The Official Football Topic

Cuth

Looks like we're going to be getting Benrahama from Brentford in the next couple of days. 

Really hoping this happens, supposedly a 28 year old Josh King for £18m on mega wages is the back up option and I really don't fancy that.

We actually have a great record of signing Championship players and them doing well in the Prem so hopefully this can be the same.

Bowen and Benrahama on either wing with Antonio up top could be quite a dangerous front three. 

44 minutes ago, Roux said:

Its just kinda mad how Felipe Anderson gave up and couldn't be arsed to play anymore - he was on fire in that first season. 

He flattered to deceive for the most part, even during his first season.

Was incredible in November/December but was average to poor before and after that purple patch.

2 hours ago, Scott. said:

Starting to feel for Maguire now

It's awful management of him at both United and England. He genuinely does need a break from football. But he's also just not good enough for United or England.

I can't believe he's your captain man. 

Someone on talksport actually hit the nail on the head. £80 million spent to replace Phil Jones with Phil Jones. 

14 hours ago, Bucko said:

It's awful management of him at both United and England. He genuinely does need a break from football. But he's also just not good enough for United or England.

I can't believe he's your captain man. 

Someone on talksport actually hit the nail on the head. £80 million spent to replace Phil Jones with Phil Jones. 

I do think he is playing really really badly at the minute, he isn't worth £80m but you have to account for the fact he's in awful form as well and most players will have a few rough patches performance wise throughout their career.

Am I the only one who remembers Maguire having a bit of pace? he's never been rapid but I swear in the earlier days of his career he used to eat up the ground with his big strides once he got going. Since he's joined Man United it's like he's running on treacle. 

Poor bastard.

He's never really had much pace, his positioning has always been pretty good - but not close to someone like John Terry who didn't have much pace either.

He's not has much of a pre-season, so i feel bad for him - he just needs to keep playing, everything can change with one game. I think it will take a few more games for United to pick up form - they don't look like a team at the moment. 

He's a good defender, just not good enough for United - certainly not good enough to be our first choice or our Captain. The recent games have really highlighted his lack of pace and extremely poor distribution. 

48 minutes ago, Roux said:

Donny Van de Beek is something else, they've got to figure out how to play Bruno, Pobga and VDB together. He's got that De Bruyne style about him. 

In my opinion he is your best midfielder. I have loved watching him at Ajax over the years, he's mega at finding pockets of space and his one touch play is outstanding. 

41 minutes ago, Bucko said:

In my opinion he is your best midfielder. I have loved watching him at Ajax over the years, he's mega at finding pockets of space and his one touch play is outstanding. 

He has a very high footballing IQ, very smart footballer. Won't be long before he's starting games - Ole might have to play a diamond system like this.

bfb3e-16020887594714-800.jpg

44 minutes ago, Roux said:

He has a very high footballing IQ, very smart footballer. Won't be long before he's starting games - Ole might have to play a diamond system like this.

bfb3e-16020887594714-800.jpg

Can't comment on Telles yet (although his goals and assists stats in Portugal are very good for a full back) but I think you need a better right back offensively to play a narrow diamond.

Fair play to Maguire - had a shit month or so but did well to put in a performance like that.

31 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Can't comment on Telles yet (although his goals and assists stats in Portugal are very good for a full back) but I think you need a better right back offensively to play a narrow diamond.

Fair play to Maguire - had a shit month or so but did well to put in a performance like that.

It won't be much different to what Bissaka is doing now in a 4-2-3-1 - he doesn't get much help from James/Greenwood. Either way the benefits outweigh the negatives in this system to accommodate the midfield 4 in that pic. The front 5 is very dynamic/interchangeable. 

Bissaka has so much time to develop. Someone like Luke Shaw doesn't- i thought he was awful yesterday, not because of the OG - he just doesn't know what to do with the ball in the final 3rd - so many good positions and he just hits and hopes - clueless.