The Official Football Topic

Cuth

Title race looks interesting this year. Liverpool can't stop drawing, Man United look in contention but Ole is a bit of a streaky manager and City now look like they're ready to put a bit of a run together. Can't see Spurs really competing and Chelsea are already out of it imo. Leicester while having a decent start will also fall short again for me.

Really happy with our start to the season, I think a lot of people tipped us for relegation (I for one thought we would be down there) but I think 3 more wins and we're safe and can start looking up. 

Coufal has been a great signing and Rice/Soucek will give any midfield in the league a game from the centre of the park. Just need to get Antonio back to full fitness and play him instead of Haller and we'll be much more of a threat going forward.

I'd like us to be more attacking sometimes against the weaker teams but I'll take the Moyes stability over the Pellegrini shit show for sure. 

On 1/4/2021 at 1:42 PM, ...Dan... said:

Title race looks interesting this year. Liverpool can't stop drawing, Man United look in contention but Ole is a bit of a streaky manager and City now look like they're ready to put a bit of a run together. Can't see Spurs really competing and Chelsea are already out of it imo. Leicester while having a decent start will also fall short again for me.

Really happy with our start to the season, I think a lot of people tipped us for relegation (I for one thought we would be down there) but I think 3 more wins and we're safe and can start looking up. 

Coufal has been a great signing and Rice/Soucek will give any midfield in the league a game from the centre of the park. Just need to get Antonio back to full fitness and play him instead of Haller and we'll be much more of a threat going forward.

I'd like us to be more attacking sometimes against the weaker teams but I'll take the Moyes stability over the Pellegrini shit show for sure. 

Its great to see moyes doing well again after that shitshow of a few years after he left everton and picking the wrong jobs!..

What you think of him in general?

Dont rule out spurs just yet, they have had the toughest run so far, i think they had something stupid like... arsenal, chelsea, man city, Liverpool, Leicester, wolves in the space of 8 games..

Still got Liverpool, united and city in the next 5 weeks lol

Then they have a pretty nice run towards the end..

Im loving klopps little meltdown now tho after its not going his way now..

Moaning about united penalties is really reaching and shows hes frustrated lol

36 minutes ago, prankerd14 said:

Its great to see moyes doing well again after that shitshow of a few years after he left everton and picking the wrong jobs!..

What you think of him in general?

It's hard to say, it felt like a backwards step getting him back after sacking him to bring in Pellegrini to play a more expansive type of football which didn't work out at all and we're left with the very expensive legacy of that (Anderson & Haller for example)

One thing I will say about Moyes is that he's got his signings spot on.

Coufal
Soucek
Bowen 

All been big players for us since his arrival.

Sure it would be great to play more expansive football at times but we have played some decent stuff this season as well as picking up some very good points against the bigger sides. We'd be even higher up the league if we buried our chances more but there isn't much he can do about wasteful finishing. 

Overall I'm happy and would like him to have a new contract and more money to spend in the summer. 

The thing is tho west ham are not at that level to be playing expansive football, you will always be in and around midtable, lookign towards a top half finish or looking over your shoulder at relegation on a bad run...

Until you get rid of your tight ass owners and bring in some ambition, moyes is perfect for what your owners want and to keep you in the league...

On 1/6/2021 at 10:57 AM, prankerd14 said:

The thing is tho west ham are not at that level to be playing expansive football, you will always be in and around midtable, lookign towards a top half finish or looking over your shoulder at relegation on a bad run...

Until you get rid of your tight ass owners and bring in some ambition, moyes is perfect for what your owners want and to keep you in the league...

My thoughts exactly tbh, we just don't have the financial clout to bring in players who can play that way. The two players we did drop mega bucks on who do were pretty much flops, Anderson is on loan at Porto and can't even get in their match day squad and Haller left for half the price we paid for him.

It's no coincidence that the players we have signed that have worked recently are all hard working/honest players who give their all. 

I think Moyes has done great job, we were looking dead and buried when he took over last season and he kept us up with a few games left and this season we are looking up rather than down, would be very happy with a top half finish tbh - that would be incredible progress. 

If you told me we'd be on level points with Chelsea after 17 games I'd have not believed you...although think that says a bit more about them than us atm haha.

This season feels a bit like the old school Premier League where teams used to lose 5/6 games and win it with 75/80 points. 

I think if a team gets 80 points this year they will probably win it, although I have a feeling City are ready to go on one hell of a run. They are only 7 points off the top with 2 games in hand and a glorious run of fixtures in the coming weeks. 

Not playing that great but grinding out wins, 7th half way through the season - don't think many predicted that. Would be very happy with a top half finish. Moyes is doing a pretty incredible job tbh, proved me wrong for sure. 

With Fabianski, Ogbonna/Dawson, Soucek/Rice and Antonio we have a really solid spine, just need to try and get the creative players to make things happen more.

3 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Moyes doing hell of a job fair play 

big game tonight. Fulham have been decent lately and I think we’ll rest players for Liverpool weekend so could be a banana skin

Were you happy with a point on Sunday?

I suppose on paper its a good point but I really felt Liverpool were there for the taking and could have put a bit of distance between you and them going into the second half of the season. 

That was a good win last night. Tight pitch and no room for the wide players really. Fulham were very dangerous, they were better than Liverpool tbh. 

our right hand side is a massive weakness. Ole wanted Sancho and the board didn’t deliver. They better deliver this summer. 

Still not sold on Bisakka, we need a RB. Would love Periera at Leicester, just coming back from injury and may find it hard shifting Castagne from RB who’s been excellent for them

45 minutes ago, Scott. said:

That was a good win last night. Tight pitch and no room for the wide players really. Fulham were very dangerous, they were better than Liverpool tbh. 

our right hand side is a massive weakness. Ole wanted Sancho and the board didn’t deliver. They better deliver this summer. 

Still not sold on Bisakka, we need a RB. Would love Periera at Leicester, just coming back from injury and may find it hard shifting Castagne from RB who’s been excellent for them

I don't think its the boards fault they didn't get Sancho - they offered a very very good deal. 

Bisakka has played like Bisakka... half asleep and just overall poor play. 

Right side will be (and has been) Uniteds downfall, it must be addressed. Interesting to see how much Sancho goes for in the summer.

Every team in this league is tough - its really is the best league in the world.

That kid Fofana for Leicester has got to be one everyone's radar now - he phenomenal for his age at CB. 

17 minutes ago, Roux said:

I don't think its the boards fault they didn't get Sancho - they offered a very very good deal. 

Bisakka has played like Bisakka... half asleep and just overall poor play. 

Right side will be (and has been) Uniteds downfall, it must be addressed. Interesting to see how much Sancho goes for in the summer.

Every team in this league is tough - its really is the best league in the world.

That kid Fofana for Leicester has got to be one everyone's radar now - he phenomenal for his age at CB. 

Yeah he looks incredible for his age. Leicester’s recruitment is excellent on the whole. James Justin at LB is one hell of a find, he looks fantastic