The Official Football Topic

Cuth

10 minutes ago, Roux said:

not really - we were still shit. You're boys just bottled it as usual. 

Yeah we did, we missed our big chances and you put yours away. Fair play as i said.

No coincidence that you created all of yours while you had the weak Dutch blonde bimbo who just makes 5 yard passes backwards replaced with a real threat.

23 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Yeah we did, we missed our big chances and you put yours away. Fair play as i said.

No coincidence that you created all of yours while you had the weak Dutch blonde bimbo who just makes 5 yard passes backwards replaced with a real threat.

giphy.gif

Good luck with the inevitable relegation battle - i know its familiar for you. VAR should keep you up.

25 minutes ago, Roux said:

giphy.gif

Good luck with the inevitable relegation battle - i know its familiar for you. VAR should keep you up.

Oh it is! Hopefully VAR can be as kind to us as it is to you, would probably win the league if it was.

Already half way to staying up though - not bad considering our fixtures so far, good luck with the battle for 4th! basically the new Arsenal.

14 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

@Scott. what you think of Pogba and Raiola this time? surely you have to bin him now, trouble is what sort of money win you get for him with 18 months on his contract and the state of finances in football?

PSG maybe?

I’d let the cunt go for free tbh

They’re a good side but I think the formation and line up was all wrong. Mctominay and Matic were like statues in midfield. We were excellent second half shock horror, at one point they were camped in their half for ages. Can say they were 3-0 up and seeing the game out but we maintained pressure and had plenty of opportunities, the two goals we scored were quite lucky mind. 

Greenwood was fucking excellent, couple of times he probably should have scored but what a talent. Bruno excellent again, we’re absolutely fucked without him

• Crab 1

1 minute ago, Scott. said:

They’re a good side but I think the formation and line up was all wrong. Mctominay and Matic were like statues in midfield. We were excellent second half shock horror, at one point they were camped in their half for ages. Can say they were 3-0 up and seeing the game out but we maintained pressure and had plenty of opportunities, the two goals we scored were quite lucky mind. 

Greenwood was fucking excellent, couple of times he probably should have scored but what a talent. Bruno excellent again, we’re absolutely fucked without him

Greenwood was disgusting - amazing feet. Can't believe we nearly pulled it off at the end when it was nearly an OG. I just don't think we are good enough yet to compete in Europe and the league at the same time - we fucked up in the first Istanbul game really. 

Bruno is the player we all thought Pogba would be - he should be captain, no doubt. 

Best to concentrate on the league - get out of Europe entirely. This could be the most open league in years - we need to be up there by Xmas, within 6 points. No team has really set the standard so far. 

Sell Pobga to highest bidder and bring in one the best players in the league right now, Grealish.

3 hours ago, Roux said:

Meh - still took 10mins to put your boys to the sword. These Germans aren't bottlers - good team, well managed. 

I'm glad beating us is that important to your season, think you'll struggle to find any West Ham fan who disagrees about us being bottlejobs. 

2 hours ago, Scott. said:

Not sure why Shaw started, looked woefully off the pace at points and as someone said at the end, he is known for taking a few weeks to get back up to full fitness. AWB is one of the best in the world one v one but I'm noticing more and more how bad his positioning can be and on the ball he is simply not good enough. What the hell was De Gea doing for the third as well, was like he was fielding a cricket ball pea rolling towards him rather than closing down a player.

Bit gutted to be honest, stuck a tenner on Man United double chance at 5/1 at HT, thought it was well gone when it went 3-0 but so close with the near own goal by the end. 

2 hours ago, Roux said:

Greenwood was disgusting - amazing feet. Can't believe we nearly pulled it off at the end when it was nearly an OG. I just don't think we are good enough yet to compete in Europe and the league at the same time - we fucked up in the first Istanbul game really. 

Bruno is the player we all thought Pogba would be - he should be captain, no doubt. 

Best to concentrate on the league - get out of Europe entirely. This could be the most open league in years - we need to be up there by Xmas, within 6 points. No team has really set the standard so far. 

Sell Pobga to highest bidder and bring in one the best players in the league right now, Grealish.

How much you honestly reckon you'll get for Pogba in this market? only 18 months left on his deal as well with his stock pretty low - I think you'd be lucky to get £40-50m now, maybe PSG or Real Madrid with Zidane?

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

I'm glad beating us is that important to your season, think you'll struggle to find any West Ham fan who disagrees about us being bottlejobs. 

Not sure why Shaw started, looked woefully off the pace at points and as someone said at the end, he is known for taking a few weeks to get back up to full fitness. AWB is one of the best in the world one v one but I'm noticing more and more how bad his positioning can be and on the ball he is simply not good enough. What the hell was De Gea doing for the third as well, was like he was fielding a cricket ball pea rolling towards him rather than closing down a player.

Bit gutted to be honest, stuck a tenner on Man United double chance at 5/1 at HT, thought it was well gone when it went 3-0 but so close with the near own goal by the end. 

How much you honestly reckon you'll get for Pogba in this market? only 18 months left on his deal as well with his stock pretty low - I think you'd be lucky to get £40-50m now, maybe PSG or Real Madrid with Zidane?

Every game is important - especially when you play that poorly for most of the match and come from behind to win. 

Shaw & Maguire are not United quality. Telles has come in and can actually play and interlink with players. Shaw is an awful passer of the ball and has no skill at all. 

I have no idea how much we'll get for Pobga - i don't even know if any clubs would take him for around 40-50m in this COVID climate. Plus his wages and agent fees will be through the roof. Everyone is skint. 

Whole team was poor for the first 30mins - against a good side like RB and PSG they will punish you. Ole and the players didn't take the Istanbul game seriously - they've been a handful for all 3 teams in the group. 

Still, its going to be the making of younger players like Rashford, Greenwood, McTominay, Tuanzebe, AWB, Beek  etc - they've all had some good games against top level teams. 

Good win on Friday, should have been 4-1 at least though (and even then that would have accounted for us missing a few great chances)

Need to start putting sides to the sword a bit more but no complaints with our current form and being 6th over a quarter of the way through the season.

Don't expect to keep it up but I think we will avoid the relegation battle a lot of people tipped us for.

Get Antonio fit again and get Benrahma in the team regularly and we will give anyone a game, Rice has been fantastic this season - taken his game to another level. 

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

Man united go on a winning spree and the football chat goes dead and into a graveyard lol

Come on united lose!

i have no idea how we are pulling it off or how long it will continue. The team is on fire. 

My only wish now is that this Diallo kid who joins us in a few days is a beast on the RW - he looks unreal for an 18yo. 

Looks like frank could be on thin ice!

The premier league is so petty, arteta and ole both on the chopping block a few weeks ago, now both back to god status.. frank could do no wrong now hes being called to be sacked... 

How about when a season goes you cant sack a manager... that would be so much better, a manager transfer window ;)