The Official Football Topic

Cuth

2 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Agreed he’s fucking wank. Should cut our losses and fuck him off for 40m and get Upamecano next summer to partner Tuanzebe. 

I thought Shaw was brilliant in a back 3 last night, I always thought Bissaka would be good there because his defending is excellent and his attacking play is awful. 

I’ll be pissed off if we don’t go into that chelsea game with same formation 

He's not wank - he's a very good defender - just doesn't fit in with how we want to play. 

Shaw was very good in the 3. 

Ole should take alot of credit - after the own goal he went for it with the diamond and taking a defender off - he knew they were there for the taking. 

I love the back 3 switching to a diamond or the reverse - we have to move away from 4-2-3-1. 

On 10/24/2020 at 1:36 PM, Scott. said:

We should make a WhatsApp group lads 😎

@...Dan... Basmati dominated that first half 

He's having a really solid season so far, think he's relishing wearing the armband. 

Carragher said during the Spurs game that people underrate his passing which is completely correct. He's def influencing games more this season as well e.g. when he ran the length of the pitch against Leicester and hit the bar with a shot etc...

Think he's suited far more to being box to box than the really deep sitting role that Southgate plays him in, although I think he could be very good at that for England when we come up against the top sides. 

10 hours ago, Scott. said:

We’ve got a top squad now. All the lads that came on were excellent. Mctominay was brilliant when he came on and Rashford was unreal. Bruno outstanding too

Excellent young squad - just missing a top RW in my opinion. Bissaka is back to his best, Lidelof and Maguire look solid too.

The only thing negative i notice is that 3 of our back four are not very good with the ball at their feet facing a high press. Not the worst in the world, but not great either.

Quite impressed with Upamecano, he's good on the ball and quick - leaves huge gaps at the back when he drives forward, but overall he's a very good player.

Upamecano is a good player but Rashford made him look like Titus Bramble last night so I’m not sure anymore. How long did it take him to get back into defence too when he went on a run?

Do we need a RW? The diamond or 352 formation is the way to go

14 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Upamecano is a good player but Rashford made him look like Titus Bramble last night so I’m not sure anymore. How long did it take him to get back into defence too when he went on a run?

Do we need a RW? The diamond or 352 formation is the way to go

Rashford could do that to most CB's in the world though. Look at VVD at Southampton - they were getting smashed most weeks, but as an individual he had the tools to become a top CB. Upamecano is only 22 and his manager probably lets him fly up the ptich. 

Deffo need a RW - the more options we have the better. 

3 hours ago, Roux said:

Awful game. Van De Beek is class, everyone is losing their shit over nothing - if he played for any other team it wouldn't be an issue.

Haller on the other hand... 

I'm sure he just as class as Davy Klassen was when he came to the Prem after setting the Eredivise on fire.

All I'm saying is Ole clearly doesn't fancy him and the poor cunt looks fucking miserable. I think it's getting more and more obvious that he never wanted him as a signing. 

Sebastian Haller is the joint top scorer in the Carabao Cup, despite us going out in the 4th round - you simply can't argue with that record, what has Van De Beek done in English football that can compare to that?

43 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I'm sure he just as class as Davy Klassen was when he came to the Prem after setting the Eredivise on fire.

All I'm saying is Ole clearly doesn't fancy him and the poor cunt looks fucking miserable. I think it's getting more and more obvious that he never wanted him as a signing. 

Sebastian Haller is the joint top scorer in the Carabao Cup, despite us going out in the 4th round - you simply can't argue with that record, what has Van De Beek done in English football that can compare to that?

Man, your're obsessed with these Dutch players becoming Klassen for some reason... very odd. He doesn't fancy him because Bruno is probably our best player in that position. He literally started our last game. Cavani doesn't play, does he hate him too? weird.

Guy is a fucking tree up front that can barely move. 45m in the gutter. Even Donny has the same amount of league goals as him!

1 hour ago, Roux said:

Man, your're obsessed with these Dutch players becoming Klassen for some reason... very odd. He doesn't fancy him because Bruno is probably our best player in that position. He literally started our last game. Cavani doesn't play, does he hate him too? weird.

Guy is a fucking tree up front that can barely move. 45m in the gutter. Even Donny has the same amount of league goals as him!

Well Cavani was a complete panic signing, we all know that. He'll pick up his huge signing on fee, mega wages and then fuck off next summer after scoring a few goals here and there. He's also not playing because he signed very late during the window after not training with anyone since March so it's a bit more understandble.

Not obsessed, just point out that there is a long history of flops imported from the Eredivise over the years. Sure some succeed but it's not looking good early doors for poor little Donny. 

I'll agree it's £45m down the drain with Haller, he will fuck off to Germany/France on loan in either January or next summer and then will probably leave for less than half what we paid for him. Unfortunately the couple of times our owners have gone big, they've got it horrendously wrong. 

18 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Well Cavani was a complete panic signing, we all know that. He'll pick up his huge signing on fee, mega wages and then fuck off next summer after scoring a few goals here and there. He's also not playing because he signed very late during the window after not training with anyone since March so it's a bit more understandble.

Not obsessed, just point out that there is a long history of flops imported from the Eredivise over the years. Sure some succeed but it's not looking good early doors for poor little Donny. 

I'll agree it's £45m down the drain with Haller, he will fuck off to Germany/France on loan in either January or next summer and then will probably leave for less than half what we paid for him. Unfortunately the couple of times our owners have gone big, they've got it horrendously wrong. 

There's a long history of flops imported from EVERY country... 

Everytime DVB has played he's looked impressive - did you watch the RB Leipzig game?

I would take van der Beek in a heartbeat at the arse. He would have been the perfect replacement for Ramsey.

I can't believe he's not starting, everytime I've seen him play for United this season I've been impressed. United should be building a team around him and Bruno. Cut the losses on Pogba and get rid.