can raid the Championship and sign some young hungry players from there - I actually prefer that than expensive European flops, we really need a centre back, centre mid and maybe a left back. I think we'd be lucky to get one of them though. 

Fucking sickening to think clubs like Villa, Leeds, Arsenal, Spurs outspending  us. Net spent we’ve spent 40m. Fucking disgusting. We’re Manchester United ffs and yes I know money isn’t everything and you’ve got to buy the right players which we haven’t done for about 10 years including Fergie’s last few windows which were a joke. But to think we finished so far behind our two biggest rivals and first and foremost we’re a football club and has to be challenging for the title we end up spending less than those two teams and less than half the teams in the fucking league. They make me sick. I hope we go down. I fucking pray we go down. It’s the only thing that will cleanse this club from those fucking parasites. 

If you offered me now relagation I’d snap your fucking hands off. 

Even the talk of Poch is so predictable and boring. Think outside the box you fucking useless cunts. How obvious is poch ffs. No thought gone into it if he is the next manager.   

If it was up to me I’d look to get rid of Pogba next summer and also De Gea. You’d think we’d get easily 150m for the both of them, I’d cut my losses on Maguire and Bissaka too. 

Solskjaer’s signings have been awful just like the managers before him, this is why you need a DOF at the club ffs. 

This is gonna sound a bit mental but I honestly don’t think Bruno is as good as people are making out, yes he’s a good player and I’m glad we’ve got him but he isn’t world class far from it, same with Beek, I just think he’s a decent player nothing special. He’d be straight in team for me ahead of that cunt Pogba though. 

40 minutes ago, Scott. said:

If it was up to me I’d look to get rid of Pogba next summer and also De Gea. You’d think we’d get easily 150m for the both of them, I’d cut my losses on Maguire and Bissaka too. 

Solskjaer’s signings have been awful just like the managers before him, this is why you need a DOF at the club ffs. 

This is gonna sound a bit mental but I honestly don’t think Bruno is as good as people are making out, yes he’s a good player and I’m glad we’ve got him but he isn’t world class far from it, same with Beek, I just think he’s a decent player nothing special. He’d be straight in team for me ahead of that cunt Pogba though. 

It's funny because he was getting bigged up for his signings last year, funny how long a year is in football

- James - not good enough, never will be, simple as
- Wan-Bissaka - isn't a modern day full back, good defensively but going forward he's awful and even his defensive play seems to be getting worse
- Maguire - still living off WC2018, could still turn it around but isn't looking promising
- Fernandes - very good player in my opinion but with the other clowns around him how long will he stick around for?

In more exciting transfer news, looks like we're signing Craig Dawson for £4m!