The Official Football Topic

Cuth

2 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE MILLIONAIRES, FOR JUST ONCE! 😭

Five subs is a crock of shit, just gives larger squads even more of an advantage. Glad most teams in the league saw through that and voted against it.

Likes of Man City, Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea etc can easily rotate with the size/quality of their squads, they don't need five subs every game as well to give them even more of an advantage over everyone else. 

Klopp moaning about TV schedules as well while happy to fucking coin it from them, embarrassing. Liverpool have just got unlucky with injuries, it's football...it happens - they were overdue a bad run of injuries to be honest, they've been incredibly lucky the past couple of years avoiding injuries to key players.

Even your own manager changed his mind on 5 Subs.

I agree with Klopp - Wilder has one fucking point, sub's haven't affected that one bit. Its going to come back to haunt these idiots - at least Moyes has the balls to admit he was wrong. This isn't a normal season. These 'smaller' team can't afford to lose important players - but they will now - so fuck em'

We are the only major league in Europe not using 5 subs, we make it harder for English teams to progress in Europe because of dumb tv schedules and we further compound that by playing MORE games over xmas. Way to go FA you fucking morons. The other leagues in Europe are far smarter and will do everything to help their own teams progress internationally and domestically. 

The vote was before the season, and already there are muppets in this league regretting it. But whatever, they are millionaires and we love watching great players miss large chunks of the season through injury... fantastic entertainment. 

Thought we played really well last night (other than the first 10 mins). Martial is badly out of form.

United in this form, should be winning at West Ham - but playing a huge mid-week game does make a difference. Cavani has been a dream up front and i expect him to score every match.

Not sure who is worse, OGS for leaving Fred on or Fred for diving into tackles like that when on a yellow after raising his head to someone. 

I was glad he didn't get sent off at the time as I hate when players throw themselves to the floor like Paredes did but you have to question Freds intelligence when you launch into tackles like that when on what is essentially an orange card. 

Martial misses to many chances to be a leading striker for a club like Man United, to be honest Cavani does as well but I think he is a better option than Martial at the minute. 

Praying Antonio is fitter than he was against Villa, think he can bully Maguire and Lindelof (especially the later)

Raising his head was stupid, he should have been off. Aside from that - him and McTominay were excellent. 

A good sign that we can not only compete with 2 really good European teams in RB and PSG - and blow them both away at times - its been a while since we've done that in Europe. 

League games are a toss-up really - you never know which United you're going to get. But West Ham have been scraping through their last 5/6 games really. 

I have no idea how we lost that last night, it was so frustrating, we genuinely should of been 3-1 up and their heads would of dropped because that’s what they do. They looked sharp first 15 mins but once we settled we were miles better than them. 

I like Ole and I am ‘Ole in’ but he had a fucking mare last night. I cannot believe he left Fred on fucking hell, his subs have always been poor too, why on earth did he take Cavani off to then bring Ighalo on 10 mins later?? Just leave Cavani on. Stuff like that baffles me. 

Martial has been diabolical this season, he’s 25 now and not a prospect anymore, I know he had a good season last year but he’s just not consistent enough and you can’t rely on him so I’d like to see him go in the summer and bring in a proper forward like Haaland, also Rashford most of the time makes the wrong decisions, I like Marcus though but him and Martial in our attack are so frustrating.

Cavani has been a breath of fresh air, some of his link up play is fucking outstanding. He needs to start every game for me. 

I think we’ll beat West Ham weekend.

yeah - Turchel made a change in the second half to shore-up their left side. United were ripping them apart on that side for 10mins and should have scored at least twice on the break. Rashford and Martial are just not advancing their game the way i hoped - Rashford beats 3 players and then stops, or tries to beat that 4th man and gets crowded out - does this game after game. 

As far as we know - this is Ole's last season. Although i think Woodward would extend his contract - right now he has to win something significant imo.

Cavani is just superb in every area really, you can tell this guy is an elite striker. 

3 hours ago, Roux said:

Gotta get that football365 clickbait ;D

@Scott. you seeing this Pellistri kid? we might have a proper RW for once - looks like hes being brought into the first team now. Very exciting to watch.

Yeah looks decent. Diallo who’s coming in Jan looks unreal but will he cut it on england? He’s a winger isn’t he? He’ll be in the side before Pellestri 

Just now, Scott. said:

As soon as I saw the line up I knew we’d play like a shower of cunts. This was a tough game to begin with but putting that fucking cunt Pogba in the side is like playing with 9 men. I fucking despise him

You can't be any worse in the second half, just hoping we don't pay for all those missed chances.